'Game of Thrones' Prequel 'The Hedge Knight' Joins 'House of the Dragon' as Next Series

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bar is hardly set that high after the garbage that was HOTD. Lacklustre show that I couldn't even finish and this is coming from a massive GOT fan.

The Last of Us came and made everyone forget that HOTD existed :laugh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My only concern is what are they going to do after season 3 with this when they run out of book material . There's lots of details and story points for Dunk and obviously egg on the world of ice and fire book. But there are lots of gaps. I already gave up on ever seeing the end of the main series books so this is the closest we will get to finding out what happened at summerhall.

But I said it before and will say it again Im in of the strength of seeing prime Brynden Rivers Da (literal) Gawd in live action. :ohlawd:

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama.gif

Addressing your concerns, its probably why George RR Martin is listed as both an executive producer AND Writer for this particular series. Correct me if i’m wrong, but he hasn’t written on House Of The Dragon and he stopped writing on GOT after season 4 (presumably to focus on the novels) so him having an active hand in the writing for this series makes sense as the audience will know that everything that happens after they run out if book material is indeed canon and we can avoid a GOT seasons 7 & 8 scenario

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

If THE HEDGE KNIGHT turns out as well as we hope it will, our hope would be to go on and adapt THE SWORN SWORD and THE MYSTERY KNIGHT as well. That will take a few years. Then comes the hard part. Before we reach the end of the published stories, I will need to find time to write all the other Dunk & Egg novellas that I have planned. There are… gulp… more of them than I had once thought. There’s “The Village Hero” and the Winterfell story, the one with the She-Wolves, and maybe I need to write that Dornish adventure too to slip in between “The Hedge Knight” and “The Sworn Sword,” and after that there are… ah… more. I just need to finish THE WINDS OF WINTER, and then do either A DREAM OF SPRING or volume two of FIRE & BLOOD, and slip in a new Dunk & Egg between each of those in my copious spare time… and that will keep me ahead of Ira and his merry crew… for a few more years.
This motherfukker :mjlol:
:mjcry:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Addressing your concerns, its probably why George RR Martin is listed as both an executive producer AND Writer for this particular series. Correct me if i’m wrong, but he hasn’t written on House Of The Dragon and he stopped writing on GOT after season 4 (presumably to focus on the novels) so him having an active hand in the writing for this series makes sense as the audience will know that everything that happens after they run out if book material is indeed canon and we can avoid a GOT seasons 7 & 8 scenario
We don't have the middle meat but we know how the story ends, I'm keeping my mouth shut

daemonova

Daps
Not that I mind any of these GOT spinoffs but when is HBO gonna get back to making The Sopranos/Wire level new series again
The hood stuff ain't happening. You might get a limited series like "we own the city" again. But no year in year out, sprawling hood crime drama.

A big budget mob drama year in year out is passe and outdated.

Streamers have decided that female audiences are the future of streaming so they are catering to that.

daemonova

Daps
Hold up, there's TWO prequel series now? How does this even work? What am I not understanding
Explaining would spoil it so I ain't saying shiet.

There when the Targareans landed in Westeros.......some time past......House of the Dragon......some time past....this show........some time past....Game of Thrones