Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Daps
Yes and No. As far as I can remember, no Targs with black hair sat on the throne as King but, there have been dark haired Targs in the family. So yes, people would snicker but, ultimately, it wouldn't really matter. The only person who would be against it is Aerys and if Rhaegar had won at the Trident, he would have put Aerys in a Medieval insane asylum or had him imprisoned.

Him getting another woman pregnant would have been the bigger deal. Rhaegar would ultimately have to choose who would become king out of Aegon or Aegon (Jon :skip:) and it could have been another DOTD in the making later down the line.

So in the other timeline, you think Jon would have tried to get the throne? :lupe:

An ambitious Jon Snow in the cut is a scary sight:lupe:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So in the other timeline, you think Jon would have tried to get the throne? :lupe:

Rhaegar was more worried about getting three riders to fulfill the prophecy but, IDK...that sounds like a rebellion waiting to happen.

If he disinherited Aegon (older one), Dorne would rebel, feel like Elia was taken advantage of and say Aegon was the rightful heir.

If Rhaegar put Jon aside, the North would feel disrespected. Lyanna wasn't some regular girl. What Rhaegar did was extremely disrespectful in that time period. There's no way the Starks would have a Royal grandson, and a daughter that got discarded and be cool about it. These the same cats that ran up to KL without blinking. Plus, they killed Brandon and Rickard, so the North would be waiting for any reason to buck.

Last edited:

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the analogy that brehs have been using about the dragons being the Targaryan's "nukes".

With that being said, why would terrorists attack America even though we got a bunch of nukes on standby?

I believe the answer is the same.
Some terrorist attack off some straight suicide mission I'm fulfilling Gods divine order type stuff. This doesn't feel like that.
Now granted I haven't read the books so I don't know what's the long term play here but even still no matter who they're backed by their pirates. This isn't even a real army to my understanding.. Or maybe they are because the battle scene next week looks heavy lol Idk

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Help me out with something. The Targaryens at this point got like 10 dragons on standby.. Who would dare play around with them at this point let alone some Pirates.. The threat just isn't adding up to me.
The Targs only really have one adult dragon rider at this point that would go to war - Daemon.

Rhaenyra is still a child and Rhaeneys is old and wouldn’t be interested in battle.

The Free Cities and other various armies have warred with dragon lords before and killed their dragons.

The Triarchy (alliance of Lys, Myr, and Tyrosh) are also probably wealthier than The Seven Kingdoms. It’s not just random pirates vs dragon lords. It’s three powerful nations from the old Valyrian Freehold that are supporting thousands of mercenaries, which in Essos is almost an endless supply.

The Stepstones, where this conflict is taking place, is a permanently disputed chain of islands in the narrow sea so it’s not like Westeros has a claim to it. It’s a permanently disputed area that no one is able to hold for very long because of the endless pirates that are always attacking. The only reason Corlys is tight about it is because those shipping lanes are directly responsible for his newfound wealth.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People still test you when you show weakness even if you have flying wmd they do it by proxy. Listen to what was said that it was the free cities across the narrow sea (penthos ,myrrh ,tyrosh) backing the pirates and viserys is weak cause that would be like bloking the panama canal or the suez canal that situation extended could cause economic termoil on the entire kingdom.

Shiet look at it even now people don't step in on russia/ukraine directly they do it by proxy so they don't use their wmd's on them
Idk bro it just feels like a suicide mission for those pirates. I mean the money backing the pirates at some point have to think the more damage we do eventually they say enough is enough and bring the Dragons out right? And then what?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Rhaegar's chance was at the tourney at Harrenhal rumor was that he organizing the coup there. The king wasn't going to show up he rarely went out in public after his kidnapping at Duskendale he only went there cause Varys found out and told him about it. He also got obsessed with the mystery knight of the laughing tree. Rumored to be Lyanna. The theory is (since the book hasn't come out and they haven't expounded on it thank you you fat fukk) that The king sent the kings guard or someone to bring the head of that knight , Rhaegar got wind of it(he might have been sent or the kingsguard told him) and interceded and found out the knight was Lyanna and they fell hard for each other.

There was so much shyt going on at that tournament that you could have a whole 10 hour season on it. That's why A Robert's Rebellion prequel would do superbowl numbers cause so much crazy shyt happened with characters we know or are closely related to the main cast. Imagine a Cast of young Robert, young Ned shiiiet Og Brandon stark (basically roberts attitude with a stark last name a flashback to when he cut up young little finger up :noah: ) Ashara Dayne :noah:, a full blown crazy mad king, Varys in his ear, young tywin scheming, and best of all the legendary and probably best ever Kingsguard 7 there ever was we already saw arthur Dayne in action in brans vision now if they accurate with it and give him the sword of the morning :whew:

They gotta do it for the Mad King alone :pachaha:

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Targs only really have one adult dragon rider at this point that would go to war - Daemon.

Rhaenyra is still a child and Rhaeneys is old and wouldn’t be interested in battle.

The Free Cities and other various armies have warred with dragon lords before and killed their dragons.

The Triarchy (alliance of Lys, Myr, and Tyrosh) are also probably wealthier than The Seven Kingdoms. It’s not just random pirates vs dragon lords. It’s three powerful nations from the old Valyrian Freehold that are supporting thousands of mercenaries, which in Essos is almost an endless supply.

The Stepstones, where this conflict is taking place, is a permanent disputed chain of islands in the narrow sea so it’s not like Westeros has a claim to it. It’s a permanent disputed area that no one is able to hold for very long because of the endless pirates that are always attacking. The only reason Corlys is tight about it is because those shipping lanes are directly responsible for his newfound wealth.
Gotcha.. This was explained beautifully.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
"my neice is my favorite cousin after all"

waiting-patiently-huh.gif

:mjlol:"RHAENYS IS MY FAVORITE COUSIN"

:devil:
:evil:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN

In the books JS is way smarter, wittier and way more aggressive even prone to fits of anger his mom Lyanna and his uncle Brandon were the same way they call that the wolfsblood . They been rumoring (now for 11 years thanks George) that once he is ressurected (we still in season 5 in the books :skip: )
in the winds of winter he will be even more aggressive because when a skinchanger dies their soul go into their animal and they loose parts of themselves becoming more animal like as time passes on. These rules where explained very well in the Varamyr prologue. There is a lot of stuff going down at the wall so they might take a long ass time to rez him maybe even at the end of the book. But that's the only logical explanation as to why George put a chapter explaining the ins and outs of skinchangers and what happens when and after they die. And then have a warg (skinchanger of a wolf) die at the end of the book and yell Ghost as he is dying, also his wolf named Ghost too is pretty telling.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
to all you otto nikkas celebrating daemonset takes no Ls only eventual dubs :ufdup:

y'all had to call in an assist from rhaenera and she don't even like y'all like that

LET ME FIND OUT YOU SPOILING shyt
AND IM GONNA BANNISH YOU
LIKE DAEMONS WHORE.

YOU BOOK READERS NEED TO
LEAVE THIS SET shyt ALONE AND
ENJOY THE SHOW.

:devil:
:evil: