Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
From James Hibberd, who broke the Jon Snow sequel story, and was pretty much the definitive behind the scenes/exclusive Game of Thrones writer/reporter during its run. He wrote and published the oral history book of that show, and once again he seems to have the inside connection on HotD.

It's interesting that he says this feels like a pilot because he revealed a few months ago in his big HotD article that Carly Wray (writer for Watchmen, Mad Men, Westworld, Mindhunter, The Leftovers) was the original showrunner chosen by HBO to adapt this source material, and this episode's material is where she wanted to start the show episode 1. No young versions of the characters, no recasts or time skips.

GRRM and Carly couldn't agree on starting the show without all of the backstory, which is one reason why her version didn't move forward. HBO next tabbed Bryan Cogman, but Cogman himself admitted his treatment wasn't where it needed to be because he was still working on Game of Thrones while he was writing it so he was too stretched thin.

After HBO struck out twice on adapting the story, George handpicked his friend and superfan Ryan Condal with the directive to adapt the backstory of the characters. Ryan said in the interview with Idris Elba that the very first thing he and GRRM did, before they even broke the pilot together, was sit down and have a long debate about where to start the story. He said after they hashed it out. they made a compromise on where to start the story but it would involve a lot of time skips and recasts.

Last edited:
Daps
This is what I love about quality shows, the conversation. I like this point of view too.

Do believe Aemond will “takeover” from his brother?

Yep. As far as I'm concerned, this thread is an official part of the lore. I love coming in here and reading the viewpoints as much as I love watching the show.

Daps
Just reading this makes me mad again. They really built up 6+ seasons of potentially the GOAT character arc just to subvert expectations at the end. GRRM got some explaining to do… cuz why even bring Jon back from the dead if this was his vision?

Arya never comes north to kill the Ice King if she doesn't hear about the battle of the b*stards where Jon retook Winterfell. Jon came back just to get Arya to the north to fulfill her destiny :troll:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
stop making excuses for trash writing.... this show is a mexican telenovela with dragons

I ain't making excuses...I'm telling you the possible rationale behind leaving that scene on the cutting room floor

only person Daemon has shown some kind of closeness to is Rhaenyra...the marriage with Laena was always a political move, not one born out of love

Last edited:
Daps
Viserys is running a weak ass realm - I haven't seen much consequence for defying anything related to him.

Well think about it like this. Every other king/queen we've seen or heard about has been attacked and/or murked. The Mad King, that fat rebellious fakkit Robert, Joffrey (he got attacked AND murked), we'll leave sweet sweet Tommen out of the conversation (:mjcry:) and Cersei (she got attacked AND murked).

Folks is obviously shook to do anything to Vicerys. This dude been on his deathbed for 30 years and folks is :lupe:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Laena and Daemon are cousins
Rhaenys Laena's mother calls Viserys Daemon's brother her cousin
So that means the two lil black velaryons are incest kids

The rest of the kids are not so closely related but its irrelevant because Viserys and Daemon are the products of brother and sister marriage
Their offspring would be pulling from mostly the targ gene pool

Yea imo the inbreeding in this show just isnt realistic unless the Targaryen line is genetically/magically protected by it

Viserys and Daemon parents were brother and sister, Viserys first wife (Rhaenyras mom) was his half-first cousin. How is Viserys, Daemon and especially Rhaenyra not fukking retarded and slackjawed? Lets not even get into Daenerys ol 7 generations of close inbreeding head ass :snoop:

Egyptian Royalty did that and Tutankhamen was all fukked up, the Hapsburg line of Europe looked like monsters

You could REALISTICALLY have one or two of those inbreds come out fine, but after 3 generations of continously doing that? Maybe if they were like, 2nd cousins or some shyt but full on siblings and 1st cousins? Nah son

Also how do the Targs get a pass for this culturally when it was a life threatening secret for Jaime and Cersei??

Book readers is this ever explained or what? Are the Velaryons and Targaryens actual family or just two close knit houses from Old Valyria that share the platinum hair trait?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
From James Hibberd, who broke the Jon Snow sequel story, and was pretty much the definitive behind the scenes/exclusive Game of Thrones writer/reporter during its run. He wrote and published the oral history book of that show, and once again he seems to have the inside connection on HotD.

It's interesting that he says this feels like a pilot because he revealed a few months ago in his big HotD article that Carly Wray (writer for Watchmen, Mad Men, Westworld, Mindhunter, The Leftovers) was the original showrunner chosen by HBO to adapt this source material, and this episode's material is where she wanted to start the show episode 1. No young versions of the characters, no recasts or time skips.

GRRM and Carly couldn't agree on starting the show without all of the backstory, which is one reason why her version didn't move forward. HBO next tabbed Bryan Cogman, but Cogman himself admitted his treatment wasn't where it needed to be because he was still working on Game of Thrones while he was writing it so he was too stretched thin.

After HBO struck out twice on adapting the story, George handpicked his friend and superfan Ryan Condal with the directive to adapt the backstory of the characters. Ryan said in the interview with Idris Elba that the very first thing he and GRRM did, before they even broke the pilot together, was sit down and have a long debate about where to start the story. He said after they hashed it out. they made a compromise on where to start the story but it would involve a lot of time skips and recasts.

Interesting.... personally, I don't mind the skips. I feel like we have close to the full picture going forward

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Jon doesn't have purple eyes. That would've been a dead giveaway to who he was.

You're right. I haven't read the books in like 8 years but I did have this game of thrones artbook of the 1st season where they draw jon with purple eyes. I've always had that image in my head and pictured him like that afterwards. Ima try to find it now