Gen Z Can’t Afford the Rent

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I'm not discounting that possibility, but there's also the number of people whose parents themselves are renters. There are millions of seniors being forced into care homes because they can't pay rent on their apartments and their kids don't have space to keep them.

The number of homeless seniors is growing too. I'm saying don't be shocked if workplace rampages come back or if someone just straight up sneaks explosives into a gathering of billionaires and blows that shyt up on some suicide bomber shyt. Don't be surprised if domestic terrorism comes back with a focus on targeting the rich. There is precedent for this.
There’s gonna be some terrorism for sure, also there should be a nationwide rent strike

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
This is a recipe for disaster if you have money. When you have groups of people congregating in cramped housing they'll start exchanging ideas.

When you take away people's hope that they can have the same level of prosperity their parents had, you create people whose depression can turn to radical movements.

The most dangerous kind of person is one who feels he has nothing to lose. You're an absolute moron if you create the kind of conditions that produce MILLIONS of this type of person.
Tale as old as time. They'll get away with shyt as long as they can and that limit is usually when pitchforks and guillotines come out. The big difference is right now even the poorest of us have a lot of creature comforts that historically we did not have. Time and patience running out though, Gen Z might be the first generation in a long time that legitimately has very little hope for the future.

Last edited:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Ngl all this topic proves is that a good portion of thecoli are out of touch flabbysicks (at first it was just the booth but now it's spreading) and borderline retarded.

People posted all types of graphs and data demonstrating the difference in the times and yet even still some posters are continuing to push false narratives. This is why you have to be careful taking advice from people on this forum.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Instead of talking about real issues y’all would rather have arguments about generations

And I don’t understand why this gen conversation always comes up because boomers benefit from gen z making money and gen z benefited from boomers making money

Boomers should be more upset at this shyt than gen z cause gen z not making money hurts everybody, and boomers need support

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Sorry, all that sounds like excuses.

If one job doesn't pay enough, get another that will, or, get a side-hustle.

That entire paragraph is nothing more than....

crying-baby.gif

The 'realities' haven't changed, but Gen-Z thinks they should be treated different and are more concerned with what bathrooms they can/can't use.​
You’re not beating the allegations :mjpls:
I’m good now but I’ll never get to the point where I can’t empathize with other generations.

Daps
Sad part is there are plenty of homes. Most people just drive by abandoned or dilapidated homes that could be fixed up. The government could pay to fix up and sell them.

Just like with most things, everyone is just chasing the newest build homes just because, even though a lot of them are crappy built subdivisions
you sound crazy as hell. Do you even hear yourself?

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Anybody calling these kids lazy and being dismissive...I know for a fact you haven't sat and talked with any of these young folks. It's tough out here and many of this generation aren't acquiring much unless their parents are helping. Either by letting them stay past 18 with no or little rent or by co signing.

If everybody starts at square one every time nobody ever gets anywhere.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Anybody calling these kids lazy and being dismissive...I know for a fact you haven't sat and talked with any of these young folks.
False.....​

You don't have to 'bust your ass' to have a good QoL. The problem is they think it should be given rather than earned.

Here's an example: I know a kid (17) that lives at home, doesn't pay any bills, yet wants a car. I showed him this....

IMG-20230514-190349.jpg

He turned his nose up.​

Daps
You gotta be Gen X or something because you seem very much detached to the realities that millennials and younger generations face. My first apartment as an adult was a 1 bedroom & was less than 700 a month. In Charlotte. I was making like $20 an hour. This was more than a decade ago. But apparently some companies still want ppl working for the dub and less… but good luck finding a one bedroom for less than 1200 or a 2 bedroom less than 1600
once people hit 40, they are pretty much out of touch with 20 somethings from the newer generation

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Generation (pick one) can no longer afford home insurance in Florida and are moving out.

Tampa Bay Times, St. Petersburg, Fla.

Soaring home insurance costs are pushing these families out of Florida​

Madison Hahamy, Tampa Bay Times

3056556ae3f4047e8e3d2560fba9c026

T4LR7U4E6RHQXAVVJANI4W5GKU.jpg

ZX2WWGUTYFHXRGC6QGJNZM6X6Y.jpg
But nothing has changed… they should’ve worked harder

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
once people hit 40, they are pretty much out of touch with 20 somethings from the newer generation
I’m not young, I’m close. And I’m making pretty good money. But I know what hard times was like. Having to move back home was humbling. I can’t imagine not leaving. It’s rough