Daps
Loving this game so far :wow:

Ive seen no problems with the PC port as well

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
I thought Resident Evil 4 was a big influence on Gears. Either way, who cares? Gears perfected this type of third person gameplay.
what would RE4 bring to influence gears of war?

Aiming mechanics were done by Winback
RE4 doesnt have Cover based shooting
Location damage in RE4 was done by Goldeneye and probably another game before it.
Quick Time Events (QTEs) came from Shenmue and some other japanese game.
Over the Shoulder aiming was done by many many games before RE4 including Splinter Cell (which came out in 2001)

I really cant think of a single thing RE4 innovated in outside of changing the monsters from Zombies to Infected spainards in the Resident Evil series.

Thats just the way the cookie crumbles when you take a look at a very popular game surrounded in misinformation and falsifications :yeshrug:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN

Location damage in RE4 was done by Goldeneye and probably another game before it.
Over the Shoulder aiming was done by many many games before RE4 including Splinter Cell (which came out in 2001)

I really cant think of a single thing RE4 innovated in outside of changing the monsters from Zombies to Infected spainards in the Resident Evil series.

Thats just the way the cookie crumbles when you take a look at a very popular game surrounded in misinformation and falsifications :yeshrug:
I dont mind your criticism but its clear you have no interest in this game & most likely havent played or plan on it. Every game has borrowed from another. Its just weird how you going so hard on a game you clearly dont care about

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
I dont mind your criticism but its clear you have no interest in this game & most likely havent played or plan on it. Every game has borrowed from another. Its just weird how you going so hard on a game you clearly dont care about
read an earlier post I put up. I said I played the Original Gears of War and had fun with the multiplayer against my long dead step brother. :ufdup:

you have all these xbox nikkas talkin shyt on Playstation game threads, but now you gonna care when someone does it to yall? :to:

Tell ya partners to learn to pick & Choose ya battles if you dont want this to happen again, cus Revenge is a promise every time :krs:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
read an earlier post I put up. I said I played the Original Gears of War and had fun with the multiplayer against my long dead step brother. :ufdup:

you have all these xbox nikkas talkin shyt on Playstation game threads, but now you gonna care when someone does it to yall? :to:

Tell ya partners to learn to pick & Choose ya battles if you dont want this to happen again, cus Revenge is a promise every time :krs:
Tbh, its lame on both sides to diss a game you wont play or have any interest in.. I'll leave you to it :manny:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Who Inspired Gears of War?

What does it matter if another game did it first? Let's not make anymore platformers because Donkey Kong came out, brehs. Just because a previous game had the same mechanics, doesn't mean it's better (or the later game is a ripoff). Video games aren't like movies and books. The gameplay can be refined and changed in sequels and\or other franchises.