Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the book doesn't describe his skin color. it's typical cac incel outrage shyt honestly.

they don't want black people in their fantasy even though it makes less sense for there to be no black people anywhere than it would be for them to be present.

Expect racial purity in a show with dragons and zombies :dead:

Besides, GRRM pulls from a bunch of different events in history. Valyria is based on Rome. Ghis on Persia. The Free Cities on Greece/Renaissance Era Italy. Dothraki on the Mongols. These muthafukkas were not around at the same time :heh: I think I would say also that King's Landing feels more like Ancient Rome to me than Medieval London, since London was not a massive city in the Medieval era. That's him mashing up history again. The Targs speaking Valyrian in Westeros mirrors real life English kings speaking French at court while the bums spoke English. Robert's Rebellion is based on The Iliad (Greek shyt) as much as it is The War of the Roses (British shyt). If you watch alot of Ancient Greek/Roman/British documentaries, you can see where GRRM took alot of inspiration from...which is why he's not tripping about including other races in it because while British history was very white....you'd have to be insane to follow ancient/classical history and expect racial purity.

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Expect racial purity in a show with dragons and zombies :dead:

Besides, GRRM pulls from a bunch of different events in history. Valyria is based on Rome. Ghis on Persia. The Free Cities on Greece/Renaissance Era Italy. Dothraki on the Mongols. These muthafukkas were not around at the same time :heh: King's Landing also feels more like Ancient Rome to me than Medieval London, since London was not a massive city in the Medieval era. That's him mashing up history again. The Targs speaking Valyrian in Westeros mirrors real life English kings speaking French at court while the bums spoke English. Robert's Rebellion is based on The Iliad (Greek shyt) as much as it is The War of the Roses (British shyt). If you watch alot of Ancient Greek/Roman/British documentaries, you can see where GRRM took alot of inspiration from...which is why he's not tripping about including other races in it because while British history was very white....you'd have to be insane to follow ancient/classical history and expect racial purity.
The people pushing that Velaryon shyt aren't even doing their due diligence as fans they just hopped on the next culture war argument

ASOIAF has no set standard races like our world because all these different cultural empires didn't exist at the same time IRL like in planetos
What grrm was trying to do was set precedent like valyrian features hair and eye color, common look ie iron born, northerners or dornish features are distinct enough that they have replaced skin color to a degree that characters will comment on someone being iron born or dornish through features transcending their skin color

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I asked this before but I forgot the answer.
How can this Civil War last for years and they
make a bunch of seasons out of this?
It's confusing me because all of the players are at
Kings Landing and Dragonstone correct?
It seems like this could've been settled over a weekend.
Book Readers without spoilers tell me how.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Sacrifice your wife for ultimately no reason brehs
She was most likely a goner anyway.

The baby wasn't coming out...

They could've atleast knocked her out with some opium while they cut through her..

I mean yes the baby probably would've been affected by the dosage of opium but gotdamn :damn:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
when Queen Who never Was and Lord Velayron were talm when the knights started killing each other...shows she maybe more shrewd and more knowledgeable on the status of Westeros and how the populace are feeling.

She was saying how they're (KNIGHTS)not really thorough because they haven't experienced a real war. And something was liable to pop off due to the knights being pent up and she said something like "pent up with seed" :mjlol:

I think Knights don't get laid often because they can't marry...and bedding whores isn't KNIGHT LIKE.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I asked this before but I forgot the answer.
How can this Civil War last for years and they
make a bunch of seasons out of this?
It's confusing me because all of the players are at
Kings Landing and Dragonstone correct?
It seems like this could've been settled over a weekend.
Book Readers without spoilers tell me how.
They really don't want rhaenrys as heir, they don't want daemon as heir, they setting something else up while they get daemon out the way

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don't sound as menacing.
I don't know what the new dragons sound like but they're supposed to be considerably less menacing than Dany's dragons

Targ dynasty dragons got smaller and less menacing over generations because they were heavily domesticated and held captive.

Dany's dragons roamed wild and had relatively no formal training. That's why they were so enormous and savage

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They really don't want rhaenrys as heir, they don't want daemon as heir, they setting something else up while they get daemon out the way
So the literal fighting doesn't last that long but the behind the scenes fighting for position takes up most of the story?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Power rises and falls for the houses, and at this time the Lannisters aren’t powerful. The most powerful houses during this era are the Velaryons, Hightowers, Baratheons and the Starks. That being said the Starks are rather divorced from the realm for much of the early history, yet powerful due to the sheer size and population of their territory.
Sorry but this is wrong breh.

At any given point in time, the Lannisters are probably a top three house in the realm, and I'm not saying the bottom two.

Armies/wealth who's challenging them except the Tyrells?

That's what made the Tywin dikkriding so annoying. His house always had the deck stacked in their favor.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
he a good man but good man do not make good kings.
That's not the lesson of the story breh.

It's more that good man =/= good king and bad man =/= bad king.

You're stating it as an absolute and that's definitely not what Martin wrote.

It varies.