Reppin
CHICAGO
Son looks exactly like his wife

images

:mjlol:

All I know is he looks absolutely NOTHING like GP :hubie:

:what:HES LOOKS LIKE HIS FATHER
WITH HIS MOTHERS SKIN TONE.

gary-payton-with-son-gary-payton-jr-attend-gary-paytons-cannasports-picture-id1158202853

:devil:
:evil:

Joe_tu-pac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So there’s not a difference in speed and quickness between Gary Payton and say Allen Iverson?

U think Payton is as fast as an Ish Smith or young Raymond Felton

Payton and John Wall same shyt?

He’s athletic compared to regular people compared to NBA players he’s just a big PG with no hops that has some open floor speed and a weak first step

Nobody is ranking Jrue Holiday or Ricky Rubio among the most athletic PG’s today they’re both “fast”

Payton could get it up the floor as fast as any of those guys outside of Wall. AI obviously was a better athlete.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Payton could get it up the floor as fast as any of those guys outside of Wall. AI obviously was a better athlete.
Oh boy you entitled to Ya opinion tho

Btw Ish Smith has been the fastest player (tracked) in the league for years now

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GP2 is Gary’s first born

It’s weird he named the son he had with another woman Gary Jr
It seems weird but it makes sense.

I don’t know this for sure but I’d bet anything it was the women who decided to both name the sons Gary on some competitive shyt since he had them both pregnant at the same time.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
yall saying names but I see more Rondo with better shooting

Rondo was dope on D ... pretty fast and had similar looks
Gary would go on streaks where he was shooting really well, other times he was off. But defense made up for it ... extremely vocal and seattle played a good game utilizing all their players

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
GP was not an athletic guard by NBA standards. I think some of y’all are comparing his athleticism to regular Joes. Of course you have to be a peak athlete to play in the nba but compared to his peers he was an average athlete.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
GP was not an athletic guard by NBA standards. I think some of y’all are comparing his athleticism to regular Joes. Of course you have to be a peak athlete to play in the nba but compared to his peers he was an average athlete.
HE WAS AN ATHLETIC PG
FOR HIS ERA.

WE DIDNT START GETTING

SUPER ATHLETIC PGS
UNTIL STEVE FRANCIS/BARON DAVIS.

HE WOULD STILL BE
MORE ATHLETIC THAN TWO 3RDS
OF THE CURRENT STARTING PGS
IN THE NBA.
:devil:
:evil:

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seen him play.

I already addressed Kidd. Kidd was a big 6’4 stocky mf and was fast end to end and dunked more than Payton.

Payton end to end wasn’t crazy he had some speed he was an NBA PG after all. Him in a timed 3/4th sprint would not be amongst the elite guards in the game today. In his own time small, speedy guards could go at him.

If this was 2K he would have like a 88-92 speed. He also didn’t have a great first step.

And no I don’t understand the hesitancy to say he wasn’t athletic but y’all love romanticizing the past. The same posters will say Steph Curry and LaMelo Ball aren’t athletic.

Didn’t you just say Steph Curry was more athletic? Lol

I would hope you didn’t actually see him play saying stuff like that. But I think you’re confusing explosiveness with athleticism. Payton wasn’t explosive, his son is explosive. But he was more than quick, super agile and could change speeds effortlessly. And I’d like to know which speedy guards went at him? Don’t bother saying Iverson. Tony Parker did but by then Payton was past his prime.