'Game of Thrones' Prequel 'The Hedge Knight' Joins 'House of the Dragon' as Next Series

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Not that I mind any of these GOT spinoffs but when is HBO gonna get back to making The Sopranos/Wire level new series again

They are still making prestige TV just in different genres. 'Succession' cleaned up awards season. 'The Last of Us' will clean up awards season. Etc.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Explaining would spoil it so I ain't saying shiet.

There when the Targareans landed in Westeros.......some time past......House of the Dragon......some time past....this show........some time past....Game of Thrones

You don't have to spoil the story though. There's already one prequel series out called House of the Dragon. But now they announced ANOTHER prequel called The Hedge Knight. So it's two different prequels shows. That's wild.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Dunk and Egg keep journeying closer to their HBO debut.

On Friday, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav gave an update on the next Game of Thrones spin-off series: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight (a title that seems destined to be changed to something that doesn’t have “Knight” twice).

“[Creator and executive producer] George R.R. Martin is in pre production for the new spin off, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which will premiere in late 2025 on Max,” Zaslav said.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This doesn’t excite me. Seems there’s so many more interesting pieces of lore to explore from Essos, Valyria, Dorne and The North/First Men/CoF…not really interested in more stories from the post-unified 7 kingdoms Westeros.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Not that I mind any of these GOT spinoffs but when is HBO gonna get back to making The Sopranos/Wire level new series again
And comedies. They have a gap to fill with veep, Barry, curb, and to an extent, succession all gone. They got righteous but that isn’t necessarily smart comedy

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GKbBPNEX0AE4ZNZ

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Not answering the above question.

So we got more non spolier info about the show:

6 episodes in 2025. House of The Dragon will be 8 episodes from here on out.

Based off three novellas, which are a little longer than short stories, they will definitely be stretching the material out for six episodes, I was hoping we get some stuff that wasn't in the novellas, we'll see how that goes.

There were supposed to be seven planned novellas, the seventh would have finite ending that ties direct into Game of Thrones.

While four novellas remain unpublished, they cover areas that were published in other works.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not answering the above question.

So we got more non spolier info about the show:

6 episodes in 2025. House of The Dragon will be 8 episodes from here on out.

Based off three novellas, which are a little longer than short stories, they will definitely be stretching the material out for six episodes, I was hoping we get some stuff that wasn't in the novellas, we'll see how that goes.

There were supposed to be seven planned novellas, the seventh would have finite ending that ties direct into Game of Thrones.

While four novellas remain unpublished, they cover areas that were published in other works.

Has that been confirmed? I thought HBO said just for season2 it will be 8 episodes.