"Gen V" | Prime Video | Sept 29th 2023 | spinoff series of "The Boys"

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think the reason this show is not pulling people like the main series is that the main cast isn't as interesting. I think the idea of the show is great, but I don't think the main characters are that interesting to make it work. However, the show is good enough to get my attention.

Nice finale, but unsure why they made the episode short.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think the reason this show is not pulling people like the main series is that the main cast isn't as interesting. I think the idea of the show is great, but I don't think the main characters are that interesting to make it work. However, the show is good enough to get my attention.

Nice finale, but unsure why they made the episode short.

yeah, they should have made season 1 about something else and maybe the super experiment conspiracy could be hinted at and built up more. As of right now you didn’t really get to spend enough time with the cast just bullshytting annd ot being detectives to get a feel for their actual personalities. They were constantly in turmoil. It’s like Harry Potter, like nikkas didnt go to classes or train or do enough actual world building.

You felt a sense of presence when not only homelander came but Butcher, they ate those two seconds of scene time up.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
yeah, they should have made season 1 about something else and maybe the super experiment conspiracy could be hinted at and built up more. As of right now you didn’t really get to spend enough time with the cast just bullshytting annd ot being detectives to get a feel for their actual personalities. They were constantly in turmoil. It’s like Harry Potter, like nikkas didnt go to classes or train or do enough actual world building.

You felt a sense of presence when not only homelander came but Butcher, they ate those two seconds of scene time up.
Yeah, S1 should've been about world building and showing more stuff about God U and how they mold heroes. I think the start of the series had the right idea about focusing on the superhero ranking, but they seemed to drop that plot point quickly. I think there needed to be a better build up to the woods and maybe save that stuff for later in the season because 2nd half of the show felt more like a 2nd season rather than the first.

Not spending enough time with the main cast hurts the series because things didn't get interesting for 2nd half of the series until Vought, Homelander, and Butcher showed up. That isn't a good thing imo, but hopefully, next season will do a better job of making us care for the protagonists. So far I found the things outside of the main cast more interesting than the case itself.