General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I’m about to show up to Twitter to code. Haven’t coded shyt since college with my html/JavaScript class :mjgrin:

Black girl magic will make it all work out :blessed:

When the site goes down and Elon asks me to come back to work, i'm sure he will be impressed by my ability to shift from HR to Site Reliability and bring Twitter back online with only vlookup formulas.

I'm the savior that Twitter needs :ohlawd:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
It's not about being a fanboy if the model works with two companies why wouldn't work with a third company?

The 80/20 rule has been documented to death.

p688wjd9rxz91.jpg
Besides 80/20 rule being bullshyt, that model "works" with the other two companies because they're much different than Twitter.

First they relied heavily on government subsidies which helped paper over Elon's fukk ups. Second they are in very specific fields that didn't have too much competition and career options at the time. If you wanted to work on self driving or in aerospace engineering you might be willing to suffer for a few years, especially since you're waiting on your stock options as well.

Twitter employees are not going to accept that bullshyt. Elon already tried his favorite gambit to fire up employees, he announced that company might go bankrupt and it had a completely opposite reaction at Twitter, people became even more disillusioned. You are forcing people working from home not just to come back to the office but also to take on additional work and extra hours :gucci: They'll rather take their 3 month severance than work 70-80 hours per week for no additional benefits.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Solely because it is insanely easy to cherry pick / manipulate data to fit it. There's never once been any study showing it is objectively accurate as a general principle, it's just something people say and it's easy to "prove" if you only look at the times it's true and/or play with figures until you get it.

Other than vaguely saying "some employees are more productive than other employees", there's literally nothing you can know regarding whether the 80-20 principle applies to Twitter employees or whether firing any particular # of employees would be productive.
It's "death comes in threes" of management

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It's "death comes in threes" of management

It's everywhere now. Jordan Peterson quoted it to claim that wealth inequality was natural and we shouldn't fight it. He also uses it to defend supposed "meritocracy".

Strangely, he quotes the exact same dynamic to explain the incels in his fan base (80% of women are going after 20% of guys).... but thinks that issue needs to be fought aggressively even to the point of enforced monogamy to even out the distribution.

It's almost as if it's a completely amorphous principle that its users selectively apply however they want.

Last edited:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS

Entire thread:

This is a train wreck. He closed the offices yesterday...now he's reversing course but only for those "who write code but they also must send a screenshot of their best work" lol.

The article also says that he's telling anyone not in SF to fly there today. Email was sent at 9am and the meetings begin at 2pm.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
This is a train wreck. He closed the offices yesterday...now he's reversing course but only for those "who write code but they also must send a screenshot of their best work" lol.

The article also says that he's telling anyone not in SF to fly there today. Email was sent at 9am and the meetings begin at 2pm.

:ahh: Hit Elon up with a link that sends him to a Shenzhen shopsite to order 600 pairs of Roy Bahns.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Elon stans really ascribe to the idea that no one at Twitter was actually doing anything and that Elon will remake it into a "real" company. Apparently they're all master SDE's and have figured out that Twitter only needs 500 people to run the platform.

Everything that is going wrong is actually a good thing.

Its a level of cope and stanning I haven't seen since 2017 Trump.