Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is my first time watching, I just didn't turn it off in time before it started so I went on ahead and left it on like :jbhmm:, then I went :ohhh: and then :laff:

I might have to go back and rewarch the rest if they're all this good:pachaha:

watching it now…I hate these shyts bcuz they’re just boring and I don’t like seeing/hearing the actors out of character but somebody forgot to tell breh “cut” lmao…you can feel the tone shift when he starts speaking lol

*edit*

“naaah, mate…” :russ:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Doesn’t fit her character tho. She’s said many times she doesn’t give af about the throne. Plus these grandchildren ain’t even her blood. And remember she believes Rhaenyra killed her son and disrespectfully married Daemon right after. She despises them so her decision makes no sense.

I’m only going off of how the show is choosing to characterize her.
She doesn't care about the throne in the sense of being on it herself. She believes she had her time and is satisfied being titled a Targaryen Princess and Lady of Driftmark.

Jace and Luke are not her blood but Baela and Rhaena are and bethrothing them is the power play to make. A great-grand on the throne, and her house kept in tact through the other. She has no other son's or even grandsons, backing Vaemond strips her granddaughters from holding or bearing a child that holds any title. She's also honoring her husband until she hears him state otherwise.

This is exactly her character because she was schooling Rhaenyra on royal politics as a woman from day one.

We'll also have to see how she plays with Viserys dead. Him making a point to sit on the throne, if it didn't solidify what she was going to do, made her play her position.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Y'all need to watch the Behind the scenes vignette after the episode. The brotha Valaryon in there talking spicy, talking about "he knows they aren't Velaryon. They're WHITE. :what:"

I feel like that was a major misunderstanding on his part. I was gonna come in here and say the last few eps have given me heavy Shakespeare or I, Claudius vibes. Not only in terms of the drama presented but even the casting. There are centuries worth of examples of different races playing different characters in those type of plays, and the more I watch the show it feels like that. Moreso than "these characters are white, these characters are black." The entire concept of race seems irrelevant in a very medieval or Roman way. Romans understood Egyptians looked different than them, but there was no concept of "whiteness" at the time. They were just men.

Daps
Daemon low key respects Aemond

they both on the same type of time:russ:

I been trying to tell brehs. Daemon been giving him the :ehh: all along.

:pachaha:

I like how Daemon was watching the school shooter riding his dead wife's dragon with a mix of :ehh::manny:

His daughters were upset but he's like, "yeah its cool, we got more dragons:ehh:"

Targset, we are so strong right now:wow:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
AeGOAT One Eye just turned half the audience (the smart half) to The Greens :wow:

Well we better buckle up, the prologue is done and the actual fukkery is about to begin :blessed: