Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That's why I said instead of the time they chose for GOT they should have done Robert's Rebellion straight out the gate. HBO was tripping with that decision.

Robert's Rebellion would just be a fantasy show with no magic. No dragons, no Others, and missing the most popular characters (Dany, Arya, Jon Snow, etc). Come on fam, this is a terrible idea. HBO's decision ended up being the biggest TV show of a generation with the most pop culture impact. They clearly won here.

I felt like the best choice for a second/prequel show was either Dance Of Dragons or Aegon's Conquest. They went with the former and it's been a smash hit. If I was an HBO exec I wouldn't greenlight anything that didn't have dragons - meaning I'd shytcan everything in development right now (Sea Snake show, Nymeria show, etc) and just do Aegon's Conquest next. After that, assuming it works, then I'd maybe venture into dragon-less territory for Dunk & Egg.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Robert's Rebellion would just be a fantasy show with no magic. No dragons, no Others, and missing the most popular characters (Dany, Arya, Jon Snow, etc). Come on fam, this is a terrible idea. HBO's decision ended up being the biggest TV show of a generation with the most pop culture impact. They clearly won here.

I felt like the best choice for a second/prequel show was either Dance Of Dragons or Aegon's Conquest. They went with the former and it's been a smash hit. If I was an HBO exec I wouldn't greenlight anything that didn't have dragons - meaning I'd shytcan everything in development right now (Sea Snake show, Nymeria show, etc) and just do Aegon's Conquest next. After that, assuming it works, then I'd maybe venture into dragon-less territory for Dunk & Egg.
We gon be some old ass people watching this shyt because they have enough material for more than another decade 🤣

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
if I was an HBO exec I wouldn't greenlight anything that didn't have dragons - meaning I'd shytcan everything in development right now (Sea Snake show, Nymeria show
The Nymeria show would have dragons. The entire reason Nymeria leaves Essos is because of a brutal war between the Rhoynar and the dragon lords of Valyria. I feel like a first season of that show would heavily feature the Valyrian Freehold at its height.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who doesn't really care about having dragons and magic? I just want my political intrigue.
dragon and magic are cool, but the political/family drama is what makes the show great. GOT fell off when the writers were left on their own and started relying on dragons and magic to try to cover up for their shyt writing.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one who doesn't really care about having dragons and magic? I just want my political intrigue.

You're not. I like low fantasy anyway so I wouldn’t miss the supernatural shyt if the political intrigue was strong.

After his recent trilogy, HBO need to hit up Joe Abercrombie ASAP. Even GRRM said so. The only author that had me rooting for a torturer :wow:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
You're not. I like low fantasy anyway so I wouldn’t miss the supernatural shyt if the political intrigue was strong.

After his recent trilogy, HBO need to hit up Joe Abercrombie ASAP. Even GRRM said so. The only author that had me rooting for a torturer :wow:
Same. High fantasy is too fufu out there for me to totally get into.

Not familiar with Abercrombie. You think it's similar to ASOIAF? What book you talking about.

Daps
Rhaenyra doesn't look that bad when dressed like a regular woman instead of this shyt

c0c8040c1ae43139b8499a352498d98acd-negroni-sbagliato.rsquare.w330.png

edit: Apparently she's dating a dude on the low :ohhh:

What gets me about these dykes and homos is that they be looking terrible out here abd everybody can see it but them. She looks like an alright looking white woman when she's being that instead of trying to be a man.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Same. High fantasy is too fufu out there for me to totally get into.

Not familiar with Abercrombie. You think it's similar to ASOIAF? What book you talking about.

Some ASOIAF stans tend to recommend him, he's a bit more Tarantino with the genre. His First Law world not as deep as ASOIAF so it's not heavy with lore and details. His characters and action storytelling are straight piff tho :banderas:

Check out The First Law trilogy, Best Served Cold, The Heroes, and Age Of Madness trilogy. All set in the same universe.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Some ASOIAF stans tend to recommend him, he's a bit more Tarantino with the genre. His First Law world not as deep as ASOIAF so it's not heavy with lore and details. His characters and action storytelling are straight piff tho :banderas:

Check out The First Law trilogy, Best Served Cold, The Heroes, and Age Of Madness trilogy. All set in the same universe.
Thanks. What order do I go in?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Thanks. What order do I go in?
The First Law Trilogy
The Blade Itself
Before They Are Hanged
The Last Argument Of Kings

Standalone Books
Best Served Cold