Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Jards

All Star
Daps
That's why I said instead of the time they chose for GOT they should have done Robert's Rebellion straight out the gate. HBO was tripping with that decision.
Trust. Robert’s Rebellion would do NUMBERS.
This makes no sense to be honest - why would HBO greenlight a series for period in time that a bunch of novels that they’ve never made a series for references? They didn’t even know if GOT was going to be successful - in fact it only really started doing major numbers from seasons 3 and 4….

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This makes no sense to be honest - why would HBO greenlight a series for period in time that a bunch of novels that they’ve never made a series for references? They didn’t even know if GOT was going to be successful - in fact it only really started doing major numbers from seasons 3 and 4….
Bruh, most of Robert's Rebellion is better than anything that happened in GOT the series. A series on that would have done numbers regardless.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Bruh, most of Robert's Rebellion is better than anything that happened in GOT the series. A series on that would have done numbers regardless.
It has no source material. HBO would have been crazy to start there instead of with the actual book that GRRM wrote. Remember the original GoT pilot was so bad, half of it had to be reshot. And that was WITH a book they could adapt scene for scene. Show would have been straight up canceled if D&D would have started with the Rebellion, making up all of the scenes, dialogue, and characterization on their own.

This isn't even getting into the fact that GoT was seen as a risk in 2011, which is why the budget was modest and didn't allow for any battles. How you gonna do Roberts Rebellion with no battle budget?

Starting with Robert's Rebellion also would remove the mystery from R+L=J.

No matter how you cut it, HBO would have been crazy to start the show there.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They’re planning multiple shows right now. Nearly none of them have novels to go off. And I’m not sure that even applies here. Robert’s Rebellion has been talked about ad nauseum in the main books. If a writer can’t turn that into a show, they need to stop doing television.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
It is quite impressive how popular this show is, especially when you consider how they fukked up the ending of the OG GOT.
GOT’s still a top 5 tv show of all time, even with the rough ending. It’s number2 behind The Wire for me.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're definitely going to do ROBERT'S REBELLION. And I think it could be incredible. You could get at least 3 seasons out of that.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
If they gonna do RR they should wait longer, let us forget the actors that played those characters in GOT and do Dunk and Egg first so we can know the mad king's family and Aerys himself before he went nutz.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Alicent is a lot like Sansa but smarter I guess
She believes in the rules and traditions and the silly songs about honor and morals too

When her daddy marries her to viserys she goes through the same trauma sansa does with joffrey
Only she has to live and stay in that circumstance whereas Sansa escapes hers
Yea but Joffrey was a literal psychopath. Viserys is just old and disgusting 🤮, which is terrible, but he is still a good man.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I didn't say anything that warranted this response
You getting mad because I don't worship your favorite characters

Oh you mad now
So Viserys is the type of king who will execute his wife when it becomes convenient right? Doesn't that track with what he did to his first wife aemma? Didn't he kill her because he wanted a son soooo badly?
How is his treatment of Alicent good? because you think he treats her good?

Remember Alicent in ep 4? Remember her sleeping in another room from the king? Remember her literally sleeping with him with dead vacant eyes
I don't know how the show has to be any more clear for you than that

She does not romantically love this man she was forced into marrying him and having his children for her Dad

You obviously have no concept of the nuance in this show and are only parroting nonsense and shock value from GOT which you understand more because its black and white

Joffrey bad because he's beating and abusing sansa
Viserys good because he doesn't physically abuse Alicent
As a woman —YES. A thousand times- YES! :what::why:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
This shyt started so great but fell of quick. Main problem is that there's no likeable characters. Except for viserys who's now gone. Was rooting for alicent at one point until she gave birth to some school shooters. The actor switch was and still is fukkin retarded and really fukked up the momentum.

Daemon is a weak ass character with zero redeemable qualities. All he does is scheme and make stupid faces with his ugly ass. Rhany ain't shyt but a spoiled c*nt. All the kids on the show are lame as fukk. No good protagonists. No good villains. You don't feel connected to these characters at all. I'ma finish this season out. Maybe they'll save it at the end. But so far this shyt is just an RC cola version of GOT. Paddy still deserves an Emmy though. Dude was basically lebron on the Cavs status this season. Only character worthy of that GOT badge. Now we just got role players.