☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Iran is an ideological blindspot for most of these individuals because they came up in the 1970s and 1980s in which Iran was this outsized supervillain. So if your only evidence of Flynn's alleged interventionist streak is him saying some reckless bullshyt about Iran (which shouldn't be overlooked because it's legitimately concerning), then I don't think you have a very strong case, especially when his analysis of all the recent interventions has come down on the side of non-interventionism, and for the correct reasons, namely the chaos brought about by trying to predict and inform the political destiny of these incredibly complex societies. Flynn is by no means a peacenik, but I don't see him advocating the Bush/Hillary/Obama/Powers method of interventionism. The most likely way anti-Iran military action is taken is through Saudi or Israeli lobbying. Flynn has been critical of the former but genial to the latter. I don't like his stance on Iran at all, but when analyzed in context with his other statements and stances, especially towards Russia, I believe there will be mitigating factors preventing an invasion of Iran.
Don't be fooled. Iran has been a very bad actor, even in the last like 4-5 years.

I don't support Bolton's comments, but don't ignore what Iran has done. They're a terrible regime.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
By US terms Obama took anti-interventionist posture. He resisted pressure within his own party and from FP establishment to commit to full-scale intervention in Syria. He resisted their opposition to Iran deal. Same for Cuba. If your main dispute is intervention Im amazed that you believe a dude who's appointed guys strongly opposed to strongest example of more diplomatic approach to FP in recent admin history.
This is why I believe Obama the man has to be separated from the Obama administration. Privately he held reservations, but much of the actions taken by his administration were interventionist, hence him admitting to making many mistakes. He resisted pressures to enforce that Syrian red line, but he "capitulated" on supporting Syrian rebels, bombing Gaddafi's forces in Libya and drone strikes in Yemen. I don't believe his administration represented any meaningful break from US foreign policy orthodoxy. I do think the Iran deal (along with Cuba to a lesser degree) were good steps to promoting diplomacy over America's traditional hegemonic, militaristic stance. But I don't believe the Iran Deal outranks Syria, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan when it comes to applications of interventionist philosophy.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Don't be fooled. Iran has been a very bad actor, even in the last like 4-5 years.

I don't support Bolton's comments, but don't ignore what Iran has done. They're a terrible regime.
:whoa: Let them live breh, I got Persian women on deck, chill.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why I believe Obama the man has to be separated from the Obama administration. Privately he held reservations, but much of the actions taken by his administration were interventionist, hence him admitting to making many mistakes. He resisted pressures to enforce that Syrian red line, but he "capitulated" on supporting Syrian rebels, bombing Gaddafi's forces in Libya and drone strikes in Yemen. I don't believe his administration represented any meaningful break from US foreign policy orthodoxy. I do think the Iran deal (along with Cuba to a lesser degree) were good steps to promoting diplomacy over America's traditional hegemonic, militaristic stance. But I don't believe the Iran Deal outranks Syria, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan when it comes to applications of interventionist philosophy.

You can disagree whether Obamas approach was meaningful break or not, but your view doesn't lend support to idea Trump would represent a departure. If you take him on his word on "crushing ISIS" and increasing cooperation what do you think that will entail? The Iraq experience should also remind you how easily that ISIS definition can be repurposed to mean state we don't like .

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Woodson says he's being considered for HUD position
By BIANCA PADRÓ OCASIO

11/18/16 09:07 PM EST

Robert Woodson Sr., an adviser to House Speaker Paul Ryan on issues of poverty, says he’s being considered for a post in Donald Trump’s administration as secretary for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

“I’m not job hunting, but we’re talking about how I could possibly work with him,” the 79-year-old community leader said in an interview with The Washington Post published Friday. “We’re talking about how we could work with those across the aisle to do these things together.”

Woodson, who founded the Center for Neighborhood Enterprise in Washington, D.C., in 1981, will meet with the president-elect on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in Bedminster, N.J.

The Republican community leader has traveled with Ryan across the country, examining social programs in different cities. If appointed, Woodson, who is black, would be responsible for launching social reforms in predominantly black communities.

“They seem to be very serious about it,” Woodson added. “It’s fair to say that Paul wouldn’t mind having me there to work with them on all of this.”

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
By BIANCA PADRÓ OCASIO

11/18/16 09:07 PM EST

Robert Woodson Sr., an adviser to House Speaker Paul Ryan on issues of poverty, says he’s being considered for a post in Donald Trump’s administration as secretary for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

“I’m not job hunting, but we’re talking about how I could possibly work with him,” the 79-year-old community leader said in an interview with The Washington Post published Friday. “We’re talking about how we could work with those across the aisle to do these things together.”

Woodson, who founded the Center for Neighborhood Enterprise in Washington, D.C., in 1981, will meet with the president-elect on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in Bedminster, N.J.

The Republican community leader has traveled with Ryan across the country, examining social programs in different cities. If appointed, Woodson, who is black, would be responsible for launching social reforms in predominantly black communities.

“They seem to be very serious about it,” Woodson added. “It’s fair to say that Paul wouldn’t mind having me there to work with them on all of this.”

"See, we're not racist. Look at my African-American over there at HUD. Isn't he the greatest? We're doing big league stuff for the Blacks, I tell you, folks."

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Trump to meet with Mattis on Saturday
By JEREMY HERB
11/18/16 01:51 PM EST

President-elect Donald Trump is meeting with retired Marine Gen. Jim Mattis on Saturday, amid reports he could be a candidate for secretary of the Department of Defense.

Trump's transition team announced Friday that Mattis, the blunt-talking former U.S. Central Command chief, is one of several officials Trump plans to meet with over the weekend, including Mitt Romney, who is reported to be a potential candidate for secretary of state.

Mattis retired in 2013 amid disagreements with the Obama White House over Iran. A bloc of Republican defense hawks who opposed Trump tried to persuade Mattis to run for president as a third-party candidate, though he expressed no interest.

Bloomberg reported that both Mattis and retired Army Gen. Jack Keane were among those being considered as potential candidates for defense secretary. Keane met with Trump on Thursday. They're dark horses, however, because the law requires that retired military officers be out of uniform for seven years before they're eligible to be defense secretary.

In July at the Hoover Institution, Mattis said that Trump's comments on NATO allies paying their "fair share" were "about as kooky as [if] a president were to call our allies freeloaders."

After Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was tapped for the attorney general position this morning, the latest short-list of Defense secretary candidates also includes former Sen. Jim Talent (R-Mo.), former George W. Bush National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), according to sources close to the transition.

Trump to meet with Mattis on Saturday

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space

I live in SC, so I'm VERY familiar with Nikki Haley and let me tell you she's nothing but a conservative White Man in a skirt. She's a nightmare for this state so much that even republicans don't like her ass.

I hope Mittens get it before she does, she's THAT bad. She's the reason why I can't get low cost health insurance through Obamacare. She does nothing but refuse federal funding for working class and poor people.

I hate that b_tch. :pacspit: