Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm reading fire and blood now, I haven't got to the dance yet. I'm still reading about king Jahaerys reign, but nothing in this book is written as factual. The targaryen history is told by a maester and there's already been a couple of instances where the maester goes "most belive this happened but some believe etc etc"

When it comes to aemon and Luke, no one knows what happened during that fight. From what I read online, only a few common people from storms end saw the two dragons fighting in the sky and it was barely visible. No one truly knows how it went down, they only know what the history books say

I think it was a nice touch, I think aemon just wanted to punk his little nephew, maybe scar him, not necessarily kill him and his dragon. It is what it is. Next season people are just going to know that he killed Luke not that he screamed no and didn't mean to

is the book a good read so far?

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
is the book a good read so far?

Yea I'm loving it so far. It's so dope reading about stuff like the construction of Kings landing, the first small council, the kingsguard, early alliances etc. It's a really nice backdrop / prologue to the entire series

Most chapters get right to the point of things as well, no wasted paragraphs/pages on the description of foods characters are about to eat like the main series did a bunch of times

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Who he got to worry about? The strong boys? No challenge he said it himself
Maybe Daemon could give him some smoke but he seems like he's lost his mind to grief

I think Aemond is actually only 16 but so was Robb and Jon snow when GOT began

You are a man once you hit 14 in this show
I mean if you were paying attention, he clearly has to worry about controlling his old ass angry ass dragon.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Lucerys thought he was stuntin' with his baby lambo until Aemond pulled up with the big boy version :wow:

Those dragons looked amazing :whew:

Rhaenyra stays having fukked up child births :picard:

Rhaenyra and Daemon unleashed now :whoo:

Aemond fukked up BAD not being able to control Vhagar. Killed his nephew ...like THAT????

Rhaenyra bout to get the strap. Greens in trouble.

fist-fight-film-ice-cube.gif

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Aemond fukked up BAD not being able to control Vhagar. Killed his nephew ...like THAT????

Rhaenyra bout to get the strap. Greens in trouble.

fist-fight-film-ice-cube.gif

Like Viserys said, The idea they are in control of the dragons is an illusion. Luce also was not in control of his dragon. Its almost akin to chasing a kid riding a bike with your car and wonder how you managed to kill him after you crashed into him.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Possibly some of the greatest visual scenes ever In a show or movie with the dragons flying this episode. The atmosphere and sounds were amazing. If was cool to notice little things like the kid looking back over his shoulder nervous in the beginning or how every rider has their own style of ridding that fits their personality.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The more I think about the Aemond and Luke chase and “the idea that we control the dragons is an illusion” theme, the more I like it.

David Lightbringer had a good take on it that I mostly agree with

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
it's weird to think the budget for this is less than the LOTR show...

the CGI weirdly looks more "realistic" idk if they use more practical effects or what... but i prefer the look of this show. LOTR had some cool shyt, but in general it felt like fake clear CGI at certain points.

dragons look soooo much better in this show than the ones in GOT did too.
I read on twitter that they used real dragons for the final ep so that’s probably why
:troll:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Balerion. He was much bigger than Vhagar and was the oldest dragon to have lived thats known. A horse with a rider atop it is said to be able to fit in its mouth without touching teeth or something to that degree. He was a little over 200 years old when he died. Aegon the Conqueror rode him. He was also the only dragon that was alive when they left Valyria.

Probably why Viserys was so scared of Dragons is because he got to ride the biggest, oldest most powerful one to have ever lived in what we know as Westeros...when it was at its weakest/dying and it still put the fear of god in him.
Vhaegar came over and was ridden by one of Aegon’s sisters/wives. The other sister/wife had a dragon as well but it was killed by the Dornish if I remember correctly.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Very close. Vermithor is smaller than Vhagar but, he's still big. Rhaenys rides Meraxes, which you can see is big too.

Arrax however (who Vhagar killed) was a baby basically.

FanlnsRWIAAwNk8.jpg:large
Who tf is "the last dragon"

I thought dany's 3 were the last of them