Gears of War 4 OT

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
New gameplay mechanics are difficult to create at this stage. We've seen almost everything at this point. I don't think you can name a game that didn't borrow mechanics from another game post ps2 era. Your post can be applied to pretty much any game.
I can name a few with interesting/underutilized mechanics such as Five nights at freddys (still a shyt series that became what it is as a cash grab/Novelty game and nothing more) & Gravity Rush.

I know there are a few more I can think of (some of which were even on PS Plus free games) but my minds pretty dead right now due to lack of sleep as its 4:18 am PST

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You sound more like a dumb nikka til death :ufdup:
You saying Gears is like Winback because of a similar play mechanic makes you a moron. Why play any shooter, Atari Combat had shooting in it afterall. Battlefield stole its entire swag from that shyt :whew: Or maybe you been missing out on the best franchises of this and last gen. Uncharted's campaign is the best SOLO campaign in gaming. Gears might be the best Co-op campaign. Halo 5, the new gameplay mechanics make it a NEW game altogether imo. More fun now than ever, and I wasn't a Halo fan like that to begin with.

You wouldn't know tho because you let others play/shape/mold your opinions for you. Welcome to the new age :shaq2:

While your point was somewhat correct, you went off the deep end and the bolded part is just flat out inaccurate. Gaming has become profit based so companies are not taking as many "risk" as one would put it. Its retarded because its not supposed to be based on what you think would sell. When we discuss gaming here, sony heads speak about sales only while they wait for a delayed game to eventually flop. Gears is goat regardless if it sells well or not. Its just a great franchise. As long as new games and new ways to play continue to be developed? Then we'll always have new ways to play games. VR is up next, AR after that, 3D with no eyewear is coming around that same time period. But I'll let you tell it :whistle:
Those things will build on already established gameplay mechanics. You guys said yourself that VR builds on what Kinect established (which I disagree but supports my point). Homeboy was clowning gears of war because it has cover mechanics. That's silly considering every game has something another game has. Gaming has always been profit based and the games that are received well have always gotten used as inspiration for another game after it.

HarlemRiverDrive

Rated X by an all white jury.
Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
it aint about just the gameplay, its about the nikkas whose hypin up Gears of War as being the creator of that type of gameplay when GoW really wasnt :comeon:

How yall gonna try to claim somethin it didnt do? :martin:

Winback was 1999. Revolutionized 3rd person shooters and aiming systems with its cover system and laser aiming respectively.
Remade for PS2 in 2000/2001.

it was copied in 2003 by 007 Everything or Nothing, and again by Kill.Switch in 2004.

Thats 3 games before Gears of War was even a thing. not including if Syphon Filter on PS2 had cover mechanics (I dont remember)

not to mention that the story felt copied from "Resistance: Fall of Man" which came out literally in the same month of the same year (November, 2006) :snoop:

only thing that really feels unique about the game are the weapons. I admit I put in hours with my step brother (Rest in Peace) on Gears of War 1's Multiplayer.

but thats all the game has, everything else has been done before. Better than what GoW does..:russell:

I get where you're coming from but I vaguely remember people thinking Winback was fukking awful back then.
The developers of Gears of War (both Cliff and Rod) admit that Gears's game design was heavily inspired from Kill.Switch. In fact they gave their respects to kill switch in that Gears 4 live thing back on Tues day.

007 constantly changes the design of it's games with every iteration. Even Blood Stone was a call back to the design of everything or nothing 007.

And come on are you really calling a story about aliens invading earth and winning something original ? that Resistance cam eup with? nikka do you read, have you not read War of the Worlds? :martin:

or.... Halo?

If any of those games did anything better than Gears...well, why didn't any one buy them? I will say, straight up that Army of Two's Aggro system is much, MUCH better than Gears 1-3's combat design for the AI. (4 finally beats it.) But I mean, if there's revolution there? Why didn't peop[le buy it????????

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It's a part of the social playlist too. In ranked (core) the weapons are tuned.

Just tried it again and it blew up
oh i had no idea but man im playin like some butt they added the shooting delay back its killing me :sadcam:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Those things will build on already established gameplay mechanics. You guys said yourself that VR builds on what Kinect established (which I disagree but supports my point). Homeboy was clowning gears of war because it has cover mechanics. That's silly considering every game has something another game has. Gaming has always been profit based and the games that are received well have always gotten used as inspiration for another game after it.
Is that right? When creating super Mario bros the creator was like "The carrot kingdom, really? You know carrots don't sell :stopitslime: Try mushrooms" and the rest is history?

I beg to differ...

Daps
Reppin
St louis
This shyt is soooooo addictive!
wat6rr.jpg

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
I get where you're coming from but I vaguely remember people thinking Winback was fukking awful back then.
The developers of Gears of War (both Cliff and Rod) admit that Gears's game design was heavily inspired from Kill.Switch. In fact they gave their respects to kill switch in that Gears 4 live thing back on Tues day.

007 constantly changes the design of it's games with every iteration. Even Blood Stone was a call back to the design of everything or nothing 007.

And come on are you really calling a story about aliens invading earth and winning something original ? that Resistance cam eup with? nikka do you read, have you not read War of the Worlds? :martin:

or.... Halo?

If any of those games did anything better than Gears...well, why didn't any one buy them? I will say, straight up that Army of Two's Aggro system is much, MUCH better than Gears 1-3's combat design for the AI. (4 finally beats it.) But I mean, if there's revolution there? Why didn't peop[le buy it????????
most reviews on winback were positive. and I know about Gears & Kill.switch, a few developers from Kill.Switch actually worked with the Gears creators on the system... Im just saying that Credit is due where it is deserved...

:wow: I miss Army of Two. gold shottie to the max