General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

bnew

Veteran
Daps
On another note, I paid $1 to use RelayPro this month so that when I click on Reddit links in my RSS feed on my tablet, it will auto-launch within the 3rd party app. With that said, I know that this a portion of my $1 goes to Reddit which I don't want to fund, even with such a small amount so I'm looking to for alternatives that don't split $$$ w/ Reddit.

If anyone has any ideas on a clean app/PWA that I can use to open Reddit links, let me know.

you can run 3rd party reddit clients using your own API key but i would suggest you create a throwaway reddit account for the API key with any app.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Oct 2, 2023 8:44am PT

Paris Hilton Inks Content and Commerce Deal With Elon Musk’s X/Twitter, Will Host Videos Featuring Live Shopping​

By Todd Spangler

Plus Icon
Paris Hilton

Courtesy of 11:11 Media

Paris Hilton is getting her X on.

The influencer and entrepreneur — who has 16.6 million followers on X, formerly known as Twitter — announced a deal with the social platform owned by Elon Musk for an array of content and commerce initiatives.

Under the deal between X and Hilton and her 11:11 Media company, she and X will work together to create four original video content programs per year that include live-shopping features. Hilton will also serve as a launch partner for new X consumer products, services and feature releases, according to the companies.

The deal includes a revenue-sharing agreement between X and 11:11 Media. A spokesman for X said that “we’ve created a financial arrangement that is attractive to both parties.”

“I’m excited to announce an official partnership with X today,” Hilton, chairwoman and CEO of 11:11, said in an audio post on the service. “Together, we’re going to be exploring new ways to connect with all of you across video, live video, live shopping and even Spaces. And we’re just getting started. Loves it.”

The commercial areas of focus for the partnership will encompass live shopping, music and video (tied to “peak conversation periods” and “Paris’ content priorities” such as “Halloween, music, motherhood and cooking.”

X’s Live Shopping product lets users watch, chat and shop all in the same window. While watching a livestream with Hilton on X, users will be able to browse through a catalog of products and then click through to the site to make a purchase via the service’s in-app browser.

In addition, X said it will work to secure brand sponsorship to support each of Hilton’s activations, including each of the live-shopping content programs.
Linda Yaccarino, CEO of X, posted, “The queen of pop culture, music, business, and TV is #Sliving on X. @ParisHilton welcome to the @X family, we’re excited to launch an official partnership with you and your next-gen media company 11:11. Together we will create a launchpad for new initiatives in video and live video, live commerce, Spaces, and more. Let’s do this!”

Daps
i think i hate Elon more than Trump. at the very least... at the very fukkin least, Trump actually went out and got the dumbest and most racist motherfukkers in the country to actually vote for him. This dikkhead is trying to ruin shyt with his own money. no one has appointed him, he's just deciding to be an infinitely less cool Lex Luthor or something.
Except Lex is actually a genius and this mother fukker is a dumbass I wouldn’t trust to run kiosk at the mall

bnew

Veteran
Daps

X Social Media is suing X, a social media company​

/

An ad agency called X Social Media alleges that the company formerly known as Twitter has caused marketplace confusion and lost revenue.​

By Wes Davis, a weekend editor who covers the latest in tech and entertainment. He has written news, reviews, and more as a tech journalist since 2020.

Oct 2, 2023, 6:11 PM EDT

An image showing the X logo

Illustration: The Verge

It was bound to happen eventually: a company has filed a lawsuit in federal court against Elon Musk’s X Corp. over its renaming of Twitter (via Reuters). The company in question is X Social Media LLC, an ad agency from Florida that alleges X Corp. is guilty of violating Florida common law because of “unfair competition and trademark and service mark infringement,” as well as the state’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.

X Social Media (hereafter referred to as XSM to make this article easier to write) writes in the complaint that it has used its registered trademark, “X SOCIALMEDIA,” continuously since 2016. XSM claims it has “already suffered loss in revenue that correlates with X Corp.’s rebrand and use of the mark ‘X.’”

Related​

It’s unclear how strong X Social Media’s case will ultimately be. Law professor Alexandra Roberts told The Verge earlier this year that the “crowded field” of “X” trademarks could make it hard for any individual X-branded service to enforce a claim against another — whether that’s Musk’s X or a company like X Social Media.

Daps
All that going on and now his ex is suing over their 3 kids? How did I not know that he has had 3 kids with Grimes since they had their first one in 2020?
Bizarre. Doesn't he have a kid with a random side chick from another company?

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
All that going on and now his ex is suing over their 3 kids? How did I not know that he has had 3 kids with Grimes since they had their first one in 2020?
She was just defending him the other day. Bozos all around

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Musk has 19yo twins and 17yo triplets with his first wife (via IVF). One of the twins has come out as transgender and changed her last name to signify rejecting him as a father. Musk divorced that wife 15 years ago when the twins were 4 and the triplets were 2. Their first child had died of SIDS at 10 weeks.

Then he married his second wife, but they didn't have kids.

Then he got together with Grimes and had a son, who is now 3. Last year he had a daughter with her via surrogate, and then more recently a third kid with her and no one knows where that one came from.

Last year he also had twins with the Neuralink director of operations, which is his own company, so she's one of his employees.

So he's had 11 kids with 3 women by my count.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Musk has 19yo twins and 17yo triplets with his first wife (via IVF). One of the twins has come out as transgender and changed her last name to signify rejecting him as a father. Musk divorced that wife 15 years ago when the twins were 4 and the triplets were 2. Their first child had died of SIDS at 10 weeks.

Then he married his second wife, but they didn't have kids.

Then he got together with Grimes and had a son, who is now 3. Last year he had a daughter with her via surrogate, and then more recently a third kid with her and no one knows where that one came from.

Last year he also had twins with the Neuralink director of operations, which is his own company, so she's one of his employees.

So he's had 11 kids with 3 women by my count.

Grimes and Musk welcomed their first child, a son that they named X Æ A-Xii, back in May 2020. The on-again, off-again couple would then go on to welcome a daughter, Exa Dark Sideræl, whom they call Y, via surrogate in December 2021. However, it wasn't until Isaacson's book hit shelves that the public learned about their third child, a son named Techno Mechanicus. They call him Tau for short. Neither Grimes nor Musk have shared exactly when Tau was born.

:dead: