Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
what an amazing episode

the only thing I didnt like, was what made GoT so amazing in the first place was no one was safe from plot armor, which is what to me ruined season 7 and 8 ultimately.

This all could of been ended by having the dragon eat Aegon or Alicent or Otto.

But all this just to flex ? Cool scene, amazing episode, but she could killed Alicent right then and there and didnt :jbhmm: or otto :jbhmm: or anyone she wanted :jbhmm:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Alright just watched this shyt .. completely forgot .. was watching the eagles game.. so why the fukk didn’t this bytch and her dragon just murk these muhfukkaz at the end? I feel like this was the only time they’ll ever get a chance to have em all in one place
thats what im saying !

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm curious if that's how it played out in the book because it seemed pointless for Rhaneys to have her dragon right there ready to kill all of green set and then not do it.
It’s not. The writers literally just wanted to give her a moment and I’m fine with that. It introduces that she’s actually a player with the dragons tho. Like having dragons ain’t for show, everyone who has one can get busy. That’s partially why they kidnapped her in the first place.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
200.gif

this man just said Lord Caswell hung himself.. can someone ban this guy from this thread? Theirs a difference between a lil misunderstanding of a scene and this fukking complete retard just taking every scene of this entire series out of context

I’m hoping he’s trolling in an attempt to show how “committed” he is to defending the greens lmao

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Can someone explain to me why ma'am didnt just murk those insurrectionists with her Dragon? Did I miss something earlier in the episode because it doesnt make any sense to me.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
are they trying to play up that Alicient knows she’s lying about the kings last wishes. Like she’s unsure what he mesnt but making a statement of fact? Or is that face she makes everytime someone brings it up, just her embarrassment of how outlandish the claim sounds?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Can someone explain to me why ma'am didnt just murk those insurrectionists with her Dragon? Did I miss something earlier in the episode because it doesnt make any sense to me.
Showrunners said she couldn’t do to Alicent what happened to her.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
complex and stupid

before it was about rhae and her claim 'existing' being the fear needed to motivate alicent to be a bytch. now? she's just floundering in every direction at once. otto is a genius until he isn't. its goofy. no one has any consistent agency in this ep.

i think you're writing for them tbh

last time we saw vicerys it was first time off the poppy in god knows how long, he collapsed and had to be helped to throne, and he just passed out again at dinner. how does the kings hand NOT around the clock watch on that shyt :russ: the actual heir ain't even around - this is supposed to be a layup not 30 minutes of going door to door in buddy teams and meeting daemon's old thot like who dis
I think Alicent was war ready up the dinner the night her husband actually died.

She saw what he wanted, understood that it was just a peaceful realm with his family united and she saw Rhaenyra extend an olive branch as well, at that same dinner.

Then he dies after telling her what his wishes are(from her perspective).

She still believes in team Green supremacy but she doesn't think it has to go to the knives.
And her husband died and I think in those years together, even in her unhappiness she kinda started to care about him, if not love him in a sense.

So imo it's not inconsistent characterization but her operating from a place of grief and loss, while trying to minimize the bloodshed because she's currently emotionally bereft.

She's not a complete monster like Cersei was, she was moreso what a season 1 Sansa would've been, had she married a weak king herself.
Bound in uprightness and duty, probably intensely unhappy but not willing to change the world due to it. Sansa wouldn't have raised a son like Aegon though.

Stark blood is leagues beyond Lizard-lover trash.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
its not about aegon as a character. its how clumsily all these events were thrown together

why does otto, a guy who's literally met mysaria before when he had a direct confrontation with daemon somehow come to the point where he's asking her where his grandson is on the day he's wagered everything on

he's shown to have an information network in the past, but somehow not only does he not know of her being back in KL but he's also forced to meet her in the open to get access to *her* information to find his heir - who is stuffed into some cubbyhole in the middle of a horribly conspicuous building

this was worse than some of the season 8 shyt the more i think about it lol...
Yeah some of this ish was done because of plots sake and not consistent characterization.

Like, a kingsguard wouldn't just be standing around the Red Keep when the firstborn prince is out on a jaunt in the city.
That's just not done.
And tbh, as Aegon is a man there's no reason he'd order his guard away as it's not like he's his babysitter and an authority figure, so that's contrivance number one.

Number two, is why would Criston be in the Small council chambers?

He's not Lord Commander, Ser Westerling(Robb's wife's greatgreatgreat grand-uncle) is and only the Lord Commander is part of the council.

Cole should've been outside standing guard at the doors.

Number three, why would someone try to sneak Rhaenys out wearing kingsguard armor?
That's probably some of the most conspicuous armor you can wear, and the dragon cloaks should've seen and been on them like fleas on a dog dikk.

Number four, Mysara has the worst accent I've ever heard on television. I heard people complain before and I thought they were being nitpicky but jeez in an extended conversation she flowed through like eight different geographic regions, all while they're speaking with a mouthful of pebbles.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

there’s no real explanation imo although I’ve seen a few shoehorn attempts…just seems like they decided it’d make for a cool and “powerful” scene since there’s no way one can sneak off on dragonback…but there is absolutely no sense in her essentially declaring war then sparing the very ppl she’ll be at war with…I just decided to suspend disbelief and will just look at it as her doing the “honorable” thing despite her killing hundreds of innocents…plus the show would be over if she did kill everyone up there lmao

…but if she were to kill them all there’d be no real repercussion that they couldn’t get past…all involved on that stage were traitors…some houses would hold her in mind for her actions but ultimately they’d lose if they chose to go to war behind it…bcuz she would’ve already taken out their most powerful enemy in one swoop

Last edited:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cole been fukking alicent for 20 years if it isnt obvious :gucci:
Nah.

Their energy is "the queen and her knight" where the point is an unrequited love between the two.

If they reveal they've been knocking boots all along, that'd be a huge mistake imo.

They work better when fulfilling the expectations of the other.

Alicent is the dutiful, innocent queen who needs a strong arm in her corner, that's Cole.
Cole is the honorable, loyal knight who needs a beacon to guide him through the darkness of court, that's Alicent.

Remember how he spouted that "all women are to be revered as images of the Maiden/Mother" to Aemond as they were looking for Aegon?

That's why he hates Rhaenyra so much.

She helped sully him and his honor, then went on to greater misdeeds as in cuckoldry and murder.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
was watching my birds shyt on dallas and just got here. weakest episode by far.

last scene was absolutely fukking retarded. Rhaenys just murdered hundreds if not a thousand innocent people just so they can have a yas kween dragon moment. This is who we're supposed to believe should have been Queen? Wasn't she just talking with alicent about how women's roles were to keep men from doing savage or unhinged things or something? like dawg :mjlol:

they better hold this bytch accountable nikka. because what the fukk
Alicent / #TeamGreen: **holds Rhaenys and her dragon hostage and start a coup**

Rhaenys
: **shows mercy and doesn’t kill those that held her hostage, because they’re related and she doesn’t want the kinslayer stamp on her name in history. Rescues big ass dragon from dragon pit who kills some innocent people in the proces of escaping.**

Y’all: Rhaenys just murdered hundreds if not a thousand innocent people just so they can have a yas kween dragon moment.”
Victim Blaming 101 :scust::mjlol:
19181-FFB-F014-4116-8444-0588-F95-FC930.jpg

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Number three, why would someone try to sneak Rhaenys out wearing kingsguard armor?
That's probably some of the most conspicuous armor you can wear, and the dragon cloaks should've seen and been on them like fleas on a dog dikk.

bruh I thought I was going crazy…it was bugging me that no one even looked in his direction