"Gen V" | Prime Video | Sept 29th 2023 | spinoff series of "The Boys"

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Just finished it last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd like to see a season 2, but I'm happy watching one-off series that expand the universe. The first episode gave of serious 'Sky High' vibes.

They would be stupid to recast Andre over liking some Andrew Tate posts. His character is the glue of the protagonists.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Just binged this.....its mehh. The acting is pretty bad. I don't feel like anybody has a personality on this show and the story line could have been better. Hopefully they step it up for next season because this was not on The Boys level.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just finished, I actually like this more than the main show but it has a lot of the same problems as the main show and I doubt that this will hold up over multiple seasons. But as a first season it was entertaining and did it's job.

Just binged this.....its mehh. The acting is pretty bad. I don't feel like anybody has a personality on this show and the story line could have been better. Hopefully they step it up for next season because this was not on The Boys level.
I actually came in to say that even though I don't like his look, Sam acted circles around them IMO. He had a very powerful and believable performance to me.

Everyone else not so much, the black girl started strong but fell off. Emma was alright, the transgender boy/girl thing was trash and the magneto knockoff nikka was the worst one

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
enjoyed the show, but don't think the characters hold a candle to The Boys. it's not even remotely close. i don't even think this show has a standout character tbh. i liked Emma the best probably
Funny you say this because I don't think The Boys has any likeable characters whatsoever. On purpose no doubt, but absolutely none. Starlight at best

Billy is absolutely insufferable to me

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Funny you say this because I don't think The Boys has any likeable characters whatsoever. On purpose no doubt, but absolutely none. Starlight at best

That is the point. Nobody in The Boys is supposed to be likeable. At least in the comics.

Billy is a psychopath, Hughie is a p*ssy, all the superheroes are depraved and humans aren't far behind either.

I had the same issue with the Preacher TV show.

Conz

Superstar
Daps

fair, but Homelander is an incredible character. Hughie is an ok audience surrogate type. MM has his moments. Deep is comedy. Gen V really didn't have much. not even really talking likeability. i liked Emma though

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Also, what's up with the writers and dikks? These nikkas weird as hell.

I couldn’t get into this show.

Didn’t really like the story and didn’t like any of the characters.

And no matter how much @Neo The Resurrected ONE tries to shyt on MCU cuz he mad he was demoted as MarvelSet General…. It don’t make this show good

And The Boys is actually dope but this spin off is equal the worst Dead Walking spin off…. The Dead World one