Geno Auriemma calls Caitlyn Clark fans "delusional"

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
the reason why the Men's team didn't do that in 2008 is because they got their lunch handed to them by a bunch of Puerto Ricans and Argentinians in 2004 so instead of getting the 12 best, they took guys that would do their jobs, be fine with not playing if need be and fill needs (and revamp the process to where you had to commit for multiple years). It's why Keldon Johnson has a gold medal.

If Caitlin Clark was the Keldon Johnson of the women's team, the media/stans would lose it, so all that "why can't they just put her on the team" talk is bullshyt. They not only want her on the team, they want her treated as if she's the best player in the world, because the attention she woulda received woulda been equivalent to that.

The gap between the US women and the rest of the world is much greater than the US men and the rest of the world. They don't need Kobe.

They could have carried Caitlin or other younger players instead of bitter, never sold a ticket, old ass Diana Taurasi.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The gap between the US women and the rest of the world is much greater than the US men and the rest of the world. They don't need Kobe.

They could have carried Caitlin or other younger players instead of bitter, never sold a ticket, old ass Diana Taurasi.
I can almost see your point if Taurasi was gonna play significant minutes but this time around she’s basically just 12th woman.

If Taurasi only played in garbage time, nobody would stress out. If Clark only played in garbage time, the casuals would be furious, so in reality, Taurasi’s spot and role ain’t the one fans should be targeting because that’s not the role her fans want.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ya know you done fukked up, right?

Don't cha?

Don't cha know you fukked up right now?

There WAS a women's pro league created before The NBA. And 5 of the players from that Olympic team played for it.
It was a pretty good product, too (considering).
Now why was that? Because (to your point), that was the year the Olympics was actually in The U.S., so they dominated
in front of their own nation. Then we actually knew who the players were, especially since a couple of them where on a college squad who just
had a perfect season. They played games on BET. In other words - somebody had the thought to capitalize on these "stars" while they were getting attention. And this Caitlin Clark situation is literally a chance to do that exact same thing again.

The WNBA's dirty little secret all this time is that mostly exists out of spite to crush the other league that was better than it has been.
They don't even have the sense to try to expand to cities where the other league had success. There are only 3 teams in cities the other league
teams - and one isn't the city that won all the other leagues' championships.

ABL obviously.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I can almost see your point if Taurasi was gonna play significant minutes but this time around she’s basically just 12th woman.

If Taurasi only played in garbage time, nobody would stress out. If Clark only played in garbage time, the casuals would be furious, so in reality, Taurasi’s spot and role ain’t the one fans should be targeting because that’s not the role her fans want.
Were the casuals furious when Laetner got 0 burn in '92?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Were the casuals furious when Laetner got 0 burn in '92?
why are we comparing this team to the 1992 Dream Team?

and while I was alive, I can't remember media coverage in 92. I'd safely say that there was controversy in Laettner getting in over Shaq (and obviously Isiah Thomas not making it at all) but nobody died as a result. Fans were too busy marveling at the best players in the world to wonder who Laettner should get burn over.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
why are we comparing this team to the 1992 Dream Team?

and while I was alive, I can't remember media coverage in 92. I'd safely say that there was controversy in Laettner getting in over Shaq (and obviously Isiah Thomas not making it at all) but nobody died as a result. Fans were too busy marveling at the best players in the world to wonder who Laettner should get burn over.
Newsflash, no one would of gave a fukk if Caitlin got burn or not as long as the team is winning

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Newsflash, no one would of gave a fukk if Caitlin got burn or not as long as the team is winning
that's a lie. There's true blood "patriots" who will celebrate if the US team loses just cuz they left her off the team.

That's like saying people woulda been fine if Colin Kaepernick was just on a practice squad.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
that's a lie. There's true blood "patriots" who will celebrate if the US team loses just cuz they left her off the team.

That's like saying people woulda been fine if Colin Kaepernick was just on a practice squad.
Breh, at the end of the day, who gives a shyt? True Blood Patriots equals millions of more viewers for the Womens game....if growing the game is a priority then that should be the only concern...your hypothetical is some p*ssy ass shyt smh

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
With more casuals watching just to get a glimpse of her on the bench/garbage time it does
then put Taylor Swift on the team and 10 bad bytches as well. Clark is a basketball player, not a titty we hope pops out in public.

Eyeballs right?

The Olympics don't give a fukk. They wanna win gold medals. In a 4 years, Caitlin Clark will headline the entire Olympic games in her prime. Everything everyone wants will eventually come in due time.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
then put Taylor Swift on the team and 10 bad bytches as well. Clark is a basketball player, not a titty we hope pops out in public.

Eyeballs right?

The Olympics don't give a fukk. They wanna win gold medals. In a 4 years, Caitlin Clark will headline the entire Olympic games in her prime. Everything everyone wants will eventually come in due time.
Are you saying they wouldnt win Gold Medals with Clark on the Team this year?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Are you saying they wouldnt win Gold Medals with Clark on the Team this year?
I'm saying them winning would be secondary to how she was used. She's a very good player who gets the kind of attention typically reserved for the best players. When you have that unique situation, fans will want to see her used the way the best players are and she ain't that yet.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I'm saying them winning would be secondary to how she was used. She's a very good player who gets the kind of attention typically reserved for the best players. When you have that unique situation, fans will want to see her used the way the best players are and she ain't that yet.
Womens basketball in general is already secondary, especially in the Olympics