Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
me at the fighting in this thread

26fed4acaa48ca9545268c8d5410276fb2434421.gifv

753a9f8ef8d64713b9837ef8ef3865e55ba72a83.gifv

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
I understand why the queen that never was wouldnt kill Aegon and co right there. She would have killed not only Aegon but several of her kin and the high septon who is essentially the pope in front of hundreds of witnesses

Could've conveyed that alil better...or held off on her fully backing Rhanera

But so I'm also to be believe she wasnt spotted in her armor prior and that the dragons werent heavily guarded

Feels rushed and cheap

Also the dying wish trope ... didnt like that. Man was obviously not in his right mind. But I guess who is in this universe

Does any of this happen in the books?

But otherwise entertaining ep

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're not paying enough attention. When she flew to King's Landing, the Hightowers were trying to not only hijack the throne, but trying to do it by giving HER land away. So it made all the sense that she would 1. Ride her dragon there 2. Ride over with her armor.

When dragons land at the castle, they go to the dragon pit. Doesn't matter what Lambo you pull up in, it's going in the garage.. And you don't come around smelling like dragon, as we saw in the first ep, so you'd probably take your armor off and leave it there with your dragon...

So all she did was run downstairs to the garage and get her armor out the coat room and her dragon out of level 4, section D.

What's really stupid is putting a pit full of dragons underneath a stadium. That's like putting 10 T-Rex's under Yankee Stadium in 1918
She was locked in her bedroom in just a nightgown and hastily rushed out of it in a cloak. From then on until the dragon appears she's stuck getting pushed around in a massive crowd. There was no time or opportunity for any of what you wrote. That entire thing was logistically impossible.

Just shytty writing to "subvert expectations" keeping that GOT s8 energy alive and well.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

AND WHY DID HE HATE OTTO
AND VIEW THE HIGHTOWERS
AS AN ENEMY TO HIS FAMILY
AT THAT POINT IN THE STORY?

HAD shyt TO DO WITH
HIS FAMILY.
OTTO WAS THE HAND
OF HIS GRANDFATHER
AND NO ENEMY OF THE TARGS.

OTTO NEVER APPROVED OF HIM
AS HEIR NOR HAVING
A SEAT AT THE HIGH COUNCIL.

HE LITERALLY ONLY
CAME BACK TO MARRY RHAE
JUST TO GET CLOSE TO THE
THRONE AGAIN...

IF RHAE WAS A BOY HE
WOULD HAVE MURDERED HIM
ON THAT BRIDGE WITH THE EGG.

HE DOESNT LOVE HER
AND NEVER LOVED HIS BROTHER.
IE SITTING ON THE THRONE,
CELEBRATING THE DEATH OF
VISVERYS SON.

DOESNT GIVE A fukk
ABOUT HIS DAUGHTERS EITHER.

HE WOULD KILL OTTOS
GRANDSONS WITH NO HESITATION...

PROBABLY GONNA KILL RHAES b*stardS TO PUT HIS
SONS IN LINE AND MAYBE
EVENTUALLY KILL RHAE HIMSELF
IF SHE COMES TO POWER.
:devil:
:evil:

If any of this is a spoiler, we going head up
She was locked in her bedroom in just a nightgown and hastily rushed out of it in a cloak. From then on until the dragon appears she's stuck getting pushed around in a massive crowd. There was no time or opportunity for any of what you wrote. That entire thing was logistically impossible.

Just shytty writing to "subvert expectations" keeping that GOT s8 energy alive and well.
we literally see her run to the stairs which directly lead to the dragon pit under the stadium they were in

What time? She was there. The dragon was there. She went downstairs and got it and her armor during the coronation

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don’t think it’s that serious

you are talking about shyt being logistically impossible in a show with magic dragons. Maybe she ran down there and slipped on her armor which might have been next to where she parked the dragon. I dunno….

But it’s not worth overthinking lol

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I don’t think it’s that serious

you are talking about shyt being logistically impossible in a show with magic dragons. Maybe she ran down there and slipped on her armor which might have been next to where she parked the dragon. I dunno….

But it’s not worth overthinking lol
I think that's the obvious answer.

There was no reason for her to burst through the floor and have that dumb stare down, but the armor, and her being under the coronation makes perfect sense.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If word gets out that Alicent starred down a dragon on some jon snow ish and Rhaenys flew away like a bytch
Its gonna be Alicent is a GOD personified to all the realm

I don't see how the blacks will win the PR side of this war with how Aegon is getting cheered to.

That's why its a dumb moment too
Rhaenys show of mercy was supposed to be taken as incredible kindness and grace but at the same time it can be flipped to make her look like the worst person ever from everyone there
It only benefits her own personal character
why make her do something like that

She legit killed more people than anyone else has in the show up til now and she is going to side with Rhaenyra
They are gonna be looked at as pure evil by the smallfolk

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Irl knights used mauls/flails/maces/hammers/poleaxes more because they did vastly better against armor, whereas swords forced you to aim at joints and flaps or resort to half handing it, which means you're in close.

When there's a whole hierarchy of weapons and swords are on the bottom next to hoes and pitchforks, why would I rate that highly?

I dont think swords are a the way at the bottom breh. Maybe a b*stard sword or a regular longsword but there are some REALLY usefull swords out there. The Spanish Montante/Zweihander swords were huge weapons that could clear out whole columns. One Spankard held down a bridge and killed 500 French soldiers IN REAL.LIFE with one of those. The Scottish Claymore is crazy as well.

Id personally have this as my top historical weapons

1 Spear/Pike/Polearm tied
2 Warhammer/Axe tied
3 Giant Swords like I mentioned
4 Smaller Swords like a Roman gladius
5 Daggers
6 Gimmick weapons like a Whip or Flail

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
Gonna be a little miffed if Ser Harold doesn't appear this week. He's the LC of Kingsguard, if he was to join Rhaenyra it would only add to her legitimacy. Besides, Graham Mactavish is a superb actor.