FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yea..... I cant front..... I had no idea that was Migos and I'm black.:ld:

Like I've heard of them dudes from word of mouth, but could name one Migos song and them dudes could literally walk right in front of me and I couldnt point them out. Matter fact after that joke...... I googled them just to see if that was really them and even then I was still unsure. You 2 nicca post has just NOW only confirmed it.

I just dont rock with them like that or a lot of new niccas like them with that style.:francis:

I'm more of an underground rap fan from the soulful shyt of Little Brother/Jamla/Tanya Morgan type shyt, toe the alternative MF DOOM/Deltron 3030 type shyt, to my old school classics like Wu, Redman, and DMX.

Na... that scene was necessary:manny:

nikka you sound like my damn twin :mjlol: and we from the same city :dwillhuh:
I might actually know you fam :ohhh:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
The waitress was actually a waitress. The attendant was a random guy that found a vest at Kroger's and was using a lightsaber to direct traffic.

If the waitress was black, Van would've listened the same because the waiter actually works at the restaurant, knows the menu and provides suggestions like every actual waiter does.

When I go out to a new spot, I might ask the waiter what they prefer if I'm trying to decide between a couple of options.

A random dude on a dark ass street that tells you that gangs come out at 11 to vandalize and steal cars, that tow trucks come around often and charges the same as the actual valet service for the restaurant would get the :camby: from anybody.

Keep in mind, this is Van's car. Somebody vandalizes the shyt and she has to pay for it while Earn gives her the :yeshrug:

If somebody steals the car, she has to find a way to get to work since she's the only one bringing in income, pick up her kid and do everyday things.
The parking attendant was straight forward while the waitress saw a come up.
They are both sellers of a product.
I have seen this amongst associates and friends before and personally experience this before.
It's shows that underlining mistrust we have amongst each other in our community.
I used to work at Best Buy(years ago), I would go out of my way to give customers as much information on a camera as possible only to see them walk away(thank me for the information), I would take a break, come back and see my white coworker make the sell off my information.
I even had a coworker tell me that a woman"was glad he came back because she didn't believe all the knowledge I knew about the product"
Different face, Different reactions
My co worker was white and was the most incompetent dude in my department.
But you see the white patron didn't have a problem parking in the lot, why is that...
Yeah you could say being in an unsavory part of town and some random nikka trying to get you to park in a random make shift parking lot is common sense but the "attendant" was the most honest in the whole situation.
Maybe I'm looking in to it too much, but life experiences made me recognize that whole scene off the top:yeshrug:

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The parking attendant was straight forward while the waitress saw a come up.

The dude was straight forward about there being a high possibility of people coming out and vandalizing cars and stealing cars and tow trucks going up and down the street.

He was straight forward about the only thing he'd be able to do is come find you at the restaurant, if you're still there and hopefully you'll get back before your car is fukked up on attached to the back of the tow truck.

Why would you pay some random guy $10 to watch your car on a fukked up street as opposed to the actual valet service $10 that's not gonna put your car in a spot where it's in danger of getting vandalized or towed?

It's shows that underlining mistrust we have amongst each other in our community.
I used to work at Best Buy(years ago), I would go out of my way to give customers as much information on a camera as possible only to see them walk away(thank me for the information), I would take a break, come back and see my white coworker make the sell off my information.
I even had a coworker tell me that a woman"was glad he came back because she didn't believe all the knowledge I knew about the product"
Different face, Different reactions
My co worker was white and was the most incompetent dude in my department.
That situation isn't similar at all.

Both of you all worked at Best Buy. Both of you were hired to provide information and sell products to customers. If something goes wrong, those people can come back to you or your employer and seek remedy.

That dude wasn't a parking attendant.

Me finding a blue vest and having people meet me in random alleys to sell tvs at full price and letting people know that the tv might not work, of course I'm gonna get looked at crazy.

Last edited:

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
She supports herself and her daughter without any help. If anyone should be having side dreams, it should be her. In fact, her dream would be much more possible if Earn helped out.

I say this with the assumption that the house and car she has were bought with her own money and not passed down/bought by her parents - who haven't been introduced yet. So this is all pure speculation at this point. But she definitely has a right to bytch.

Besides whether Earn is broke or not, he's still gonna bum money off her anyway :heh: So what is the nikka complaining about? Now you don't have money to do shyt that you shouldn't have thought about doing anyway :lolbron:

I kid. Kinda. But that's some shyt my parents would tell my ass as a teenager.
this nikka in here :cape: cause she reminds him of his momma or just because she lightskin. That bytch aint winning nothing she got a kid with a college dropout and is living paycheck to paycheck in what looks like section 8 housing. That is nothing to applaud. :camby:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
this nikka in here :cape: cause she reminds him of his momma or just because she lightskin. That bytch aint winning nothing she got a kid with a college dropout and is living paycheck to paycheck in what looks like section 8 housing. That is nothing to applaud. :camby:
You're trying too hard.