General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Expect a company that won’t pay severance, their rent, or their cloud infrastructure vendor to pay ad revenue brehs
I was thinking this too. His track record is not great in terms of keeping his promises. He is skipping out his bill on commercial properties, severance packages and cloud computing bills at the moment. I can't grasp anyone who would willingly stake their livelihood on receiving consistent income from such an inconsistent brand/company/human.

On another note, I think people are failing to really do the math here in terms of the payouts.
  1. Based on this post by NerdNash, it appears that the payment is for 5 months (February -> June)
  2. I don't like Andrew Tate at all, but I will admit that he is likely in the top 1 percentile of Twitter engagement
  3. If his payout is also for 5 months, then as one of the most engaged posters on the site, he is averaging $4k a month which works out to $48k before taxes.
  4. The amount of money being paid out is not sustainable for most Americans with responsibilities, nor attainable for 99% of Twitter users even if they have thousands of followers.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I was thinking this too. His track record is not great in terms of keeping his promises. He is skipping out his bill on commercial properties, severance packages and cloud computing bills at the moment. I can't grasp anyone who would willingly stake their livelihood on receiving consistent income from such an inconsistent brand/company/human.

On another note, I think people are failing to really do the math here in terms of the payouts.
  1. Based on this post by NerdNash, it appears that the payment is for 5 months (February -> June)
  2. I don't like Andrew Tate at all, but I will admit that he is likely in the top 1 percentile of Twitter engagement
  3. If his payout is also for 5 months, then as one of the most engaged posters on the site, he is averaging $4k a month which works out to $48k before taxes.
  4. The amount of money being paid out is not sustainable for most Americans with responsibilities, nor attainable for 99% of Twitter users even if they have thousands of followers.

This is also Ad Revenue Sharing, so the payout would have been higher if Elon kept all of the Advertisers and not just Right-Wing shills. It makes me wonder how much of this... 'Please don't leave for Threads as this is money we are withholding for Rent' vs. Actual Ad Revenue. :russ: My brain is thinking that Elon thinks this will get people to finally sign up for Twitter Blue, fail... and then Elon asking for the money back because of a 'Accounting Error'.

that guy

Superstar
Daps

All of this is in addition to the fact that twitter isn’t profitable. How do you share the revenue of an unprofitable company :skip:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

BcAwKKc.png

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia