Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
dumb question, but was Viserys saying that Rhae’s Aegon should be her heir? I originally assumed he was talking about Aegon the Conqueror but now I’m not sure.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dumb question, but was Viserys saying that Rhae’s Aegon should be her heir? I originally assumed he was talking about Aegon the Conqueror but now I’m not sure.

He was referring to Aegon the Conqueror. He thought he was telling Rhaenyra that it was on her to carry on the responsibility of the prophecy. Alicent thought he was talking about their son Aegon.

Too many damn Aegon's to be throwing that name around without specificity. :mjlol:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Alicent reminds me of professor umbrige and crazy ass aunt Lysa
6kXa.gif

4KSq.gif

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Rhaeneezy is like a sympathetic version of Cersei and Alicent is a prettier version of Aunt Lysa

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

He was talking about the future Aegons.. Classic sitcom misunderstanding

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Also lets clear up this point as well

People call Rhaenyra a loose woman in the setting because of her very public relationship with Daemon who is a married man(married to rhea rhoyce) her stepping out with daemon a married man in a public brothel like that starts rumors, She then goes on to have sex with criston who is the help(this gets exposed to a few people), and then sleeps with Harwin outside of her own marriage. All of these rumors follow her and paint her as irresponsible woman

Compared to the people in GOT for a high born lady and Queen Rhaenyra is very loose

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man, I love the fact they incorporated the song of ice and fire/prince who was promised prophecy to this storyline. OG game of thrones dropped the ball with that one

We were first supposed to see this in s2 of game of thrones when Daenarys visits the House of the Undying. She sees a vision of her brother Rhaegar holding a baby next to a woman on a bed. He names the baby Aegon "What better name for a king?". The woman ask "will you write a song for him" and he replies "He has a song. He is the prince that was promised and his is the song of ice and fire"

We all eventually find out that baby is jon. Half Stark (ice) and Half Targ (fire) and that his real name is Aegon Targaryen.

It just makes me so pissed the way D n D fukked it all up. The END of game of thrones should be Aegon (jon) killing the night king and marrying Daenarys so they can continue the Targaryen line. The OG show basically killed off the targs by killing Dany and jon going north of the Wall to be a wildling :snoop:. I have no idea how GRRM plans on ending it in the books but I know it won't be him eliminating the targs forever

We got all this history of the targs for a reason, dragons are reborn into this world for a reason. That prophecy that been passed down for 300 years was for a reason :damn:

:pacspit: fukk D & D

GRRM gave Dumb and Dumber the outline on what was going to happen. They filled in the blanks horribly and wrapped the shyt up too quickly.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Y'all can try to drum up support for Vaemond with the black card but that shyt is not working. He got emotional and overplayed a losing hand when everyone knew he needed to fall back. He could not control himself seeing that W snatched away at the last second and literally lost his head for it.

fukk Vaemond.:manny:

He "stood on his square" and died for it, his cause or any future moves died with him. Him and Corlys both suffer from a debilitating sense of pride, they just display it differently. Every truly great player in the history of GoT knows when to fall back in order to have a chance of victory another day, Vaemond lost his composure and became a footnote.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rhaenyra is probably the weakest player in terms of the larger game being played
Her go to move for every problem is cry to her daddy or offer her kids up as appeasement

Vaemond would have won the argument he had alicent and otto down for him
if Rhaenyra didn't go crying to daddy again to pull a hail mary it would have gone to Vaemond off the strength of his plotting

That's why she really needed Daemon.