Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:laff: :laff:

shyt was giving me the DJ Akademiks/Joe Budden/Migos fight vibes when that brehette pops up ready to enjoy the fukkery

giphy.gif
I never knew that’s where that gif came from:deadrose:

• Haha
Reactions: CJ

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The books are not a first person accounting, so no way they actually knew what was happening at these moments. It’s literally the same relationship we have with history. Aemond being shell shocked at losing control of his dragon makes perfect sense for the story being told as I’ve already laid out.

Even the “oops” trope in general…these people have been living in a time of great peace their entire lives. This is all knew to most of them. So it absolutely makes sense they’d be reluctant to mentally take the steps necessary for war and treason. A very different time than GOT which picks up not long after a full fledged rebellion plus the quashing of another (with the Greyjoys). It’s not crazy that Alicent, the “pious”, would need to feel like she’s doing the right thing. Which makes it not even really an “oops” moment. She DECIDES to interpret Viserys says in a way that supports what she wants. If you listen to what Viserys actually says it makes zero sense to interpret it the way Alicent does…

She knows damn well they never talked about their son Aegon having a dream about the North. She never even asked Aegon about it. She’s not a princess, so how could she be the Prince that was Promised? That’s not an oops moment, she was just looking for any reason to justify it to herself and her fragile sense of morality before she moves against who used to be her best friend. Literally no one else needed that justification, cuz no one even believes her.

HOTD ain’t GOT level; it’s made several blunders from a storytelling perspective. But there’s a difference between actual bad storytelling and being mad they’re not telling the story YOU want them to tell. Complain all you want, but this is what happened in HOTD. The thread would be so much better if you just got over it. :yeshrug:

I literally just learned about it, how am I gonna get over it already? I’m in this thread (not a book reader) seeing screen caps of what actually is said in the books. It’s not even close.

Yes they are willingly telling a different story and/or making final conclusions on what may or may not have happened.

What I’m saying is, I don’t particularly like these choices and wish they made it the other way. Like others have said. It’s trying to make everyone balanced and it’s just not clicking all the way. It feels forced and not natural

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I'm loving it so far. It's so dope reading about stuff like the construction of Kings landing, the first small council, the kingsguard, early alliances etc. It's a really nice backdrop / prologue to the entire series

Most chapters get right to the point of things as well, no wasted paragraphs/pages on the description of foods characters are about to eat like the main series did a bunch of times

You don’t like the page long descriptions about lemon cakes :gucci:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
That’s precisely what was said as the reasoning
The scale is too.wild though. I understand drogon being bigger due to this but a 8 year old is literally one of the biggest we've seen compared to dragons thay are decades old. Got went overboard w his size. If that's the case drogon difference to viserion and rhaegal should of been more drastic

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Daemon was about to. Plus Otto talks too spicy to allow him leave that placve alive. 2nd time on that bridge talking like he's the King. I wish Daemon was allowed to relieve him of his tongue.
Daemon is a habitual line stepper.

He beat up that messenger in the Step Stones even though he was from King’s Landing.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
When did Viserys and her talk about their son having a dream about trouble coming from the North? It’s pretty obvious what happened there.

Yea. She was just looking for a reason. Dude was delusional and all because they kept giving him that drink.

This is what she thought he was referring to.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

This is what she thought he was referring to.

It made no sense because it wasn’t even like her son is the only Aegon. Rhaenyra has a son with that name as well. She was just looking for a reason. She dead went off a delusional man telling her a dream he had on his death bed. Meanwhile he made it clear what he wanted earlier in that very same night while he was coherent.