Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Seasmoke according to the captions. I didn’t even know Velaryons had dragons. Thought Corlys pointed out that they weren’t a dragon riding house in Valyria
Corlys house is a minor valyrian house they are not capable of riding dragons by themselves

He is married to Rhaenys Targaryen and his children are Laena and Laenor who have dragon blood and can ride dragons because of their mother

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Corlys house is a minor valyrian house they are not capable of riding dragons by themselves

He is married to Rhaenys Targaryen and his children are Laena and Laenor who have dragon blood and can ride dragons because of their mother

They have to be able to ride dragons. The same blood the Targs have runs in the Velaryons. They likely just couldn't afford a dragon egg or weren't at the status level you had to be at to have one. I'm sure there were hundreds of thousands of people living in Ancient Valyria so alot of people would have had the ability/heritage but, only the rich and powerful lords actually had dragons.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Two things from the behind the scenes and I swear none of it is spoilers...

:russ:

The freaking show prefaced that internal problems will end this house. They aren’t trying to surprise you like that.

And you’re acting like you Sherlocked that people in the houses haven’t surprised you.

So far everyone is playing out according to duty as expected. Anyone gets out of line like Daemon they are brought back in. The further we go along is when the surprises happen. When duty isn’t the highest regard. But they have to build up the expectations that stuff will fall back into line.

GOT was a different beast. Like building Legos then ramming them into each other. HOD so far is just a giant jenga tower. How much pressure and from what direction the break happens cause we know it’s going to fall.
I wasn't talking about the major shyt.. It was something they said on the after scene that made me understand.. They basically said they had to dumb it down the first few eps so people wouldn't get lost in the time jumps. That's why everything is so telegraphed. They had to fit all those years in 3 episodes, which only lead to showing the big plot points..

Another thing I caught was them talking about the white elk. To see it on the baby's nameday is a sign. Then when they kill it, it's the brown one. "It shows Viserys that these omens aren't always true." I like how they alluded to that part of GOT. The entire story was supposed to be about some omen or legend. Turned out to not be true since Arya put in that work. Then you gotta ask yourself... Why would you think some omen would be true? It's made up

Last edited: