Geno Auriemma calls Caitlyn Clark fans "delusional"

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
His answer explains part of the reason why the WNBA is such a bad product. The skill level is low and players compensate by being overly physical in order to maintain their position. In a sense it's similar to hockey in the 90s before the lockout. Any threat of change, or possibility of a more elegant game, is going to receive pushback. At any point there are maybe three talented players on an WNBA court alongside seven rugby players. And those enforcers are always going to have an incentive to beat up rookies and freeze them out in order to keep roster spots. Unless the WNBA changes the rules, which they will probably do within the next few years to ensure Clark, Paige, and Juju take over.
I don't think that'll happen

What'll probably actually happen is that those unskilled vets will age out, players looking up to CC, Juju, etc will be the new normal and there's going to be expansion teams that dilute the talent pool so CC, Paige, Juju take over anyway

Quietly the WNBA rules already mirror the current NBA rules down to the challenges, and are forward thinking in other areas

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Diana Taurasi was hating, she’s saying shyt that anyone who play or watch basketball already kno

If it was Paige getting this attention would she had said that? Answer is obviously kno
Diana’s response was to a question that asked what she would tell rookies like Caitlin and Cardozo .

Advice to an entire rookie class somehow got turned into her talking shyt to Caitlin.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Yeah that’s probably got something to do with it. But they could’ve latched on to Kelsey Plum. She’s from San Diego, so there’s a decent chance she’s MAGA too

Kelsey married a black man and has expressed love interests to mainly black men. They don’t want her. She from SD. Most likely a liberal 😂

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
What receipts? Also, even if true, her family is not her.

Anyway, Caitlin liked one of Biden's tweets; no Trump supporter would do that.

Bro I agree. I’m just saying CC is from a conservative state and her coach is ultra MAGA. That’s why you see those red trolls flocked to her.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I’ve never seen so many people judge how great an athlete is based on popularity, ticket sales and “eye balls”.

Not to mention “style”.

I thought it was about winning :dahell:

And not just Clark, but this entire rookie class is overrated. None of them are making a significant impact on the court. NONE of them.

You would think the media would at least try to cover the actual best players and teams now that more people are paying attention, but they’re on bullshyt.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I’ve never seen so many people judge how great an athlete is based on popularity, ticket sales and “eye balls”.

Not to mention “style”.

I thought it was about winning :dahell:

And not just Clark, but this entire rookie class is overrated. None of them are making a significant impact on the court. NONE of them.

You would think the media would at least try to cover the actual best players and teams now that more people are paying attention, but they’re on bullshyt.

That's the biggest problem with all this attention they're finally getting. None of it is really about the basketball being played on the court. It's all the drama and bickering getting the real coverage.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yawn

nikkas talkin bout them gettin cooked by vets or hazed by their teammates clearly isn’t the same as CC is experiencing

Show me a video of rookie Sam Howell gettin bullied by opponents for being a rookie, did Zion go thru this? What about John Wall?

WHAT IS CAITLIN EXPERIENCING?

ONE WEAK ASS SHOVE
THAT SHE SOLD
WHILE ANGEL WAS SNATCHED
DOWN BY HER FACE IN MID AIR?

:devil:
:evil:

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
She should've taken Cubes offer. I haven't watched a minute of the WNBA and won't, but She could've made money with a black owned buisness, whilst creating something all on her own. Let those women sink or swim on their own.
Yep, and if one of those washed NBA vets fouled her hard, The Shade Room, Baller Alert, Hollywood Unlocked and the rest of those messy sites would have stood with her, writing think pieces bashing black men :mjlol:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s not totally wrong. But expecting the Don of the UConn Mafia to be objective on this is naive.

CC has become a major grievance issue for a lot of people. I think one side has become more wrong and more outrageous than the other - editorial boards and politicians weighing in is as warped as it is stupid. But everyone is working an agenda. I can’t believe what people waste faux-political and social capital on.