General Trump Administration F**kery Thread

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Full text: Donald Trump's speech on fighting terrorism

And what appointments? The only NatSec or DoD position he's filled has been Michael Flynn, who has consistently lambasted recent interventions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-libya.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/politics/michael-flynn-general-trump-vp-option/

This is the new CIA Director yesterday.

Here is Flynn in 2015 on record saying the best way to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons is regime change (specific quote is on page 6 of testimony)

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/FA/FA13/20150610/103582/HHRG-114-FA13-Wstate-FlynnM-20150610.pdf

Sessions was also anti-Iran deal.

Flynn lambasted Obama policy, he is not anti intervention. How can a guy who advocates regime change in Iran be considered an isolationist?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
does anyone here think that bringing up the shooting in orlando was a bit disingenuous? die he represent a radical islam threat or did he represent a crazy muthafukker with a gun threat. shyt like this makes me nervous. as with the left, it always feels like there's an agenda.

i don't recall him having any link to ISIS or any other organized group, although i welcome you to provide links if i am wrong.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, it was coherent for a political speech to me. But if all you got out of it was that he "Greatly misrepresented current ME situation, proposed he will start something thats already being done, and proposed closer co-operation with Russia ( which contradicted his message on Iran)." then I don't think we're operating on the same level here.

And again, who are these bunch of interventionist hawks Trump has appointed to key positions? Name them.

Read the Flynn testimony I linked. He literally said regime change is best course of action towards dealing with Iran's nulear capability.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
watching that speech now. why is he still trying to convince everyone that obama was a bad president? you won! he's leaving! this is not the time to be campaigning!

also i lost count on how many times he said the words radical islamic terrorism. we get it donald, but you have to try and unite the people now too. this is your chance to make muslims who AREN'T a threat feel welcome.

edit: yo i'm high as fukk i thought this video was from today

:dead::heh:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
This is the new CIA Director yesterday.

Here is Flynn in 2015 on record saying the best way to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons is regime change (specific quote is on page 6 of testimony)

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/FA/FA13/20150610/103582/HHRG-114-FA13-Wstate-FlynnM-20150610.pdf

Sessions was also anti-Iran deal.

Flynn lambasted Obama policy, he is not anti intervention. How can a guy who advocates regime change in Iran be considered an isolationist?

Read the Flynn testimony I linked. He literally said regime change is best course of action towards dealing with Iran's nulear capability.
Yes, I have acknowledged the Trump team's ugly stance towards Iran. But I don't believe Iran is the only geopolitical issue on which we can judge America's foreign policy. Also, their closeness with Russia should temper those impulses.

Flynn lambasted the Obama policy because it is too interventionist. I'm not gung-ho on Flynn by any measure, but I am intrigued by his stances towards Saudi Arabia, Russia, and NATO, and I like the fact he has strongly acknowledged the mistakes of the Bush/Obama interventions. Listen, the geopolitical landscape is in a state of flux right now, so no candidate is going to come down on every intersection the way I like. But as a guiding principle, learning from the mistakes of the recent past is a good start. But hey, maybe Trump will invade Iran. If he does, you can have all of my coli cash.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I have acknowledged the Trump team's ugly stance towards Iran. But I don't believe Iran is the only geopolitical issue on which we can judge America's foreign policy. Also, their closeness with Russia should temper those impulses.

Flynn lambasted the Obama policy because it is too interventionist. I'm not gung-ho on Flynn by any measure, but I am intrigued by his stances towards Saudi Arabia, Russia, and NATO, and I like the fact he has strongly acknowledged the mistakes of the Bush/Obama interventions. Listen, the geopolitical landscape is in a state of flux right now, so no candidate is going to come down on every intersection the way I like. But as a guiding principle, learning from the mistakes of the recent past is a good start. But hey, maybe Trump will invade Iran. If he does, you can have all of my coli cash.

Flynn's disagreement with Obama is not about intervention, its about his belief Obama intervened to support the wrong actors in the Middle East. That's all it boils down too. If his disagreement was about intervention as principle, he wouldnt be advocating regime change as an alternative to the Iran deal.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why congratulate me, Bibi Jr.? Should be a boon for Israeli settler colonialism in Palestine. Congrats to you.

This is what you wanted! This is what you supported the last two years! Are you enjoying the "fukkery" now?

Give yourself a pat on the back.

:umad:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Flynn's disagreement with Obama is not about intervention, its about his belief Obama intervened to support the wrong actors in the Middle East. That's all it boils down too. If his disagreement was about intervention as principle, he wouldnt be advocating regime change as an alternative to the Iran deal.
Iran is an ideological blindspot for most of these individuals because they came up in the 1970s and 1980s in which Iran was this outsized supervillain. So if your only evidence of Flynn's alleged interventionist streak is him saying some reckless bullshyt about Iran (which shouldn't be overlooked because it's legitimately concerning), then I don't think you have a very strong case, especially when his analysis of all the recent interventions has come down on the side of non-interventionism, and for the correct reasons, namely the chaos brought about by trying to predict and inform the political destiny of these incredibly complex societies. Flynn is by no means a peacenik, but I don't see him advocating the Bush/Hillary/Obama/Powers method of interventionism. The most likely way anti-Iran military action is taken is through Saudi or Israeli lobbying. Flynn has been critical of the former but genial to the latter. I don't like his stance on Iran at all, but when analyzed in context with his other statements and stances, especially towards Russia, I believe there will be mitigating factors preventing an invasion of Iran.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iran is an ideological blindspot for most of these individuals because they came up in the 1970s and 1980s in which Iran was this outsized supervillain. So if your only evidence of Flynn's alleged interventionist streak is him saying some reckless bullshyt about Iran (which shouldn't be overlooked because it's legitimately concerning), then I don't think you have a very strong case, especially when his analysis of all the recent interventions has come down on the side of non-interventionism, and for the correct reasons, namely the chaos brought about by trying to predict and inform the political destiny of these incredibly complex societies. Flynn is by no means a peacenik, but I don't see him advocating the Bush/Hillary/Obama/Powers method of interventionism. The most likely way anti-Iran military action is taken is through Saudi or Israeli lobbying. Flynn has been critical of the former but genial to the latter. I don't like his stance on Iran at all, but when analyzed in context with his other statements and stances, especially towards Russia, I believe there will be mitigating factors preventing an invasion of Iran.
By US terms Obama took anti-interventionist posture. He resisted pressure within his own party and from FP establishment to commit to full-scale intervention in Syria. He resisted their opposition to Iran deal. Same for Cuba. If your main dispute is intervention Im amazed that you believe a dude who's appointed guys strongly opposed to strongest example of more diplomatic approach to FP in recent admin history.