General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

More than 50 Tesla workers, two Boring Company staff, and one Neuralink employee have been tapped to review code at the social media platform, with current Twitter employees telling CNBC that, to complete Musk's review deadlines, they are pulling 12-hour shifts, seven days a week with no communication surrounding their compensation or job security.

One Tesla employee who was not participating in the Twitter code review told The Washington Post the company's engineers would struggle to accurately assess existing code on the social platform, which runs using large-scale distributed systems that are outside their specialty.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
he's got a plan, reviving the app that was hot for 6 months before IG ended their chapter :wow:

Actually Twitter just stopped caring about Vine, they left their own product to rot. Then TikTok copied the blueprint. I am sure the CCP will probably love to hear Elon trying to cut into their market.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Actually Twitter just stopped caring about Vine, they left their own product to rot. Then TikTok copied the blueprint. I am sure the CCP will probably love to hear Elon trying to cut into their market.
nah, Vine died when Instagram rolled out 15, then 30 second video. Killed the whole 6-sec loop gimmick

Daps
I am going to say nothing new here, but I am fukking astonished that he has spent $44.8bn on something, and it appears that he has literally no idea how it worked.

The fact that most of his idiocy is being played~out on the very same thing that he wasted all of this money on is a level of irony bordering on divine.

It is mind-warpingly stupid, and I love it.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
6 months until things really start to hit the fan or less?

does anyone here remember the specifics on the financing?

Daps
6 months until things really start to hit the fan or less?

does anyone here remember the specifics on the financing?

Apparently the lead trio of banks on the financing of the LBO have struggled to syndicate it thus far - to the tune of $12bn unshifted. If so, that is a brutal slap-down.