Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ROBERTS REBELLION DOESNT
HIT THE SAME DUE TO
THE FACT WE SAW WHAT TOOK PLACE
A COUPLE OF DECADES LATER...
ITS JUST TOO CLOSE TO
THE EVENTS OF GOT.

HOD TAKING PLACE 200 YRS PRIOR
REALLY HELPED REFRESH
THE BRAND.
:devil:
:evil:

That's why I said instead of the time they chose for GOT they should have done Robert's Rebellion straight out the gate. HBO was tripping with that decision.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I like what goes down in Dance of the Dragons, but their choice to do a show on this over Robert's Rebellion or Aegon's Conquest is crazy to me. Hell, GOT should have been Robert's Rebellion straight out the gate. HBO's decision-making on what books to adapt is kinda wack.
i need HBO to open the checkbook for the doom of valyria and some stories way deep in essos that bring about the magical elements like asshai and shadowlands....or give me the first men/CoF/long winter. they keep giving us targs because dragons, but dragons were only cool in GoT because the only 3 in existence were dany's, IMO

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's why I said instead of the time they chose for GOT they should have done Robert's Rebellion straight out the gate. HBO was tripping with that decision.
they made the decision that made sense for a show they didn't know would become what it did, start it with the formal series. that said, HBO does a great job at miniseries and a 10-13 episode miniseries on the rebellion would be dope, but at this point, i don't think there's a need to build a multi-season show around it since so much of it was reveled via the main show

The Long Night prequel that they did the pilot for was going to be godawful. The original children of the forest were going to be black people that got turned into tree people because of a curse.
it's not an awful story tho, like go back to the drawing board and redo the TV adaptation. the CoF/first men establishes so many of the cultural elements from northern magic (warging, giants and white walkers), age of heroes, to religion, how the wildlings got cut off, to the settling of westeros and establishing the great houses, especially if it extends to the andal invasion...:ohlawd:

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
The Greens are going extra to the people on their side.
Princess Helaena and Alicent
9yiae3mw5lt91.jpg

LhMbWX7.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

POINT IS EVEN THE MOST
CASUAL GOT FAN KNOWS
ALL THE PLOT POINTS
SIMPLY FROM WATCHING GOT.

THERES A REASON THEY
HAVE POTENTIALLY 7 NEW SHOWS
AND THE REBELLION ISNT ONE OF THEM.

I get your point but, there’s a lot of characters we didn’t get to see or only barely got to see. People would want to see Rhaegar, Aerys, Brandon Stark, Rikard Stark, Lyanna, Jon Arryn, Barristan (in his late prime) and Arthur Dayne (more of him). And also a Robert in his prime and a young Jamie Lannister. They made an asston of Lord of the Rings movies and people know what happened but they still watched. Don’t see why GOT can’t.

Imagine all the fukkery Aerys would bring :ohlawd:

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
I wonder how long we got with Fetty Wap Targaryen

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I think the obvious next move after the Dance is Dunk & Egg/the Blackfyre rebellions. There's some iconic characters and classic moments that people would be hype to see, plus a fair bit of mystery surrounding it, like what happened with Summerhall. There is the issue of GRRM still writing the Dunk & Egg novellas, so ideally he would finish them before the show ever hits TV... but it's GRRM we're talking about here.

All the shyt with the Long Night, Aegon's Conquest, Nimeria's escape, etc, is too far back for me to even be interested. I'd rather see the shyt we know about get fleshed out better than to see them try to make up the story around some old shyt. Prequels are rarely good. I hate when characters offhandedly mention some uninteresting mysterious event they won't explain, and then they break the mystery in a prequel by showing you what happened. No one actually cared about seeing Han Solo make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

WELL WE KNOW IT
WASNT RHAE, HIS DEGENERATE
ASS DAUGHTER EITHER.

IT WAS JON "AEGON" SNOW

Well since they fukked up the ending so bad there's still some argument over who ended up being the prince who was promised

Some people think it was Dany, or a combo of Dany and Jon coming together

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well since they fukked up the ending so bad there's still some argument over who ended up being the prince who was promised

Some people think it was Dany, or a combo of Dany and Jon coming together

IT WAS CLEARLY JON.

DANY DIDNT KNOW
A THING ABOUT THE WHITE WALKERS
AND WAS ONLY CONCERNED
WITH THE THRONE.

EVERYONE DIES IF JON
DOESNT WARN THE WORLD ABOUT THEM.