Geno Auriemma calls Caitlyn Clark fans "delusional"

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
But it would be dope if Brink, Reese, CC and all of them played since they are the hottest thing on the block. But unfortunately and understandably it’s not a popularity contest, and I won’t be watching :manny:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Years ago i remember when Maya Moore was the best thing smoking. If im not mistaken the Minnesota Lynx played Indiana in The Finals. Maya played extremely well hitting the go ahead shot on the road. Cold shyt. Went to ESPN’s comments to check the temperature…

It was like 13 comments

Caitlyn Clark has done what no other WNBA player, black or white, has been able to do.

Make grown ass men have a strong opinion on her one way or another… just like they would with men

Very few people have the juice in life

Her becoming a better player will only intensify this shyt :yeshrug:
Maya Moore is black. Caitlin Clark is the “great white hope” so everything she accomplished in college made white people gravitate towards her because it was their chance to dominate a sport again. When Angel Reese dared to do the hand wave towards her, it energized them even more.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Years ago i remember when Maya Moore was the best thing smoking. If im not mistaken the Minnesota Lynx played Indiana in The Finals. Maya played extremely well hitting the go ahead shot on the road. Cold shyt. Went to ESPN’s comments to check the temperature…

It was like 13 comments

Caitlyn Clark has done what no other WNBA player, black or white, has been able to do.

Make grown ass men have a strong opinion on her one way or another… just like they would with men

Very few people have the juice in life

Her becoming a better player will only intensify this shyt :yeshrug:

Y'all gotta stop doing this.

You're giving her credit for something she isn't doing.

And when u take a second to understand what's really fueling it. That's when u see how dumb it is

Daps
Y'all gotta stop doing this.

You're giving her credit for something she isn't doing.

You’re trying to get into the weeds regarding some shyt that isn’t relevant.

You don’t think she’s good? Fine
Maybe I don’t think she’s all that great either…

But that has nothing to do with people fukking with her. People fill up the Arena not to see long 3s…They come to see HER shoot long 3s

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

But that has nothing to do with people fukking with her. People fill up the Arena not to see long 3s…They come to see HER shoot long 3s

'Not seeing forest for the trees' is the appropriate idiom for this discussion.

mag357

Superstar
Daps

U have to get into the weeds or we are gonna be saying dumb sh*t.

Yes... Why do they specifically want to see HER shoot long dumb ass 3s.

Daps
Maya Moore is black. Caitlin Clark is the “great white hope” so everything she accomplished in college made white people gravitate towards her because it was their chance to dominate a sport again. When Angel Reese dared to do the hand wave towards her, it energized them even more.

I could’ve used Sue Bird as an example and it still would’ve applied :wow:

Daps
These women aren’t serious about really growing. They don’t even see that Stephen A and Shannon are giving these wnba reporters the biggest sports platforms to speak thier minds. These shows have always been about devils advocacy so why the which hunt because they have a different opinion.

IMG-1294.jpg

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These women aren’t serious about really growing. They don’t even see that Stephen A and Shannon are giving these wnba reporters the biggest sports platforms to speak thier minds. These shows have always been about devils advocacy so why the which hunt because they have a different opinion.

IMG-1294.jpg
It’s not an honest difference of opinion tho.

Like I said before all that growth comes with a price. WNBA needs to steer far away from the type of crowd/topics these platforms are pushing. The Mens side is already garbage enough media wise & it’s not sustainable.

How many shows has Stephen A & them spent discussing the on court product? That’s how you grow the game & get more girls genuinely into the sport. All this Zeus-esque drama is dumb

Daps
It’s not an honest difference of opinion tho.

Like I said before all that growth comes with a price. WNBA needs to steer far away from the type of crowd/topics these platforms are pushing. The Mens side is already garbage enough media wise & it’s not sustainable.

How many shows has Stephen A & them spent discussing the on court product? That’s how you grow the game & get more girls genuinely into the sport. All this Zeus-esque drama is dumb

I see both sides but the way the they’re killing Shannon isn’t fair at all, it’s so many comments like the one above on social media today. They’re forgetting that first take is Stephen A show, it’s somewhat scripted and only so much push back you can give. That’s why Shannon bought her and Monica Mcnutt on his podcast so they can get to they statements off without interruption.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see both sides but the way the they’re killing Shannon isn’t fair at all, it’s so many comments like the one above on social media today. They’re forgetting that first take is Stephen A show, it’s somewhat scripted and only so much push back you can give. That’s why Shannon bought her and Monica Mcnutt on his podcast so they can get to they statements off without interruption.
Shannon comments on Clark vs Richardson prove you wrong tho. Shameful & any integrity he had is long gone

Daps
Shannon comments on Clark vs Richardson prove you wrong tho. Shameful & any integrity he had is long gone

Two completely different situations and just proves the dishonesty when discussing sports. Everyone is rooting for Shacarri now as she has seemed to have redeemed herself. But there was her nasty attitude, the rude tweets, her belittling her teammates with the “miss me now” tweets, and it was a lot more than that. Her talking down on legends actually showing her love (Allyson Felix), all of it. There was a legit reason why she was rubbing sports heads the wrong way.

People even bringing Shacarri up shows why sports discussions are trash and why there can never be any nuanced dialogue.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two completely different situations and just proves the dishonesty when discussing sports. Everyone is rooting for Shacarri now as she has seemed to have redeemed herself. But there was her nasty attitude, the rude tweets, her belittling her teammates with the “miss me now” tweets, and it was a lot more than that. Her talking down on legends actually showing her love (Allyson Felix), all of it. There was a legit reason why she was rubbing sports heads the wrong way.

People even bringing Shacarri up shows why sports discussions are trash and why there can never be any nuanced dialogue.
What does any of this have to do with Shannon comments on why one should make the team & not the other lol

If it’s all about growing the sport both should have made it based on his logic. No?

premier58

All Star
Daps
She's just not one of the 12 best right now. It's okay. She's an elite shooter, but also a defensive liability. She doesn't have a better case than any of the 12 going to Paris.

You can make the argument that Team USA women's basketball is the toughest national team to make in any sport, male or female.
12 best is bullshyt. Was Tayshaun Prince a top 12 player when he was on the Olympic Team? What about Carlos Boozer?