Gamespot - Why Xbox One is Losing (And Will Lose Next Gen....)

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
SMH, where did you remotely get the idea that I have some type of brand loyalty either way from my post? I seen what M$ had initially planned for the gamers, and I was in gist disgusted with everything that they were trying to readily force upon people. That's the bottom line and I'm not the type of dude to forgive and forget because a multi billion dollar company - who has money coming out the ass - wants to whisper sweet nothings in my ear now in an attempt to insure me that they're different all because they see an incoming freight train in the PS4, moving at the pace of a speeding bullet, which they now fear and realize could flattened them in the gaming sector after looking at their projected bottom line. You may call their policies ridiculous now, but I wonder if you would be singing that same tune if they didn't change some of them, or would you go the atypical route and spew the same rhetoric in defense of the policies that you now deem are ridiculous saying something to the effect of:

"well, the policies don't effect me either way. I have the internet, and my freaking toilet spies on me and takes a picture of me shytting mid drop, and/or I don't purchase used games anyway" :patrice:?

I don't know, but I have this innate feeling that you would be defending these policies somehow if they were still in place, and even if you weren't, as I alluded to, some Xbox fans really liked some of these policies as they praised M$'s 'ambitiousness' of supposedly pushing gaming forward, all the while romanticizing of its potential (i.e. M$ online components would lead to steam like sales for games).

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not "Pro Sony", but rather I'm "pro common sense", and if I don't like what a company is doing, I'm voting with my dollars, so they can adhere to the message of "I seen what your true vision was, and I'm not having that bullshyt either way" (again, regardless if they are quick to back down now). And it seems that other consumers are doing the same.
All that is fine and you can spend your money how you see fit. But ALL companies have fukk up at one point or another, ALL OF THEM.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i'm a gamer, so i'm looking for a gaming console...which is what the ps4 focuses on. the only thing the xbox one offers that i want is the nfl app and halo:noah:

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
All that is fine and you can spend your money how you see fit. But ALL companies have fukk up at one point or another, ALL OF THEM.

WTF is your point? Who said anything of the contrary :what:? Are you really trying to guilt me into giving M$ another chance? If so, just stop while you're ahead because it's simply not going to happen bra :sitdown:.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Theory about hardcore gamers leading the way is blown to smithereens by the success of the Wii...a console discussed sparingly in the video. Wii paid mostly no attention to hardcore gamers and ended up clearly having the most sales. Some of the things that XBox is doing outside of gaming will bring the sales to them when it's all said and done. The point about ignoring the hardcore gamers is valid though and does play a part in why PS4 got the advantage in preorders that it did.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
:usure:

O'Dwyer was 100% on point and you trying to claim that he has holes in his argument is ridiculous fam. Many of us have been studying the console market for 10+ years. Microsoft is in such a deep hole that I can't possibly see them recovering.
10+ yrs! You must be a youngin lol So all you know is the playstation era :laff:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Theory about hardcore gamers leading the way is blown to smithereens by the success of the Wii...a console discussed sparingly in the video. Wii paid mostly no attention to hardcore gamers and ended up clearly having the most sales. Some of the things that XBox is doing outside of gaming will bring the sales to them when it's all said and done. The point about ignoring the hardcore gamers is valid though and does play a part in why PS4 got the advantage in preorders that it did.

Flash in the pan fluke. WiiU proved that.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The Wii is what put Nintendo in its current mess on consoles. They lost the hardcore

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
WTF is your point? Who said anything of the contrary :what:? Are you really trying to guilt me into giving M$ another chance? If so, just stop while you're ahead because it's simply not going to happen bra :sitdown:.
Honestly I dont care what you buy.