Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say what you want about his indecisiveness or excusing Rhaenyra’s bad decisions, Viserys is the best king we’ve seen on the show thus far :wow:People forget we had Robert (a drunk), Joffrey (a sadistic psychopath), Tommen (timid but had potential) and Cersei (another psycho). Viserys did the best he could :wow:

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
You dropping some knowledge in here!
Expound…who do you think wrote those texts/scripture, and why…

Keep going…
You’re welcome.

Most of our ancestors practiced ATRs like Vodun, Yoruba and Abosom etc before enslavement.

A segment were Muslim, because by then Islam was already imposed on them in Africa during the Arab slavetrade. This went by way of economic blackmail since Muslims wouldn’t do business with non-Muslims and war. Islam was never accepted peacefully, it was the driving force behind the Arab slavetrade. So that segment that were Muslim were so because of those reasons.

Christianity was imposed on our ancestors during the Trans-Atlantic slavetrade as a tool to keep them obedient and mentally enslaved, because ATRs were keeping the enslaved rebellious and was therefor forbidden and heavily punished to eradicate them.

It’s a hard truth for some, but it’s a needed truth to know and acknowledge to move forward as a people.

Most of our ancestors practices ATRs.
It’s one of if not THEE most important things we can look at that shows no matter where our ancestors were, the African Spiritual systems is what we all had in common.

This is why when you look at the Black Diaspora in the Americas, you will find leftovers from those ATRs that were originally practiced all over West-Africa still bein compatible with the ones in the Americas
(Santeria, Cuba vs Yoruba, Nigeria comparison using ATRs)

The red thread in the Black Diaspora are the African spiritual systems.
African-American, Afro-Caribbean and Afro-Latino people all created their own versions of African Spiritual Systems.

Hoodoo in America, Vodou in Haiti, Winti in Suriname, Candomble in Brazil, Santeria in Cuba, Obeah in Jamaica etc are all manifestations of those ATRs that the ancestors tried to save under slavery.

These Diasporic ATRs all (except one) went through syncretism to survive, because Christianity was the driving force behind the enslavers during the trans-Atlantic slave.

That one ATR exception in the Diaspora that never syncretized with Christianity during slavery is Winti in Suriname.

It’s interesting because this whole controversy with the Little Mermaid bein Black is silly when Mermaids have been all over the Diaspora in the ATRs.

Again, just look at the African Spiritual Systems in the Diaspora and they all have names for it.

In Mainland Africa she’s called Yemoja and Mami Wata
(Ghana, Nigeria, Angola, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin Etc)
18:15 - 19:30 (Timestamped)

In the Americas she’s called.
Yemanja in Brazil
La Sirène in Haiti
Watra Mama in Suriname
River Mumma in Jamaica
Mama D’Leau in Trinidad

The Trans-Atlantic slave trade and Arab slave trade were so destructive and effective, because they forced those enslaved to get rid of whole spiritual systems with cosmologies, concepts and nature-based lifestyles attached to them for their own Abrahamic faith.

That’s why the marketing about ATRs in the Black Diaspora have always been so heavy on the anti-Blackness calling it demonic and devilish. This is all on purpose to keep our people spiritually under their systems control, as far as possible from our ancestors own African Spiritual systems.

Why when you look at the ATRs in the Black Diaspora is it that they wanted to eradicate those systems under slavery specifically, but were so adamant about converting our ancestors to Christianity and Islam?

Why did the Ancestors go through such lengths to save the ATRs and create the Diasporic ATRs to save what they had, under such severe attempts of the enslavers to eradicate them? Those are the deeper questions.

I didn’t wanna derail the thread, but since you asked me to expound

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Infact I’ve never heard a single reference to skin tone in this or game of thrones.
Watch the Inside the Episode. Vaemond’s actor says they’re not from his nephew because “they’re white”

So for show purposes skin tone matters. Even if you think the actor is misinformed, HBO included his comments so it’s co-signed by the show.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Not only because it’s my favorite color, but I’m Team Green. fukk what some of y’all are talking about.
:mjpls:

Ain’t no way I’m supporting no lying whore mother of b*stards. She’s been a hoe since she was a kid. Finessing dikk outta dudes and taking advantage of them with her position and authority. I liked her before she become a dishonorable incestuous slut.
:yeshrug:

Then she tried to play the breh Vaemomd, ruin his Valeryan House, and give Driftmark to some b*stards that he isn’t even related to? Viserys is falling apart, half dead and looking like The Crypt Keeper, trying to boss up on him? Buddy looked like his body was already rotting. That albino fakkit Daemon popped breh’s top smooth off for spitting the truth that everyone already knows. fukk outta here.
:camby:

Now, Alicent Hightower? That’s what I call a real woman.
:banderas:

I can tell the homie Big Aemond is gonna be a problem. He’s my favorite character of the series so far. He got that dawg in him.
:myman:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Watch the Inside the Episode. Vaemond’s actor says they’re not from his nephew because “they’re white”

So for show purposes skin tone matters. Even if you think the actor is misinformed, HBO included his comments so it’s co-signed by the show.

:mjcry:WHY YALL INTRODUCING RACE
INTO THE THREAD?

THEY JUST WANNA c00n IN PEACE.

:devil:
:evil:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Viserys put on for his daughter :wow: . He knew she was on bullshyt and was knocking on death's door, but he limped his ass in there and held her and her children down. Black maester breh was doing the best he can....he scraped a few more years of life out for him bc he was down bad two episodes ago lol.

I think that Viserys’ Maesters have been low-key poisoning him all of this time. It’s been hinted multiple times that the Maesters and religious types of the realm do not fukk with Viserys naming Rhaneyra as heir to the throne. In fact, a lot of people don’t, but they’d never admit it out loud. Most of the Maesters probably don’t agree with it at all, and want his goofy ass outta there. They’re just taking their sweet time and making sure that he suffers on his way out. Can’t make it too obvious. Buddy aged like 40 years in the span of 10.
:hubie:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I think that Viserys’ Maesters have been low-key poisoning him all of this time. It’s been hinted multiple times that the Maesters and religious types of the realm do not fukk with Viserys naming Rhaneyra as heir to the throne. In fact, a lot of people don’t, but they’d never admit it out loud. Most of the Maesters probably don’t agree with it at all, and want his goofy ass outta there. They’re just taking their sweet time and making sure that he suffers on his way out. Can’t make it too obvious. Buddy aged like 40 years in the span of 10.
:hubie:
I think its bytch ass otto doing that shyt. Viseys seemed to be getting healthy til otto bytch ass showed up again

Otto hoe ass want control and he always trying to get the king to drink some shyt

Anton

All Star
Daps
Whats wrong with rhae kids?
c882096cc541d76095691ccd80ebbedbecb4befa.gifv