Gamepass price finally about to go up?!

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I remember before this gen started, gaming media and those dingbats on resetera was pushing for Nintendo and Sony to drop their traditional business model because they thought Gamepass was going to get them out the paint.

:mjlol:
It's the future, don't you see the industry is changing? :damn:
#lastplacecopium :mjlol:

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas

[Windows Central] Xbox Game Pass is getting MAJOR changes, with a new tier without day one games, and a range of price increases

• Soon, Xbox Game Pass for console will be shuttered for new users only. Those already using Game Pass console with existing subscriptions will not be required to cancel.
  • Users currently on Xbox Game Pass for console will be allowed to maintain their subscription, as well as day one games.
  • New users on Xbox Game Pass in the near future will be greeted by a new Xbox Game Pass "Standard." This is more like EA Access, which includes Xbox's back catalogue, and doesn't include day one games. This will be priced at $14.99 per month, and will also include Xbox Live Gold for multiplayer (now known as Game Pass Core, confusingly). It doesn't include Xbox Cloud gaming. Game Pass Standard is launching in September.
  • Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will not be changed, but it will get a price increase. It will still include PC Game Pass, day one games, and hundreds of back catalogue titles, as well as cloud gaming. But, it is getting a price increase. The new price will be $19.99 per month, or $74.99 per year.
  • PC Game Pass is also getting a price increase, from $9.99 per month to $11.99.
  • Xbox Game Pass Core (Xbox Live Gold multiplayer) gets an annual price increase to $55.99 from $49.99, but it will remain $9.99 per month.
Why am I just now finding out I could pay $75 per year for Ultimate??? Looks like they’re about to get another annual subscriber today.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why am I just now finding out I could pay $75 per year for Ultimate??? Looks like they’re about to get another annual subscriber today.
You're reading that incorrectly,
75 for game pass core up from 59.99
game pass doesn't have a prepaid annual plan.
There are couple of ways to get game pass ultimate cheaper by lapsing your plan or just buying Xbox gold and convert it to ultimate. Reddit has bunch of instructions on this that beats the price of paying monthly.

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
You're reading that incorrectly,
75 for game pass core up from 59.99
game pass doesn't have a prepaid annual plan.
There are couple of ways to get game pass ultimate cheaper by lapsing your plan or just buying Xbox gold and convert it to ultimate. Reddit has bunch of instructions on this that beats the price of paying monthly.
I didn’t read it incorrectly, the source had it wrong.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Heard about this on gameranx yesterday. Of course the price of the brick goes up over time, but the timing of it looks sus and it's an increase in price for not an increase in value (for me, at least). :picard:

Gaming used to be more fun when you had multiple IPs putting out bangers year-round. Now it seems like a bunch of remakes, flops, and F2P money grabs with very few games that have me :ooh: when they drop.

My shyt doesn't run out until New Year's, but after that, I don't know.

(I got a Series X, PS5 dv, and a Switch, so I don't do that stan shyt either. :hubie: )

Daps
Reppin
My Set
pc game pass won't get day one? if they hoed us I'm out. the exact thing they said wouldn't happen has happened.. if you defend this you're a lunatic. :what:
Xbox bout to play out like dem Yeat lyrics

"When you said you wouldn't do the things you did. You did in fact"

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

For the stans in here that don’t realize they are the “most dedicated” customers being taken advantage of, its certainly not pc gamepass users :mjpls:

Not only will they pay whatever you charge them, they will defend it

So MS like let’s just sell to the losers we already have 😂

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This price hike is bs, but don't get game pass thru Microsoft, just buy subs on sites like CDKeys.

3 months of xbox ultimate for $11/month

@Leasy @Loose @MeachTheMonster @PS5 Pro @Fatboi1 @JD2019

This deal is even better. You gotta do a bit more work but it ends being like $4 a month.

There’s always deals on gamepass out there for people willing to search and try to save money on it, and for those that don’t $3 extra ain’t breaking the bank.

As always when it comes to xbox topics this is just people stumbling all over each other to say some dumb shyt. Gamepass is still the best deal in gaming :blessed:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
giphy.gif