Gaming will never be what it was from ps1-dreamcast/ps2/xbox-ps3/360

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's largely due to playing those games while you were a child, teen, or youg adult. The only experience I miss from those days was the online experience of playing a traditional 3rd person areana shooter(Uncharted 2) that I can't really find a good replacement for today. Nowadays everything is either some FPS military shooter or battle royale copycat. Gears is the last of its kind.

Everything else though? I feel we've evolved for the better. Younger you would've been going crazy if Tears of the Kingdom came out as it is today back in 2004.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite eras thats why I’m on pc now so I can re live those experience at better resolutions. The Duckstation, PCSX2 and Rpcs3 emulators almost remaster games. Especially duckstation that emulator almost got ps1 games looking like ps2.

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps
If you lived thru that era, it was amazing. I tried to get into the ps5 amd it looks like last gen. Nothing special. There just isn't any competition anymore. :mjcry:
Biggest signs of our age :wow: .
Eventually the time will come that will we stop gaming and pass it on to the young bulls

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: This ain’t no diss but some of y’all are getting older. Y’all seen everything that gaming has to offer. And that magic that was once there is gone. It happens to everything, and everyone once they get older. If you’re aspecting a big jump in gaming. Like a ps1 to ps2, or a n64 to a GameCube. You will be disappointed lol. South Park have a great episode about this.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't understand people feeling like the ps3/360 era was better than the current generation. Modern games feel like a refinement of the ps3/360 era.

The ps2/xbox/GameCube era felt great at the time, but alot of the mechanics from that era didn’t age very well. People argue that developers were more willing to experiment with new ideas during that era, but personally I feel like there's more variety now when you consider indie games.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
I don't understand people feeling like the ps3/360 era was better than the current generation. Modern games feel like a refinement of the ps3/360 era.

The ps2/xbox/GameCube era felt great at the time, but alot of the mechanics from that era didn’t age very well. People argue that developers were more willing to experiment with new ideas during that era, but personally I feel like there's more variety now when you consider indie games.
people always forget the crazy amount of shovelware from that ps2/xbox/gc era too. remember how the joke was that every game based on a licensed property was probably gonna be ass? now when there's a new batman or spider-man game everyone expects it to be great

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You're older... the kids playing now will feel the same way you did.
It's funny how people never realize this. They try to relive their youth through things they enjoyed as kids and wonder why it doesn't feel the same.

"Kingdom Hearts 3 is so disappointing :damn:" yeah, it's fukking Goofy and Donald Duck and you're 40 years old now :hubie:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
people always forget the crazy amount of shovelware from that ps2/xbox/gc era too. remember how the joke was that every game based on a licensed property was probably gonna be ass? now when there's a new batman or spider-man game everyone expects it to be great

Memba’ berries got them drunk. People only remember those small cherished two weeks of spectacular games from when they grew up, they don’t think about all the garbage, broken, cheap cash grabs these companies put out and how expensive they actually were

Most people have probably put more hours and had more fun with elden ring alone than they had an entire generation back then. People on here talking about how they put 300-450 hours into it.