"Gen V" | Prime Video | Sept 29th 2023 | spinoff series of "The Boys"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Fire last 2 episodes. The series wasn't perfect but I liked it and the characters.

It actually perfectly captures the fear and resulting paranoia humans would have if superhumans mutants actually existed. It's the X-Men done right, but with an innovative and modern take with real world politics and how society consumes media.

Combined with the main series, id say the Boys/Gen V provides a brutally honest take on both the Avengers/JLA (i.e. the Seven) and the X-Men. The former is just as much a threat to humans but they have the billions of corporate marketing to paint a different image/cover their fukkups. The latter is the rest of the super-powered population, institutionalized, feared, and experimented on... but also with tangible reasons to be feared bc they can legit fukk ppl up by the mere flick of their finger or a moment of absentmindedness.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Finale was fire as fukk. Got me excited for next season and The Boys S4. Homelander's distorted superhero theme in his entrance was a nice touch, and Butcher finds out about The Woods. Sam and Emma's scene in the theater was dope, from Sam's perspective you kinda understand where he's coming from. It'll be interesting to see where the crew goes from here now that sides have clearly been drawn. Marie still looking fine as fukk.

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Show was cool

But if you don't say when the big homie showed up it didn't step the viewing up you lying
Plus the mid credits scene dude showing out

Right now the gen v characters are building but meh Compared to the main show

Doubt that changes

One tree hill with some mad violence and mad :dame: won't catch the main

But nice little filler show

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Dope finale. Marie is looking OP af. I don’t think Neumann’s tried popping a supe. Marie gave one a heart attack, outchea blood bending and she blew off Cate’s arm :damn:

Marie a head popper too :wow: she was supposed to be in the 7 :whoo: but homelander showed up and fukked her over

She was never gonna be in the 7. Homelander’s :mjpls: meter is already maxed out with just A Train. shyt he probably killed Black Noir because he has black in his name.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
man is an A- student and Ashley saying he stupid :russ:

im also an A- student:mjcry:

Hopefully your skin color doesn't test a little too dark for TV like his.:mjpls:

She was never gonna be in the 7. Homelander’s :mjpls: meter is already maxed out with just A Train. shyt he probably killed Black Noir because he has black in his name.

st0rmfr0nt was the :mjpls: one, not Homelander. He was reluctant to move against Edgar cuz of his intelligence. He was disappointed with A Train for wasting his abilities and respected Black Noir above all others in The 7 cuz he was out there putting work in. Completely committed and dedicated.

count-on-homelander.gif

d8ef2011e78fc6aece50a5f413744b23b741ba62aa6033b980c8aafedcb6db79_1.jpg

Now, he wasn't about having a Muslim in The 7. Ain't no way he was gonna have "Captain Al Qaeda" on the team. But that was anti-terrorist sentiment, which is typical in this country. He's a proud American who thinks Supes are superior.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Dope finale. Marie is looking OP af. I don’t think Neumann’s tried popping a supe. Marie gave one a heart attack, outchea blood bending and she blew off Cate’s arm :damn:

She was never gonna be in the 7. Homelander’s :mjpls: meter is already maxed out with just A Train. shyt he probably killed Black Noir because he has black in his nam

I know lol.. but that what she was promised :mjpls: they just didn’t want to die before homelander showed up :pachaha: