games that people love but you don't like (Ver.2)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mario odyssey, bayonetta, devil may cry 5, any sports game, any racing game, any FPS online shooter

Every nintendo game I’ve bought on switch aside from fire emblem and botw has been absolute mid and i own like 20 games on that shyt. Biggest waste of money in my entire life

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
First, and foremost. I don't hate (most of) these games. Dislike maybe.

Red Dead 2 - First R* single player game in my lifetime that i don't like. I've played and completed most of them. From GTA III, and Bully. Down to the GTA's released on PSP. Maybe one day i'll complete RDR2. But to me the gameplay is so sluggish the game is damn near unplayable. It's like playing an interactive cutscene with limited control. Animations are too long, and slow as well. The story, and characters seem fuego though. I had fun at times, but i think i'd rather watch someone who's funny play through it, than actually playing it myself.

Uncharted 4 - It's story never pulled me in really. It has the same problem the Gears series has. It's repetitive. VERY repetitive. At least Gears isn't so long though. This game is too long for the Gameplay to be repetitive so early on. Go here, look for treasure/stealth, wave of enemies "surprise" attack, defeat wave of enemies, continue looking for treasure with puzzles thrown in, another wave of enemies attack, find treasure, 3 more waves of enemies attack, escape/barely make it out alive. Rinse & repeat for the ENTIRE GAME. Game is basically a horde mode, with an uninteresting story. I still love the series as a whole, and it's characters though. I beat 4 on crushing, that was a first.

Halo 3 - compared to part 2 it just wasn't fun to me. I don't remember exactly what it was but i was letdown by this game while everyone else loved it. Halo 4 is better imo but i'm Halo'd out and didn't bother with 5. Infinite needs to go a completely different/better direction.

Saints Row 2 - Idk i just wasn't feeling it. Everyone else was. Part 1, and 3 were fun though.

Fallout 3 - I do not get the hype this game got when it released. 4 is Waaay better. But the fandom doesn't claim 4 like they do boring ass 3, or old ass New Vegas. Both have very bad/stiff shooting that aged horribly. 4's shooting is fine/modern/playable, and most definitely will have aged better even generations from now

Assassins Creed Black Flag - I don't like the environment, and it's the most overrated game of the series. Unity is way, way better but no one wants to admit it for some reason.

Doom 2016 - I actually hate this game. It's literally just repetitive fast paced shooting with little to no story. Ironically everything i hate about this game, is the lore of the game lol.

Devil May Cry 5 - Uninteresting gameplay, and story. DMC gets shytted on, but it's better, more interesting, and more fun to play than this game.

Far Cry 3 - Same as every Far Cry game that succeeded it. It's a story based game with a great villain, with barely any real effort put into the story or characters in said story. It's generic gameplay, with little to no cutscenes (only the beginning, and end of the game) to tie things together seamlessly. I feel like the character you play as in these games never have any identity to them.

Ori & the blind Forest - It's an ok game i guess but i will never understand the hype surrounding this game.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Never seen a Star Wars movie, or played any of the games so this one's on me

*God Of War 2018 - This actually don't count. I like the game. I just think it's highly overated. It's basically just a souls game (gameplay) (i don't like souls games) that's also cinematic like TLOU. Good combination to the masses. Not as much to me.

EDIT: I forgot the most overrated game of last generation for sure. Zelda BOTW. I honestly do not get the scores/praise this game gets. Nor the so called creative, original, never done before in an open world game hype fans of this game be touting. It looks like an ordinary Zelda game, in an open/empty world. With the ability to pick apples, and shyt like that (i don't get Animal Crossing as well). Nobody calls picking berries in Witcher 3 original/groundbreaking. BOTW does NOTHING that hasn't been done in a modern open world game before it. Nintendo as a whole can be included on my list if i'm being honest.

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

Red Dead 2 - First R* single player game in my lifetime that i don't like. I've played and completed most of them. From GTA III, and Bully. Down to the GTA's released on PSP. Maybe one day i'll complete RDR2. But to me the gameplay is so sluggish the game is damn near unplayable. It's like playing an interactive cutscene with limited control. Animations are too long, and slow as well. The story, and characters seem fuego though. I had fun at times, but i think i'd rather watch someone who's funny play through it, than actually playing it myself.

Uncharted 4 - It's story never pulled me in really. It has the same problem the Gears series has. It's repetitive. VERY repetitive. At least Gears isn't so long though. This game is too long for the Gameplay to be repetitive so early on. Go here, look for treasure/stealth, wave of enemies "surprise" attack, defeat wave of enemies, continue looking for treasure with puzzles thrown in, another wave of enemies attack, find treasure, 3 more waves of enemies attack, escape/barely make it out alive. Rinse & repeat for the ENTIRE GAME. Game is basically a horde mode, with an uninteresting story. I still love the series as a whole, and it's characters though. I beat 4 on crushing, that was a first.

Halo 3 - compared to part 2 it just wasn't fun to me. I don't remember exactly what it was but i was letdown by this game while everyone else loved it. Halo 4 is better imo but i'm Halo'd out and didn't bother with 5. Infinite needs to go a completely different/better direction.

Saints Row 2 - Idk i just wasn't feeling it. Everyone else was. Part 1, and 3 were fun though.

Fallout 3 - I do not get the hype this game got when it released. 4 is Waaay better. But the fandom doesn't claim 4 like they do boring ass 3, or old ass New Vegas. Both have very bad/stiff shooting that aged horribly. 4's shooting is fine/modern/playable, and most definitely will have aged better even generations from now

Assassins Creed Black Flag - I don't like the environment, and it's the most overrated game of the series. Unity is way, way better but no one wants to admit it for some reason.

Doom 2016 - I actually hate this game. It's literally just repetitive fast paced shooting with little to no story. Ironically everything i hate about this game, is the lore of the game lol.

Devil May Cry 5 - Uninteresting gameplay, and story. DMC gets shytted on, but it's better, more interesting, and more fun to play than this game.

Far Cry 3 - Same as every Far Cry game that succeeded it. It's a story based game with a great villain, with barely any real effort put into the story or characters in said story. It's generic gameplay, with little to no cutscenes (only the beginning, and end of the game) to tie things together seamlessly. I feel like the character you play as in these games never have any identity to them.

Ori & the blind Forest - It's an ok game i guess but i will never understand the hype surrounding this game.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Never seen a Star Wars movie, or played any of the games so this one's on me

*God Of War 2018 - This actually don't count. I like the game. I just think it's highly overated. It's basically just a souls game (gameplay) (i don't like souls games) that's also cinematic like TLOU. Good combination to the masses. Not as much to me.

EDIT: I forgot the most overrated game of last generation for sure. Zelda BOTW. I honestly do not get the scores/praise this game gets. Nor the so called creative, original, never done before in an open world game hype fans of this game be touting. It looks like an ordinary Zelda game, in an open/empty world. With the ability to pick apples, and shyt like that (i don't get Animal Crossing as well). Nobody calls picking berries in Witcher 3 original/groundbreaking. BOTW does NOTHING that hasn't been done in a modern open world game before it. Nintendo as a whole can be included on my list if i'm being honest.
I'm right there with you on this. And to top it off, the game wasn't even fun:scust:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Mario odyssey, bayonetta, devil may cry 5, any sports game, any racing game, any FPS online shooter

Every nintendo game I’ve bought on switch aside from fire emblem and botw has been absolute mid and i own like 20 games on that shyt. Biggest waste of money in my entire life

aka I’m trash at competitive online shooting games. Lol.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Call of Booty franchise
Destiny franchise
Assassins Creed franchise
Battlefront 2(new one not the original)
Nba 2k(used to like it but dropped it 6 years ago)
Monster Hunter World
Fortnite

aka I’m trash at competitive online shooting games. Lol.
or its possible that person doesnt find them fun. I beat 2 of the Dark Souls games and dont care for the franchise.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City

What didn't you like about Mario Odyssey?

Also why did you buy a switch in the first place? :dead: it seems you don't like any of the games on there.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Well if the whole game is just going fast then there's no variety and then you'd just say the game has no depth and is repetitive.

I don't see a problem with mixing it up and adding shyt in there like mean bean machine or platforming. That's why I liked Sonic Adventure because they give you different things to do instead of just the main basic sonic stuff.

While this is true, in Sonic's case "less is more". Nobody I know plays Sonic to do all of this random shyt, they wanna go fast. Leave the platforming shyt to Mario and let Sonic do his thing. I wish Sonic actually got the Mario Maker treatment because breh I would play the hell out of those created levels:wow:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

"bbbbut BOTW has realism and physics":lolbron: People think these things make a game complete. These are add ons, the game itself has a couple required dungeons and everything else is extra.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Red Dead.. series is asscheeks.

I never played Revolver but I remember being wild disappointed with Red Dead Redemption:francis:. While the story was rather interesting, there were moments in the game where it felt like the main protagonist was clueless as hell. Plus that ending:francis:. I didn't want to even play Red Dead 2 because I knew the game was going to be a slog and "gasp", I was right all along:krs:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
"bbbbut BOTW has realism and physics":lolbron: People think these things make a game complete. These are add ons, the game itself has a couple required dungeons and everything else is extra.

The thing with BOTW is that it kinda did open world wayyyy better than most open world games. Hell, just last year Gershin Impact damn near got GOTY despite it being a Zelda clone. The Ubi game that's like BOTW got people going crazy for it even though it is considered a sleeper hit. While BOTW itself has some issues especially with the mechanics, but it's captivating due to how it gives the gamer the ability to do whatever the hell they want despite the world being empty as hell. I look at the game like a "Criterion" flick . Hence why I fukks with the game.