Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Daps
She been good with me :obama:

b539add01bea06a42b899bd3869290e106d29954.jpg

Is this why we're called Team Black, y'all? :patrice:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
how the hell would otto know what trimester that woman was at a glance from across the bridge :dead: he didn't confirm anything at all. its been a loose end ever since lmao. this is what i mean, its entertaining but beyond that this gets real shallow quick. perfect example is framing this knight commander situation around JUST this episode. its not the first time or even the second there's been friction there.

there is nothing condescending about what im saying other than the fact some of yal are filling in the gaps at your leisure despite how this ep was thrown together based on everyone being stupid exactly when they needed to be.

lets go again at that logic, if you've made the play to have the lannister/treasury on your team in preparation for this day *and* you know the kingsguard are split after alicent pulled a knife out showing everyone that cole was on a different time than the rest, why leave a single kingsguard you can't trust to watch aegon? its a plan, but its not. otto is seen clearly directing maesters to never change treatment and keep the king addled for years playing the long game, but he's not the first to know the king is dead. he's able to direct security throughout the castle and city, but not enough to guard a dragon.

this whole tangent about mysaria 'working' for daemon? i never said that. i said she's associated with the guy otto hates, but i don't understand why you would think otto wouldn't want her under watch or even put to the payroll directly as anything to potentially stay ahead of daemon would be seen as useful. it makes zero sense for otto of all people to dismiss her. for her to become the premier info broker under his nose in KL too? nah

"just a whore" doesn't work - there's been whole seasons on how much damage and info a whore is worth. this is the first ep where there was so much stupid that i couldn't even talk myself into it anymore lol...
You're accusing me of filling in gaps at my leisure, but you just invented Otto's spy network, Otto beeng seen "clearly directing" maesters not to change treatment, and his supreme knowledge of what the allegience of each lord and king's guard is before the coup. Do you think Otto went around and asked everyone "If I commit treason and we throw a coup, would you be on my side?" Obviously it was a matter he kept close to the vest. He didn't even tell his own daughter, the Queen.

Otto is not the only one in charge. The king and the queen regent are shot callers as well. Otto didn't just have free reign to do whatever he wants, and everyone must listen to him. The king is who the realm is sworn to, that's the entire reason they're pulling out that flimsy "on his deathbed he changed his mind" justification.

Otto didn't even know about her rise to power. How was he supposed to know she was building herself up as a spymaster while he was banished to Oldtown? He just found out when he met her for the second time in this episode. Why would he come back to King's Landing and try to track down Daemon's whore from a decade ago? Stop dodging the question with "why wouldn't he", and just answer why he would.

My guy, I really can't anymore. You are dumb as hell. Someone please insert that DMX gif @itsyoung!! posted a few days back :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You're accusing me of filling in gaps at my leisure, but you just invented Otto's spy network, Otto beeng seen "clearly directing" maesters not to change treatment, and his supreme knowledge of what the allegience of each lord and king's guard is before the coup. Do you think Otto went around and asked everyone "If I commit treason and we throw a coup, would you be on my side?" Obviously it was a matter he kept close to the vest. He didn't even tell his own daughter, the Queen.

Otto is not the only one in charge. The king and the queen regent are shot callers as well. Otto didn't just have free reign to do whatever he wants, and everyone must listen to him. The king is who the realm is sworn to, that's the entire reason they're pulling out that flimsy "on his deathbed he changed his mind" justification.

Otto didn't even know about her rise to power. How was he supposed to know she was building herself up as a spymaster while he was banished to Oldtown? He just found out when he met her for the second time in this episode. Why would he come back to King's Landing and try to track down Daemon's whore from a decade ago? Stop dodging the question with "why wouldn't he", and just answer why he would.

My guy, I really can't anymore. You are dumb as hell. Someone please insert that DMX gif @itsyoung!! posted a few days back :mjlol:
you're really doubling down on otto not having spies of all things? :russ: no wonder you missed the maester tampering. knight commander being WOAT flew right by you too then

the point you're making about mysaria isn't even a point lol... "why would you want more information about the most volatile individual in westeros?" "why would you want to know who all your informants spread info to"

and if alicent didn't say anything about the king's last words, those plans to install aegon were already there lmao. talking about free reign... she didn't even know the extent to the plans laid out even though she was the catalyst. otto has been the most powerful person in kings landing by far ever since he got back.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Larys killed the strongs on his own for his own benefit. He is a Strong so now he controls the house

That was nothing to do with team green even Alicent is horrified about it
The man hanging lord caswell killed himself because he wanted to support rhaenyra not aegon but was forced to bend the knee. Not the same thing as the open and wanton murder that you see Daemon and that side get up to

Otto wants to kill all the rival claimants to Aegon's rule there is no half measures with him on this
Alicent doesn't want Rhaenyra or anyone killed

Team Green is presented as a nuanced faction with people of differing opinions on action and ruling

Team Black so far has not been presented like that
200.gif

this man just said Lord Caswell hung himself.. can someone ban this guy from this thread? Theirs a difference between a lil misunderstanding of a scene and this fukking complete retard just taking every scene of this entire series out of context

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
But the point wasn't to be cool and I appreciated that.
What was the point then? Killing probably a hundred innocent people just to literally fly off right after?

That ish was like if in Predator Arnold has the alien down and dead to rights with his team still alive, and rather than taking the chance to kill the alien he decides to hit a bodybuilder pose and then walk away.