Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
is that how it happened in the book? Dragon didnt listen to Aemond? am i allowed to ask that question? :lupe:
In the book, Aemond means to kill Luke. So how did you decide to shift it to an accident instead?

Historians have told us that Aemond intended to kill Luke, but I don’t think any of them could purport to know what was going on in Aemond’s head the time. And I would also dispute the word “accident” a bit. I mean, Aemond got on his giant dragon and chased his nephew on his much smaller dragon through the clouds screaming and yelling at him, incensing his dragon and starting a fight. He didn’t know how Arrax or Luke were going to respond, and it ended in tragedy. I don’t think that was what Aemond intended when he threw his leg over the saddle, but he did a horrible, dangerous thing. That is the point: This is a war of many cuts that lead to a really, really bloody wound. It adds complexity and nuance to the character that’s potentially interesting. There’s lots of runway to go on with Aemond as a character and the story of the Dance. This is his first act as a dragon rider and a warrior and it’s gone very wrong. Now what happens as a result, and how does he respond? Those are the questions I’m interested in as dramatist.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
In the book, Aemond means to kill Luke. So how did you decide to shift it to an accident instead?

Historians have told us that Aemond intended to kill Luke, but I don’t think any of them could purport to know what was going on in Aemond’s head the time. And I would also dispute the word “accident” a bit. I mean, Aemond got on his giant dragon and chased his nephew on his much smaller dragon through the clouds screaming and yelling at him, incensing his dragon and starting a fight. He didn’t know how Arrax or Luke were going to respond, and it ended in tragedy. I don’t think that was what Aemond intended when he threw his leg over the saddle, but he did a horrible, dangerous thing. That is the point: This is a war of many cuts that lead to a really, really bloody wound. It adds complexity and nuance to the character that’s potentially interesting. There’s lots of runway to go on with Aemond as a character and the story of the Dance. This is his first act as a dragon rider and a warrior and it’s gone very wrong. Now what happens as a result, and how does he respond? Those are the questions I’m interested in as dramatist.
That was basically my point before, you don't chase him down unless you're intending to kill him. Such a weird decision.

His explanation for why it was shown as an accident is close to D&D levels. Making it a "whoopsy daisy" doesn't automatically make Aemond nuanced or complex. Like @dora_da_destroyer was saying, it looks like their cheap attempt to make complex characters ala GOT.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
it's weird to think the budget for this is less than the LOTR show...

the CGI weirdly looks more "realistic" idk if they use more practical effects or what... but i prefer the look of this show. LOTR had some cool shyt, but in general it felt like fake clear CGI at certain points.

dragons look soooo much better in this show than the ones in GOT did too.

:mjlol: THE DRAGONS LOOKED
TERRIBLE IN THIS EPISODE.

WHAT YALL BE WATCHING
THIS shyt ON?

:devil:
:evil: