Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
When-actress-Olivia-Cooke-binged-on-Game-Of-Thrones.jpg

Us at #targset have a new pawg huh :ehh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The show is going to give a lot of people what they want: lots (ie nearly 20) of dragons, lots of Targaryens, wild sex shyt (including secret romances, incest, and gay shyt). Basically a lot of the things people liked about the last seasons. Remember, twitter is reflective of only 7% of the US. When I talk to people like my parents and other folks who aren't online...like liked the last two seasons. Do they have shytty taste? Sure lol. But if they liked that, they'll like this.

The problem the show will face is that while it'll feature some standout characters and legend - Daemon Targaryen, Cregan Stark, Criston Cole, etc - there isn't a whole lot of Martin dialogue to pull from. Game Of Thrones worked largely due to the characters and the dialogue, much of which was ripped straight from the first three books. Without a similar treasure trove, this show is going to rely on the show writers. Will they be better than D&D? That wouldn't be hard. But they're gonna have to be great to truly bring all these characters to life.

Assuming they follow Martin's plot and characterizations it could be a great show, but they have to knock the writing out the park. There won't be a Tyrion, Arya, Dany, etc type characters for people to truly latch onto IMO. Some will have potential to truly resonate though, like Nettles...who could be the biggest standout if they cast her right. She will almost certainly be black, too.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
The show is going to give a lot of people what they want: lots (ie nearly 20) of dragons, lots of Targaryens, wild sex shyt (including secret romances, incest, and gay shyt). Basically a lot of the things people liked about the last seasons. Remember, twitter is reflective of only 7% of the US. When I talk to people like my parents and other folks who aren't online...like liked the last two seasons. Do they have shytty taste? Sure lol. But if they liked that, they'll like this.

The problem the show will face is that while it'll feature some standout characters and legend - Daemon Targaryen, Cregan Stark, Criston Cole, etc - there isn't a whole lot of Martin dialogue to pull from. Game Of Thrones worked largely due to the characters and the dialogue, much of which was ripped straight from the first three books. Without a similar treasure trove, this show is going to rely on the show writers. Will they be better than D&D? That wouldn't be hard. But they're gonna have to be great to truly bring all these characters to life.

Assuming they follow Martin's plot and characterizations it could be a great show, but they have to knock the writing out the park. There won't be a Tyrion, Arya, Dany, etc type characters for people to truly latch onto IMO. Some will have potential to truly resonate though, like Nettles...who could be the biggest standout if they cast her right. She will almost certainly be black, too.
I remember my parents telling me they liked how Arya is the one who kills the night king
I didn’t get how they could

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
legit don’t get how they fumbled it at the last minute :mjlol:

all that fukking build up for what

honestly I’m not on some incel shyt, but I feel like they gave Arya that W to appease the feminists :hubie:
Theres probably a list of more than 30 things that D&D left unanswered or fukked up in the last season or just threw in for fukkery. Just didnt care :pacspit:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I remember my parents telling me they liked how Arya is the one who kills the night king
I didn’t get how they could

My parents said the exact same thing. They even liked Dany dying despite being huge fans of her. My mom said some shyt like "it's like a biblical story, pride before the fall"
:mjlol:

Most watched shows in America are on CBS. Police procedurals where the same thing happens every season, or terrible comedies. There's a large group of normal ass people who are simply watching shows to see explosions, flirting, and drama with a big budget. Game Of Thrones is like the greatest thing these people have ever seen.

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjcry:

Terrible, after all the build up w/ Jon

tenor.gif

Honestly I feel like they over thought it and we’re to worried about subverting expectations. I’m sure people would of complained too if Jon killed him because it was so obvious but true talent is able to give people something they expect but in a way that’s still enjoyable. We’re all aware Arya is capable we watched her become an assassin but having her kill the night king just because no one expected it is not a good reason for it to be done.