General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

---

Superstar
Daps
Besides 80/20 rule being bullshyt, that model "works" with the other two companies because they're much different than Twitter.

First they relied heavily on government subsidies which helped paper over Elon's fukk ups. Second they are in very specific fields that didn't have too much competition and career options at the time. If you wanted to work on self driving or in aerospace engineering you might be willing to suffer for a few years, especially since you're waiting on your stock options as well.

Twitter employees are not going to accept that bullshyt. Elon already tried his favorite gambit to fire up employees, he announced that the company might go bankrupt and it had the opposite reaction at Twitter, people became even more disillusioned. You are forcing people working from home not just to come back to the office but also to take on additional work and extra hours :gucci: They'll rather take their 3-month severance than work 70-80 hours per week for no additional benefits.

80/20 isn't bullshyt numerous studies have been done on it.

Governments got their money paid back with interest. Which in the long run helps them cause the cost of flights at SpaceX are some of the cheaps in the world net positive.

As for the layoffs, guess you haven't been paying attention to Twitter's quarterly earnings. If you think layoffs weren't planned already for a company that was losing a ridiculous amount of money before Elon took over. People were going to get cut, no matter what. Just look around the other tech companies slashing and burning.

He has a methodology and it works for him, not sure why this makes people upset.

You guys got me defending someone I don't even care for all because you don't like the person behind the company. Twitter will be just fine, and if he takes twitter the "Wechat" way people will be jumping to work at Twitter and it will be a net positive for people!

---

Superstar
Daps
I just saw that post and read the next two pages to see if anyone addressed this. This dude @Arbitrage! Posted that shyt like it made sense :dead:

Tesla is about to get hit with a class action lawsuit over lying about that system. It is  NOT fully autonomous, they market it as such anyway, and when the system fails and kills people they backspin and just say it's in alpha/beta or people were using it wrong :mjtf:

Tesla is about to be destroyed with that class action, and let's not even get into the fact that the Cybertruck and Semi-Truck are VAPORWARWE.

That snippet you posted is a clear example of exactly why Elon Musk is going to fail and why it's specifically his fault.

What does that have to do with what I posted? I posted about his methodology and how he runs his company and what works for him. It works for SpaceX, Telsa, his Boring company, and the other Solar company. Nothing to do with his methodology.

If there is merit to the lawsuit then everyone wronged will get justice.

Again you cats got me defending this cat who I don't care about all because you cats see in your feelings.

Rarely uses the forum anymore but I will bookmark this page and see if anything is destroyed as you say in a year or so.
:ehh:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What's up breh? Didn't you say you were going to shoot me in my face till the clip was empty something like that can't remember but something to that effect.

And naw capitalism isn't dead some aspects of it don't work well and so do!

Yeah, and many others actually agree with my stance towards you.

Greed ends up in bloodshed or redistribution of wealth...by force.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

this is all supposedly based on twitter work/production environment being rotten to begin with. :rudy:

The gymnastics :lolbron:

The idiocy is believing that Musk, in the span of a few days, made some perfect determination of who the thousands of "bad" people were.

Someone in the replies said, "Cut away 90% of a perfectly good apple and you don't end up with a better apple, you end up with just an inedible core."

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
80/20 isn't bullshyt numerous studies have been done on it.

Post these numerous studies that prove that 80-20 is a general principle that can be applied in the manner Musk is acting. That's complete B.S. What you call "studies" is just retrospective data cherry-picked to fit the narrative and has nothing regarding application whatsoever. You could just easily prove astrology true by those methods.

Governments got their money paid back with interest.

Governments don't get subsidies paid back with interest. I'm not sure you know what a subsidy is.

As for the layoffs, guess you haven't been paying attention to Twitter's quarterly earnings. If you think layoffs weren't planned already for a company that was losing a ridiculous amount of money before Elon took over. People were going to get cut, no matter what. Just look around the other tech companies slashing and burning.

1st-quarter earnings this year were 4 cents per share with a net income of $513 million. Things only went to shyt the next quarter, exactly when Musk started fukking around.

And no major tech company is slashing even remotely comparable to the % of employees that Musk has done.

Guess all the brothers and sisters that have a business because of me and all the employees that are brothers and sisters that I employ in different countries wouldn't agree with that.

But again this forum isn't reality. Just angry cats not happy at something.

lol at the arrogance - that's only true under the BS assumption that all employers are creating jobs that wouldn't exist otherwise, as opposed to simply displacing other jobs or even creating a net loss of jobs (like Walmart causes the loss of 5 community jobs for every 3 jobs it creates, before you even get into the substantial job losses in the supply chain). The fact that you claim to employ people or take total credit for their businesses doesn't mean they'd be destitute without you, they might even be better off. Or, even more likely, that you haven't impoverish or disadvantaged numerous other people in the process of making your own wealth.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Elon is bringing the top level fukkery. 🙌🏽

I don't post there, but I enjoy reading tweets. Hope he cleans things up, and people keep posting there.

I don't personally care how the sausage is made.

But isn't Twitter, the business, an overpriced house of cards...being leveraged by the house of cards that is Tesla stock price?
:childplease:

Seems a bit precarious...
:lupe:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
ehh, those numbers are off, you don't have to pay out bonus or unvested RSU's, just base salary, which completely changes median/avg comp numbers (and thus severance package), but regardless, he made a whole ass mess
Acquisition agreement said benefits under Elon were to remain same for 12 months. Twitter severance include 2 months base, prorated bonus at target, and any RSUs vesting over next 3 months.

Elon is going against agreement and only offering 1 month of base, hence everyone planning to sue him

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Acquisition agreement said benefits under Elon were to remain same for 12 months. Twitter severance include 2 months base, prorated bonus at target, and any RSUs vesting over next 3 months.

Elon is going against agreement and only offering 1 month of base, hence everyone planning to sue him
Is that applicable to people taking the stay/leave “hardcore” offer? Or only for those deemed redundant at the finalization of the takeover?