Geno Auriemma calls Caitlyn Clark fans "delusional"

2legit

Superstar
Daps
I knew people were gonna act stupid with Caitlin, but this is WAY better than I expected.

giphy.gif
Being an irrational Caitlyn Clark stan is a litmus test that tells me they don't know shyt about Women's Basketball or Basketball in general. Avoid Basketball conversations with Casuals.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the reason why the Men's team didn't do that in 2008 is because they got their lunch handed to them by a bunch of Puerto Ricans and Argentinians in 2004 so instead of getting the 12 best, they took guys that would do their jobs, be fine with not playing if need be and fill needs (and revamp the process to where you had to commit for multiple years). It's why Keldon Johnson has a gold medal.

If Caitlin Clark was the Keldon Johnson of the women's team, the media/stans would lose it, so all that "why can't they just put her on the team" talk is bullshyt. They not only want her on the team, they want her treated as if she's the best player in the world, because the attention she woulda received woulda been equivalent to that.
this.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Being an irrational Caitlyn Clark stan is a litmus test that tells me they don't know shyt about Women's Basketball or Basketball in general. Avoid Basketball conversations with Casuals.

I call it equal opportunity. :troll:

Men's hoops fukkery has now infiltrated the women's game and some don't like it. But it's all good when it was nikkaz. Now that its women, people wanna change the rules.

NOPE.

CHAOS!!!

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Caitlin gonna have to start performing in a manner that warrants all of this discussion. Right now she looking like an ordinary ass player and all of this talk of the Olympics and what she means to the game as a whole feels premature because she doesn't look transcendent. I can tell most of these pundits don't watch the game because they're busy spinning narratives instead of talking about her underperforming as a rookie (yeah I know she on a sorry ass team)

If she was playing at a high level, this discussion of her deserving to be on Team USA would at least have merit. But this idea that someone is gonna tune in to watch her pasty ass sit on the bench is hilarious when we all know NBC is gonna have swimming and track & field on when it matters. If anything, having her sit on the bench would probably hurt her brand more than anything because people would realize she's not at that level yet.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
I call it equal opportunity. :troll:

Men's hoops fukkery has now infiltrated the women's game and some don't like it. But it's all good when it was nikkaz. Now that its women, people wanna change the rules.

NOPE.

CHAOS!!!
There’s that running joke that NBA fans don’t even like watching basketball, just there for gossip and fukkery. Now that has infiltrated to the WNBA with everyone trying to get traction to their social media pages with the hot takes.

They wanted attention that the men get, but didn’t realize all the dumb shyt that comes with it :mjgrin:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caitlin gonna have to start performing in a manner that warrants all of this discussion. Right now she looking like an and all of this talk of the Olympics and what she means to the game as a whole feels premature because she doesn't look transcendent. I can tell most of these pundits don't watch the game because they're busy spinning narratives instead of talking about her underperforming as a rookie (yeah I know she on a sorry ass team)

If she was playing at a high level, this discussion of her deserving to be on Team USA would at least have merit. But this idea that someone is gonna tune in to watch her pasty ass sit on the bench is hilarious when we all know NBC is gonna have swimming and track & field on when it matters. If anything, having her sit on the bench would probably hurt her brand more than anything because people would realize she's not at that level yet.

be a ordinary ass player and get guarded like prime Steph curry:russ:

underperforming as a rookie? = being on pace to win rookie of the year and basically playing at a borderline all star level:francis:

GPLDsuZXEAAcKMH

the coli home of dumb, ignorant and ill informed

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

underperforming as a rookie? = being on pace to win rookie of the year and basically playing at a borderline all star level:francis:

GPLDsuZXEAAcKMH

Yeah you're one of the smart dumb nikkas I was referring to that's not watching the games. But because you want to quote stats:

She's averaging 16 PPG, shooting 37% from the field. She's under 5 FGs made per game. I don't know what planet you're on, but any "hyped" prospect that comes in the league and shoots that terrible (and is supposed to be a great shooter) is underperforming.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

GPLDsuZXEAAcKMH

you don't know shyt

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yeah you're one of the smart dumb nikkas I was referring to that's not watching the games. But because you want to quote stats:

She's averaging 16 PPG, shooting 37% from the field. She's under 5 FGs made per game. I don't know what planet you're on, but any "hyped" prospect that comes in the league and shoots that terrible (and is supposed to be a great shooter) is underperforming.
Who would you rather have on the Olympic team Clark or Gray?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Where do they think women played before the WNBA. They literally had no choice but to play overseas :russ:

The 1996 Olympic team all played overseas. There was no WNBA.

And they dominated.

So imagine the US having the best women basketball players in the world, all spread out in different countries, then join up for the Olympics and dominate….

But they don’t even have a professional basketball league in their own country.

Ya know you done fukked up, right?

Don't cha?

Don't cha know you fukked up right now?

There WAS a women's pro league created before The NBA. And 5 of the players from that Olympic team played for it.
It was a pretty good product, too (considering).
Now why was that? Because (to your point), that was the year the Olympics was actually in The U.S., so they dominated
in front of their own nation. Then we actually knew who the players were, especially since a couple of them where on a college squad who just
had a perfect season. They played games on BET. In other words - somebody had the thought to capitalize on these "stars" while they were getting attention. And this Caitlin Clark situation is literally a chance to do that exact same thing again.

The WNBA's dirty little secret all this time is that mostly exists out of spite to crush the other league that was better than it has been.
They don't even have the sense to try to expand to cities where the other league had success. There are only 3 teams in cities the other league
teams - and one isn't the city that won all the other leagues' championships.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

GPLDsuZXEAAcKMH

:dead:

The chaos continues :mjlit:

Daps
Ya know you done fukked up, right?

Don't cha?

Don't cha know you fukked up right now?

There WAS a women's pro league created before The NBA. And 5 of the players from that Olympic team played for it.
It was a pretty good product, too (considering).
Now why was that? Because (to your point), that was the year the Olympics was actually in The U.S., so they dominated
in front of their own nation. Then we actually knew who the players were, especially since a couple of them where on a college squad who just
had a perfect season. They played games on BET. In other words - somebody had the thought to capitalize on these "stars" while they were getting attention. And this Caitlin Clark situation is literally a chance to do that exact same thing again.

The WNBA's dirty little secret all this time is that mostly exists out of spite to crush the other league that was better than it has been.
They don't even have the sense to try to expand to cities where the other league had success. There are only 3 teams in cities the other league
teams - and one isn't the city that won all the other leagues' championships.

ABL reference. Gonna hit you with dap/rep.

The NBA wanted to crush any other form of basketball outside their own system but got a late start because they wanted to market heavy first. ABL had better pay and played during the winter.

Once the ABL was crushed (bigger TV contract by essentially forcing NBC to air it, Stern basically forcing owners to take equity in the league, and the forced draft rights) the WNBA became an albatross and they allowed owners to pass off the teams. It’s been much better since the teams don’t have to be connected to a NBA franchise, but they should have done that pre-initial expansion.