Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo @hex @CHICAGO

I could be wrong but I feel like this is a form of dry snitching. :jbhmm:

Now yall correct me if I'm wrong... but I did not know nothing was going down in the rain nor did I want to know. I would have preferred to be totally shocked but now when I watch next week I will be looking for something to happen in the rain scene.

It isn't an outright spoiler but it is close.

I'll let the coli decide tho, if yall say he's cool, he's cool :yeshrug:

Kinda a grey area but I see what you mean.

People did the same thing with The Red Wedding. "Just wait until you see a wedding!"....even though they didn't explicitly say a spoiler, you're gonna expect something any time a wedding comes up.

Fred.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah we aren't gonna agree.. this show has been way better than the last two seasons of GoT
Not by much.

The reality is that the only thing keeping House of the Dragon afloat right now is

1. The acting is great, even if the characters are meh.
2. The name recognition of being connected to Game of Thrones.
3. Maybe the music. I dunno.

But these characters are not very interesting yet. And hell, I argue that even the cinematography is behind Rings of Power.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Not by much.

The reality is that the only thing keeping House of the Dragon afloat right now is

1. The acting is great, even if the characters are meh.
2. The name recognition of being connected to Game of Thrones.
3. Maybe the music. I dunno.

But these characters are not very interesting yet. And hell, I argue that even the cinematography is behind Rings of Power.

Very unpopular opinion and you have already showed your hand in the Rings of Power thread. You've been stanning that show and have made a bunch of baseless comparisons.

i haven't stanned either show.. i've enjoyed both for different reasons.

The characters are interesting. Otto and Alicient alone are more interesting than any character in Rings of Power so far

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
what an amazing episode

the only thing I didnt like, was what made GoT so amazing in the first place was no one was safe from plot armor, which is what to me ruined season 7 and 8 ultimately.

This all could of been ended by having the dragon eat Aegon or Alicent or Otto.

But all this just to flex ? Cool scene, amazing episode, but she could killed Alicent right then and there and didnt :jbhmm: or otto :jbhmm: or anyone she wanted :jbhmm:
I read somewhere else that killing family is a huge sin in GOT.

Even Larys did it by proxy. Otto was trying to get the Kingsguard do it. Not by his own hand.

Plus Alicent foreshadowing “ Reluctance to murder isn’t a weakness.” And I don’t think it’s in Rhaenys’ character to murder a whole family without an order from a ruler.

Daemon only sliced Vaemond after Viserys called for his tongue.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The show is great, but I keep seeing these hand waving plot moments that don't make sense. They give me GOT Season 8 vibes.

Why did Daemon's first wife Rhea kill herself? Daemon wasn't going to commit to the C-section.
When Varys has his dad and brother killed, why is Otto reinstated as Hand? Isn't there some other smart motherfukker Viserys could've picked other than the previous Hand that he saw as conniving and untrustworthy?
Why wouldn't this chick off the whole family and spare Westeros a civil war? You could even ignore this dilemma by just having her escape with no contact.

Not trying to nitpick.
they said the baby won’t come out. You do realize that’s not an option for a woman to live with :gucci:

She would’ve either died laboring, died from the c-section, or died from infection of a dead decaying baby stuck inside of her…life was not an option. Leana went out on her own terms

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
People are online talking about “oh Criston Cole is the worst now!”

Really? He’s a dikk. Sure. But is he anything like Ramsey Bolton or King Joffrey?

Please…
I think people are annoyed with his motivations. He's acting the way he is because he got turned down by a college freshman. Ser Simpsalot is not as bad as Ramsay or Joffery but He's heading in that direction.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very unpopular opinion and you have already showed your hand in the Rings of Power thread. You've been stanning that show and have made a bunch of baseless comparisons.

The characters are interesting. Otto and Alicient alone are more interesting than any character in Rings of Power so far
"Showed your hand?"

You mean = gave my opinion?
Yes. That's exactly what I'm doing.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
xm8lesgt0du91.png

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

The two shows can't be compared. They're two totally different things in the fantasy genre.