Geno Auriemma calls Caitlyn Clark fans "delusional"

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I’ve never seen so many people judge how great an athlete is based on popularity, ticket sales and “eye balls”.

Not to mention “style”.

I thought it was about winning :dahell:

And not just Clark, but this entire rookie class is overrated. None of them are making a significant impact on the court. NONE of them.

You would think the media would at least try to cover the actual best players and teams now that more people are paying attention, but they’re on bullshyt.
That's the biggest problem with all this attention they're finally getting. None of it is really about the basketball being played on the court. It's all the drama and bickering getting the real coverage.
And you know what’s really fukked up??

The wnba hasn’t even had 10 games yet this season yet lmfaooo

From sports media to the coli we’re making career, season hot takes when we haven’t even reached ten games lol

Literally all these rookies could be big names five years from now but we’re writing them all off because of ten games lmao

Like we don’t watch the nba and see how player development takes time lmao

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

SO CLARK HITS CARTER WITH AN ELBOW...

gif-20240606-150342.gif

TALKS SOME shyt TO HER...

gif-20240606-150439.gif

THEN TAKES A DIVE...

Smart-Select-20240604-112854-You-Tube.gif

"OH MY GOD!!!
POOR CAITLIN.
WHY THEY DOING HER LIKE THIS?" -
BLACK MEN OF THE COLI
:devil:
:evil:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
His answer explains part of the reason why the WNBA is such a bad product. The skill level is low and players compensate by being overly physical in order to maintain their position. In a sense it's similar to hockey in the 90s before the lockout. Any threat of change, or possibility of a more elegant game, is going to receive pushback. At any point there are maybe three talented players on an WNBA court alongside seven rugby players. And those enforcers are always going to have an incentive to beat up rookies and freeze them out in order to keep roster spots. Unless the WNBA changes the rules, which they will probably do within the next few years to ensure Clark, Paige, and Juju take over.

You just described the NBA in the 1980s.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
He’s not totally wrong. But expecting the Don of the UConn Mafia to be objective on this is naive.

CC has become a major grievance issue for a lot of people. I think one side has become more wrong and more outrageous than the other - editorial boards and politicians weighing in is as warped as it is stupid. But everyone is working an agenda. I can’t believe what people waste faux-political and social capital on.
The only issue I ever had with Clark was when I felt like they were acting like every WNBA had to worship the ground she walked on at all times and any shyt talking or downplaying of a rookie was hating. Other than that, it is, what it is.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You just described the NBA in the 1980s.
Are you fukking joking bruh?

That was really overtly the Pistons with that physical shyt 80’players had stupid skill post games midrange shut wasn’t a lick and roll everyplat shyt was one one one who had beat people y’all be bugging

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NBA rookies and NFL rookies don’t get bullied by opposing teams just for being rookies, that’s reserved for teammates

Only comp close to this is Lonzo Ball and we kno why he was targeted

Nfl rookies dont usually get the same type of hype first of all. Secondly the NBA is soft as hell now.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Clark been talking shyt and throwing i shots. She throws elbows and flops. Gimme a fukking break

And i havent seen her try to stop the "racist" "jealous" allegations against her peers either:sas2:

She loves having her nazi footsoldiers attacking the competetion on her behalf. Yet you still have black men lining up to take a bullet on her behalf:mjlol:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Paige being a carpet muncher is disappointing. Won't lie.

My CC agenda will probably be bushed when Milaysia makes it to the league. :banderas:
In my prime, I could fukk Paige. I done had relationships with girls like Paige who love girls but they love me too. Gay girls still like nikkas, just the right nikkas