Gaming will never be what it was from ps1-dreamcast/ps2/xbox-ps3/360

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It is your age.

There is a side of gaming that cannot be replicated as a grown man. Playing as Sonic and Tails with your brother. Playing until you lose a life on games like Rayman and Crash, then swapping out with your friend.

How I know that it is your age is those games are still accessible and games like them. The archive is only getting bigger so the current generation isn't missing out on anything. What you miss is the experience you can't get due to adult life.

Yep, thats why entire genres are closed off to me now, because i don’t play couch co-op and online. I used to love Fighting Games, Madden, Smash and Mario kart, etc. even Bomber Man…but you don’t get the same feeling playing against nameless people or even playing with your friends online.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I think if i showed my teenage self that was going crazy over Final Fantasy X on ps2, (pre-advent children) a clip of Final Fantasy XVi they’d have to put me in a mental institution. I wouldn’t even be able to process what i was looking at, and that pretty much applies to everything.
If I showed my kid self just the free games from Epic store he would lose his mind, meanwhile the only game I ever installed on there is Valorant (and I don't even play that shyt) :heh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If I showed my kid self just the free games from Epic store he would lose his mind, meanwhile the only game I ever installed on there is Valorant (and I don't even play that shyt) :heh:

Games with gold would have me foaming at the mouth :dead:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Thread is facts. Sh*t seems to have peaked at the PS3-Xbox360 era. Cuphead, Gears 5(trash),& Red Dead 2 are the only things I've purchased next gen. Games are a 100+ gbs, constant updates, far and few in between, sports games don't hit anymore, etc. But I'm more casual now and can easily settle for some 360 era remastered edition or a Skyrim session when time permits.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
money and average low IQ fans fukk up every aspect of life

things are always more creative and free before you monopolize shyt
you couldnt even keep up with all the games that were out in that era from NES on

now they just make the same games over and over for the past decade

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
money and average low IQ fans fukk up every aspect of life

things are always more creative and free before you monopolize shyt
you couldnt even keep up with all the games that were out in that era from NES on

now they just make the same games over and over for the past decade

devs have always copycatted. Nothing new.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Games simply don't move me as much anymore. Between day 1 dlc, broken launches, micro-transactions, just not worth the hassle. I try to keep a decent rig out of force of habit. Besides Fromsoft's latest, cool isometric RPG, or a interesting visual novel type, for the most part I'm good. Dislike 90% of multiplayer games as well now. If given 5 years in a gaming generation, I might beat 8 games max :yeshrug: the ps3/360 era was the peak

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im still enjoying the scene but I dip my toes in numerous genres.

The only thing lacking imo are AAA titles, since it takes more time to make I feel like gamers don’t give AA a lot of love like they used to back then