Gamespot - Why Xbox One is Losing (And Will Lose Next Gen....)

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
:usure:

O'Dwyer was 100% on point and you trying to claim that he has holes in his argument is ridiculous fam. Many of us have been studying the console market for 10+ years. Microsoft is in such a deep hole that I can't possibly see them recovering.

:what: Microsoft will be fine. The same coulda been said for Sony during their 6 billion loss story but now look....

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not "Pro Sony", but rather I'm "pro common sense", and if I don't like what a company is doing, I'm voting with my dollars, so they can adhere to the message of "I seen what your true vision was, and I'm not having that bullshyt either way" (again, regardless if they are quick to back down now). And it seems that other consumers are doing the same.

:lawd: Church.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
They both play games how is that that not a ''gaming console'' ? :dwillhuh:

microsoft is pushing the xbox1 as a home theater system so i wouldnt be surprised if they spend more time on the entertainment side rather than the gaming side.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Theory about hardcore gamers leading the way is blown to smithereens by the success of the Wii...a console discussed sparingly in the video. Wii paid mostly no attention to hardcore gamers and ended up clearly having the most sales. Some of the things that XBox is doing outside of gaming will bring the sales to them when it's all said and done. The point about ignoring the hardcore gamers is valid though and does play a part in why PS4 got the advantage in preorders that it did.

it had the nintendo name

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Flash in the pan fluke. WiiU proved that.

The Wii is what put Nintendo in its current mess on consoles. They lost the hardcore
I'm not saying Wii was the example all consoles should follow specifically because of this. But let's not sit here an act like a Wii capable of playing 360/PS3 quality type games would've made the Wii U a more viable option. Microsoft knew that, that's why they went the route they did. It's why I feel regardless of what happens in these first few months, casual gamers are gonna see one console with the capability of playing without a controller, AND the ability to sync up with your cable...while the other just plays games...obvious choice.

Microsoft should've just left those two things (plus the whole cloud integration) and kept all the other mandatory shyt out of the reveal. Guaranteed everything would've been reverse

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
And Sony won't have games? :leostare:

Look at their exclusives this year ALONE on the PS3 (not including digital only/psn games): Ni No Kuni, MLB The Show, God of War Ascension, The Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls, Dragons Crown, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer, Tales of Xillia.

Games are the least of my worry on the PS4. Now if you wanna argue that the exclusives THIS year on the PS4 aren't your thing. Cool.

What is Clinton, NJ like?
Why even argue with anyone that would say such a statement?

Fact is sony has its own collection of in house developers that pump out good to great games all year like clockwork.

Microsoft so far has shown that they would rather throw money at random third party developers to make games exclusively for their system.

Look at titan fall breh, the xbox 1s biggest and best exclusive is a game microsoft paid a third party a lot of cash for. These nikkas have had more than enough time to invest in their own in house developers.

X1 may have the better launch line up but nikkas are retarded if they think sony isnt gonna drop more and better exclusive while being more consistent as well.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
People are really not thinking this through about the new xbox :snoop:

Hardcore Gaming? Loses to the PS4 with gamers
streaming content? Loses to the Roku/Apple TV that cost 80% LESS
Casual/Softcore? Probably loses to Nintendo because of price and first party games

How is this hard to comprehend? The Kinect and NFL are not THAT strong of an argument :snoop:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
People are really not thinking this through about the new xbox :snoop:

Hardcore Gaming? Loses to the PS4 with gamers
streaming content? Loses to the Roku/Apple TV that cost 80% LESS
Casual/Softcore? Probably loses to Nintendo because of price and first party games

How is this hard to comprehend?
:usure:
I'm not sure people even remember the Wii U is out. I didn't even realize that it had already dropped back in June breh

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
microsoft is pushing the xbox1 as a home theater system so i wouldnt be surprised if they spend more time on the entertainment side rather than the gaming side.

It still do what the PS4...PS3...Xbox360. play games.Those are just added features.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm not saying Wii was the example all consoles should follow specifically because of this. But let's not sit here an act like a Wii capable of playing 360/PS3 quality type games would've made the Wii U a more viable option. Microsoft knew that, that's why they went the route they did. It's why I feel regardless of what happens in these first few months, casual gamers are gonna see one console with the capability of playing without a controller, AND the ability to sync up with your cable...while the other just plays games...obvious choice.

Microsoft should've just left those two things (plus the whole cloud integration) and kept all the other mandatory shyt out of the reveal. Guaranteed everything would've been reverse
casuals go with the popular option and thats undoubtedly going to be the ps4

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Theory about hardcore gamers leading the way is blown to smithereens by the success of the Wii...a console discussed sparingly in the video. Wii paid mostly no attention to hardcore gamers and ended up clearly having the most sales. Some of the things that XBox is doing outside of gaming will bring the sales to them when it's all said and done. The point about ignoring the hardcore gamers is valid though and does play a part in why PS4 got the advantage in preorders that it did.

Nintendo put their faith in casuals. They treat shyt as fads. Always a no no. People who don't even buy games like that bought a Wii U. When you got grandmothers and shyt praising the Wii = :scusthov:

Hardcore leads the way, softcore follows.