Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Honestly I feel like they over thought it and we’re to worried about subverting expectations. I’m sure people would of complained too if Jon killed him because it was so obvious but true talent is able to give people something they expect but in a way that’s still enjoyable. We’re all aware Arya is capable we watched her become an assassin but having her kill the night king just because no one expected it is not a good reason for it to be done.
they were probably trying for a swerve but it was fukked cuz jon didnt even get close

but its probably cuz d&d are just trash, we dont need to go through the list. like the Aegon Targ revel was for absolutely nothing. no payoff at all.

a jon vs knight king battle would of been epic :damn:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
legit don’t get how they fumbled it at the last minute :mjlol:

all that fukking build up for what

honestly I’m not on some incel shyt, but I feel like they gave Arya that W to appease the feminists :hubie:

Then all the good points they got from feminists went away with Daenerys turning into the biggest murderer on the show. They managed to just piss off or disappoint everyone with the last season.

I was ok with Arya being the one to deliver the killing blow, but not with her doing a ninja jump from behind to do it...and Jon having such a little part in it. Jon was resurrected to what, yell at a dragon? To fukk and eventually kill his aunt?

:mjcry: I still can’t believe they butchered the last season of GoT like that.

I like Olivia Cooke though :takedat: shorty is on the come up

Yeah, she was good in Bates Motel and Thoroughbred.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I said this before didnt even mind the Dany turn, but it happened in a half scene on top of drogon just looking over kings landing. if they would of built it up it could of been really dope and foreshadowed more flashbacks of her fighting urges to becoming like the mad king.

this is depressing :mjcry:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
legit don’t get how they fumbled it at the last minute :mjlol:

all that fukking build up for what

honestly I’m not on some incel shyt, but I feel like they gave Arya that W to appease the feminists :hubie:

Jon should've killed the Night King. Jamie should've went out doing something brave/valiant. Would've been nice if he died protecting King's Landing.

Arya should've either killed Cersei or Dany. Preferably Cersei. And then Dany and Jon could've happened as it did.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The show is going to give a lot of people what they want: lots (ie nearly 20) of dragons, lots of Targaryens, wild sex shyt (including secret romances, incest, and gay shyt). Basically a lot of the things people liked about the last seasons. Remember, twitter is reflective of only 7% of the US. When I talk to people like my parents and other folks who aren't online...like liked the last two seasons. Do they have shytty taste? Sure lol. But if they liked that, they'll like this.

The problem the show will face is that while it'll feature some standout characters and legend - Daemon Targaryen, Cregan Stark, Criston Cole, etc - there isn't a whole lot of Martin dialogue to pull from. Game Of Thrones worked largely due to the characters and the dialogue, much of which was ripped straight from the first three books. Without a similar treasure trove, this show is going to rely on the show writers. Will they be better than D&D? That wouldn't be hard. But they're gonna have to be great to truly bring all these characters to life.

Assuming they follow Martin's plot and characterizations it could be a great show, but they have to knock the writing out the park. There won't be a Tyrion, Arya, Dany, etc type characters for people to truly latch onto IMO. Some will have potential to truly resonate though, like Nettles...who could be the biggest standout if they cast her right. She will almost certainly be black, too.

Good points breh.

HBO needs to throw Martin a bag and have write at least 4 episodes per season as a lead off for the other writers to follow his example. Basically make him the head writer because lord KNOWS he’s nowhere close to actually finishing the goddamn novels

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Game of Thrones’ Prequel ‘House of the Dragon’ Adds Two More Cast Members
Their roles suggest that the series will have several scenes set during an even earlier timeline than previously known.

• James Hibberd
    JULY 6, 2021 8:30AM PDT
Milly-Alcock-and-Emily-Carey-SplitPublicity-H-2021.jpg

Milly Alcock and Emily Carey

COURTESY OF HBO
HBO’s Game of Thrones prequel has added two more cast members, and the official description of their roles suggests some new information about the timeline of the eagerly anticipated fantasy series.

House of the Dragon has cast Milly Alcock (Reckoning, The Gloaming) as a younger version of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. Described as “the king’s first-born child, she is of pure Valyrian blood, and she is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything… but she was not born a man.” The grown up version of the character is played by Emma D’Arcy in the show.

The series has also cast Emily Carey (Casualty) as a younger version of Alicent Hightower, “the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms. She was raised in the Red Keep, close to the king and his innermost circle; she possesses both a courtly grace and a keen political acumen.” Fun fact: Carey also played young Diana in 2017’s Wonder Woman. The grown up version of the character is played by Olivia Cooke in the show.

Related Stories

TV
HBO Max Chief Casey Bloys Says "We Have Enough Money" to Compete With Rivals
Since the roles are listed as recurring, it suggests the show might regularly have flashbacks to an earlier time period than previously realized. If so, the narrative device is a bit unique in the world of GoT, as the flagship show only used flashbacks a handful of times throughout its