Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If you don't say every episode is the beat thing to ever air on TV these weirdly attached weirdos gon come for you and say that you're wrong and don't understand the show when in reality this shyt is 200 times more dumbed down than OG and not as good but they can't admit it cause they don't wanna feel let down again :mjlol:
Showrunner stated they purposely dumbed it down so "dummies" can follow along with the time jumps.. Once those are over, they are supposed to stop doing that

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NAH HES RIGHT...

THEY WERE BATTING 10/10 BUT
THIS RECENT 3 YR TIME JUMP
WITH MORE TO COME HAVE REALLY
DROPPED IT A COUPLE OF POINTS.

FAST FOOD GENERATION IS RESPONSIBLE.
:devil:
:evil:
Nah this ain't a fast food generation issue. There's a larger context that falls on HBO

Game Of Thrones dropped completely out of social consciousness after those terrible last seasons. Nikkas erased that shyt from memory and stopped speaking about it. That wasn't supposed to be how the Game Of Thrones machine turned out

I can guarantee you HBO pressured GRRM to get this shyt out as fast as possible to get GOT back in people's minds and mouths

How do you do that? Condensed stories with fewer details and time jumps just get the shyt out nikka:mjlol:. This is probably why Fire and Blood was written in the first place. To have a cache of TV ready, quickly adaptable, condensed storylines

Also consider all the house cleaning going on at WB/HBO. Shyt is getting bushed left and right and they're hyperfocusing on specific projects. House Of The Dragon is a very corporate attempt at regaining some of the stream GOT lost and them offering Grrm a shot at repairing some of the damage done to his baby

If Game Of Thrones was fresh squeezed orange juice House Of The Dragon is the condensed frozen juice in a can

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The battle scene was cool, but the majority of this ep was :unimpressed:

How can they make the 3rd ep feel like it’s filler? :martin:

I’m not really feeling the show. None of the characters are interesting and the storylines aren’t engaging. The things that spark my curiosity won’t happen (if they do happen) until later seasons.

I think I’ll give it one more ep.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
The battle scene was cool, but the majority of this ep was :unimpressed:

How can they make the 3rd ep feel like it’s filler? :martin:

I’m not really feeling the show. None of the characters are interesting and the storylines aren’t engaging. The things that spark my curiosity won’t happen (if they do happen) until later seasons.

I think I’ll give it one more ep.

To keep it 100, Game of Throne's 3rd episode, "Lord Snow", was a bit dull too - at least compared to the rest of the 1st season

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whatever, but I was hooked on the show after the first ep or 2. Can’t say the same here. :ld:

every ep can’t be a 10 but that being said I welcome the criticism…that’s what these threads are for…to discuss the episodes for better or for worse…I was able to rewatch the first 2 eps easily…I don’t feel compelled to rewatch this last one tho

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV

I can't rock with the sea snake or 10000 ships getting shows
These are all incredibly limited badass moments in history of planetos but only have a enough material for like 1 season

House of the Dragon is good and likely can continue all the way up into robert's rebelllion if they slow the pace down in time for Grrm to release TWOW and Fire and Blood v2

Imo the Blood Moon show or Long Night origin story probably won't happen now

Hedge Knight would be good Dunk and Egg is a small scale story and can feature main villain bloodraven and retcon the ending of GOT if they try hard

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
every ep can’t be a 10 but that being said I welcome the criticism…that’s what these threads are for…to discuss the episodes for better or for worse…I was able to rewatch the first 2 eps easily…I don’t feel compelled to rewatch this last one tho
I have no expectations for this show, nor do I for the majority of the shows I watch. It’s not about an ep’s rating, but keeping the interest alive. This ep did nothing for me.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I can't rock with the sea snake or 10000 ships getting shows
These are all incredibly limited badass moments in history of planetos but only have a enough material for like 1 season

House of the Dragon is good and likely can continue all the way up into robert's rebelllion if they slow the pace down in time for Grrm to release TWOW and Fire and Blood v2

Imo the Blood Moon show or Long Night origin story probably won't happen now

Hedge Knight would be good Dunk and Egg is a small scale story and can feature main villain bloodraven and retcon the ending of GOT if they try hard
Sea snake had seven voyages, that seven seasons by itself.
Bloodraven getting reconned Into the house of the dragon with Dunkin and egg since those are Targaryen stories anyway with blackfyre rebellion.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Sea snake had seven voyages, that seven seasons by itself.
Bloodraven getting reconned Into the house of the dragon with Dunkin and egg since those are Targaryen stories anyway with blackfyre rebellion.
I've been wanting to see Bloodraven in live action since I first read the Dunk and Egg joints. This needs to happen :wow:
Might be in the top 3 ASOIAF lore characters for me.