Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
2PZKOXb.gif

LMAO @ everybody saying this. You're just gonna go back to Dragonstone like "nobody was home :hubie:"?

:pachaha:
going back to dragonstone like "they had godzilla on the porch :unimpressed: yal got me fukked up"

Last edited:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Where are you seeing this? All I saw on Twitter were replies pissed off at daemon for touching her
I just did a Twitter dive and there's a range of sentiment.

What I did see a lot of was anger at the writers for inconsistent writing and assassination of Daemon's character.

But they've missed the point of Daemon just like years ago many missed the point of Daenerys.

They're extremely violent people who take brutal actions against their foes.

It works when it happens to people we don't like or "have it coming" but actions make habits and habits build homes.

So just like people missed the point of Daenerys burning down Kingslanding, they missed the point of Daemon choking his wife last night.

These aren't good people who are a bit lost and misguided.

This is what they've been doing, and you just don't like it when it's aimed at the characters you do like.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
"you have baratheon blood from your grandmother rhaenys"

:stopitslime:

Rhaenyra is going to hell.
:mjlol:

:wow:

Soooooo.......they both lost control of they dragons. They don't have a manual or dragon riding classes? They don't have dragon obedient school? They couldn't watch them How to train your dragon movies?

Vhaegar wasn't gonna let that lil nikka pop on him and not get his lick back :pacspit:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
"you have baratheon blood from your grandmother rhaenys"

:stopitslime:

Rhaenyra is going to hell.
:mjlol:
Lied right to that boys face.

This whole show is a twisted mirror of GOT and its setup.

Only this time we're supposed to root for the cuckolding queen vs the dutiful queen and her trueborn children.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think you're right, but it doesn't make a difference to me either way tbh.

But the 2 queens trying to avoid war is part of my irritation with them trying to paint everyone grey. They should've just had Rhae saying, fukk all that, call the banners, and not used the shoddy 'misunderstanding' trope for Alicent to push the coup. It would've been better if Aemond and Luke weren't both yelling "no dragon, no!" at the same time during the biggest moment in the entire season so far. They could have at least had Aemond saying "oh well" with a smirk or something at the end. Dude just ran down a little kid on his giant murder lizard and we're supposed to think he was like "Oh no, I accidently killed him with my giant dragon! Whoops!"
It just frustrates me that everything is laid out as a 'series of unfortunate events' that characters get roped into, instead of people just being decisively shytty or good. Otto and Daemon seem to be the only ones who stick to their guns.

It wasn't a misunderstanding. Alicent is literally taking it as the king's dying wish to install Aegon as king. But also remember, an Rhaenys explained this to Alicent. Women are NOT empowered to be decision makers in Westeros. As she said "why don't YOU want the throne, why give it to your ain't shyt son?"
Alicent and to a certain extent Rhaneyra are all subject to the wills of MEN. So when Alicent thinks that the king wants his SON to follow him...she runs with it. When Rhae dares to show restraint, in opposition to her uncle/husband, she gets hemmed up for it. AND SHE A QUEEN.

Also, the foreshadowing of Dragons being not truly controllable has been set up. Besides that, remember that all of the kids are basically teenagers besides Aegon. If you've never had a tiff with your siblings and cousins then i don't know what to tell you. But that's in line with how immature people behave. Not to mention everything about Aemond says he has a mean streak, but he's NEVER been positioned as a kinslayer. He even still refers to Jace and Luke as "nephew". Dude is salty about his eye, but he's never been portrayed as a pure evil man. Hell if anything Daemon is more diabolical than Aemond has ever been.

Lastly, that IS how most things happen with war and history. It's very rarely some carefully intricate plot. Most times, its a sole actor jumping up and doing something without understanding the consequences. Otto and Daemon can be that way because they have DECADES of political/war experience. You see that in the past two episodes. While everyone else is freaking out, Daemon instantly goes into general mode and Otto starts politiking. That's what natural leaders do. Doesn't mean they are always correct but that is what they do.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
When he saw that big ass dragon he should have gone home :francis:
Nah, he should've claimed guest rite and stayed the night.

"You will host me I'm sure, so I can acquaint myself with your lovely daughters my lord? I might not be free to wed but we've many relatives who would be privileged to match with the might of Storm's End."

Stay until Aemond leaves n then fly back safely + with a potential alliance to seal his support.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Nah, he should've claimed guest rite and stayed the night.

"You will host me I'm sure, so I can acquaint myself with your lovely daughters my lord? I might not be free to wed but we've many relatives who would be privileged to match with the might of Storm's End."

Stay until Aemond leaves n then fly back safely + with a potential alliance to seal his support.

Aemond would have done the same thing. He's got years on Luke and would have seen that from a mile away. And who are the Baratheons to deny not one but TWO princes? But would little homie have LIVED? IDK, maybe.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Aemond would have done the same thing. He's got years on Luke and would have seen that from a mile away. And who are the Baratheons to deny not one but TWO princes? But would little homie have LIVED? IDK, maybe.

Baratheons not letting anything go down in his crib. He already said that. He could have hosted both of them and kept them apart and secured easily.