Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Am I the only one who doesn't really care about having dragons and magic? I just want my political intrigue.

we're in the minority cause most folks just want violence, sex, and dragons

but also I've never been into sci-fi like that...I'm not intrigued by Lord of the rings or Harry Potter or any of that type of shyt

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It is quite impressive how popular this show is, especially when you consider how they fukked up the ending of the OG GOT.
I think this is a good example of how people too close to something can end up blinded to things casual fans enjoy. The general consensus online about GoT's finale was that it was trash, no one liked it, the show was dead, no one would watch it or care again etc. Flip side my parents, who are casual fans (not the most knowledgeable, not up to date on everything but simply loved the show), really liked the finale. They loved the entire last season. Their favorite GoT ep was the Long Night one with the battle. And now they love HOTD.

Dragons, political intrigue, big battles, and twists. Doesn't matter that there is no Arya/Jon/Dany/etc type character on this show that wins over most viewers. I figured the show would be popular but I certainly didn't expect it to be this big.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Saw this somewhere. Namesake parallels are interesting.

209340394968.jpg

250px-HBOGolden_Crown.png

invalid

Banned
Daps
Can someone explain to me the logic behind the behavioral development of Alicent's children?

Seems to be a major plot hole to me.

Aegon and Aemond seem to have that deranged trait like Joffrey. But how did they get there? Alicent is pious and Viscerys is studious. Both have balanced personalities.

Compared to Rhaeneyra's children, who all are normal?

If anything, the behaviors should flipped. With Laenor galavanting off with his lover, in and out of the picture, with whispers of them being b*stards, it seems like the Strong children would've acted out more? And because Laenor was not around, they would not have had a strong disciplinarian figure in place to check them.

But Alicent's children are the sexual deviants and soon-to-be be killers? I'm not seeing the progression.

And I'm not seeing the mad Targaryen trait angle because Viscerys was not crazy and neither was his uncle or whoever the King was before him.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Can someone explain to me the logic behind the behavioral development of Alicent's children?

Aegon and Aemond seem to have that deranged trait like Joffrey. But how did they get there? Alicent is pious and Viscerys is studious. Both have balanced personalities.

If anything, the behaviors should flipped. With Laenor galavanting off with his lover, in and out of the picture, with whispers of them being b*stards, it seems like the Strong children would've acted out more? And because Laenor was not around, they would not have had a strong disciplinarian figure in place to check them.

But Alicent's children are the sexual deviants and soon-to-be be killers? I'm not seeing the progression.

And I'm not seeing the mad Targaryen trait angle because Viscerys was not crazy and neither was his uncle or whoever the King was before him.

AEGON IS THE MALE
VERSION OF HIS SISTER RHAE.
DEGENERATES WHO WERE ALLOWED
TO RUN WILD BY VISCERYS.

AEMOND LOST AN EYE AT 8 YRS OLD
AND HAS BEEN TRAINED TO BE
A WARRIOR ALL HIS LIFE.
MORE LIKE HIS UNCLE DAEMON
WHO KILLS SOMEONE EVERY
EPISODE.
:devil:
:evil:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

Its been theorized that the King doesnt claim them like Rhaeneyra...plus Alicent didnt have a mother growing up. Her Mama died. So Rhae maybe a ho...bjt she a good mama.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Barristan Selmy tells Daenerys that he heard that originally from Jaehaerys (II).

‘I am no maester to quote history at you, Your Grace. Swords have been my life, not books. But every child knows that the Targaryens have always danced too close to madness. Your father was not the first. King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land.
- Storm of Swords

Madness runs doesn’t have to present in every generation. It just pops up.

Also, Alicent lost her mother at a young age and was forced to marry by her conniving father. I’m guessing she didn’t receive much rearing herself, so she couldn’t impart any real wisdom or guidance.
Her eldest son is running around r*ping maids while Rhaenyra’s is taking his studies seriously. 🤷🏾‍♀️

letti cook

Superstar
Daps

Viserys doesn't even aknowledge them kids and he was sickly before they were even born....and Alicent...look at her interactions with them...she's been miserable as a mother since they were toddlers...those kids have no guidance or love from either of them...

meanwhile, Rhae been active and nurturing to her children....Harwin was there as a father figure then they got Daemon once Laenor left

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Targaryen madness isn't really a thing if you look at the total history of their house and family. It's like 4 or 5 people in the entire 300+ year period of Targaryen Westerosi history as having gone mad. But the same can be said for other houses. And it's not like it's present in every generation. Jaehaerys had 9 living kids and none of them were "insane." Aegon and his sister wives weren't insane. Their first son Aenys wasn't insane. They have good and bad family members like every other house. Some of them indeed go mad but it's almost always because of trauma of some kind that could send anyone off the deep end. Even The Mad King Areys was normal for most of his life but went through two very traumatic experiences over a long period of time that led him down the road of madness.

The flip a coin thing was emphasized more in the show as setup for Dany, but the truth is its not a 50/50 flip on Targaryen madness. It's moreso any given Targaryen ruler has the chance to be a tyrant or just, and since they have dragons, the tyrant has the power of burning entire kingdoms to the ground if he so pleases. So the realm is constantly on edge because they never know if their next dragon overload will be kind of cruel. But even if a Targaryen uses their dragon to wipe out entire houses, that's not necessarily madness. Tywin did that to house Rayne and almost did it to House Stark and no one considers him insane.

Last edited: